Mingyu - Under the Mistletoe

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

LETS GO DAY 9 WOO! time for everyones favorite dork our lovely mingyu XD hope you guys like this one!!

Request: kind of a request from my girl @itselisebear​ on tumblr XD you mentioned you found this scenario so i hope you like it <3

Word count: 966

Genre: Fluff; Christmas

Characters: You, Mingyu, Seungcheol, Woozi, and Vernon

 

“Ugh, I’m exhausted,” you groan as you lean into your tall boyfriend’s side.

Mingyu smiles down at you and throws his arm over your shoulder as he leads the way to the apartment. “I can’t believe you were in the library for that long.”

“School’s gross, Mingyu,” you complain.

“Well, you’re done now,” he laughs. Stopping in front of the door, he squeezes you a little tighter. “And it’s the holidays! You deserve to relax.”

With a deep sigh, you smile up at your always supportive boyfriend. “Thanks baby. All I really want right now is some coffee.”

Opening the door, Mingyu blushes slightly. “I hope that’s not all you want right now.”

You don’t even get a chance to question his weird word emphasis when you walk into the apartment and see what he’s talking about. Staring up at the ceiling, you don’t know if you should laugh or smack Mingyu or both. “Mingyu! Did you do this?!” you ask in your disbelief.

You tilt your head all the way back to see the ceiling covered in mistletoe. A little plant hanging every few feet, it all screams Mingyu.

Closing the door behind you, Mingyu has an extremely satisfied smile. Still a little nervous, he rubs the back of your neck. Before he says anything else, he leans down and kisses you on the cheek. At your eye level, he grins and says, “Merry Christmas baby.”

Laughing, you wrap your arms around his neck and kiss him. Hugging you around the waist, Mingyu smiles into your lips. Coming up for air, you can’t help but giggle at his adorable face. “You know you didn’t have to do this just to kiss me,” you tease.

Mingyu laughs and lets you go as you head over to the couch. As you’re walking, you continue to gaze at what your boyfriend’s so meticulously done to the ceiling. “I thought it would give me a good excuse!” he exclaims.

Throwing your backpack to the ground, you plop onto the couch as Mingyu goes to the kitchen and makes you that coffee. “You loving me isn’t excuse enough?” you ask.

With a smile, he replies, “That one gets a little old.”

You chuckle as you stare up at all the mistletoe. “This is really something, baby,” you say. “I wouldn’t want to get caught under this with somebody else.”

“It was a lot of work,” Mingyu admits. “But it was worth it to freak out the others.”

You’re about to ask him how they freaked out, but Woozi quickly answers that question. “I am not going out there!” Woozi screams from the bedroom.

You and Mingyu laugh as Seungcheol comes into the living room. Staying far away from you and keeping by the door, he crosses his arms and chuckles, “He refuses to come to the living room.”

“Come on, Jihoon!” Mingyu playfully cries. “We all just want to give you a kiss!”

“Nope!” Woozi shouts back, never coming into view. “I don’t need anymore kisses from you guys!”

Laughing you watch as Seungcheol goes back into the room and argues, “But it’s Christmas!”

“I DON’T CARE!”

Still laughing your head off, you turn to your boyfriend and say, “He has to come out eventually.”

“That’s the plan,” he says with a wink.

Always enjoying your time with Mingyu, you open your mouth to ask him more about this little project, when someone comes running to the living room.

“(Y/N)! Is that you?” Vernon calls out as he rushes into the room.

“Hey Vernon,” you say with a wave.

Turning to find you, Vernon doesn’t notice anything hanging overhead. He has a big smile on his face as he plops down and shows you his phone. “Ah, I thought I heard you come in! Look, I finally got that app you told me about!”

But you all you can pay attention to are Mingyu’s crazy eyes as he stares over at where Vernon’s sat down. With a slight chuckle, you point up and say, “Uhh, Vernon…”

Confused, he follows your finger. “What?” When his head’s tilted back enough, Vernon’s eyes go wide as he sees all the mistletoe. Stunned and flustered, he immediately looks back at you and has a small mental breakdown. Waving his hands in front of him, he panickingly shouts, “(Y/N)! I DIDN’T—I’M SORRY—I—THAT—MINGYU—WHAT I—”

But as you clutch your stomach and burst into laughter, Mingyu comes over from the kitchen and menacingly stands over the poor, frazzled Vernon. Turning his attention to your boyfriend, Vernon shakes his head and yells, “HYUNG! I DIDN’T MEAN TO—I WAS JUST—THIS COOL APP—I DIDN’T—”

But Mingyu doesn’t let him blabber on for long. Bending down to his eye level, he calmly says, “Vernon.”

Vernon finally takes a second to breathe, still incredibly nervous for what’s next. “Yeah?”

With a slight chuckle, Mingyu smiles and leans in, planting a small kiss on ’s forehead. “Merry Christmas.”

You cannot stop yourself from cracking up as Vernon gives a sigh of relief. “Yeah, merry Christmas.”

Patting Vernon’s face, Mingyu still wears a smile as he says, “Now move.” And with that, he takes Vernon by the shoulder and shoves him onto the floor.

Pleased to just be out of that situation, Vernon scrambles to his feet and runs from the room, “Merry Christmas you two!”

Wiping away your tears, you watch as your boyfriend sits down beside you. “Baby, you didn’t have to shove him!”

Laughing with you, Mingyu says, “He didn’t have to sit in this spot!” Wrapping his arm around you, he holds you tight and kisses you on the lips, way more passionately than he did to Vernon. Smiling through it all, he looks into your eyes and says, “But that’s what happens when you’re under mistletoe.”


again hope you guys liked that!!! XD mingyu’s just the biggest most lovable dork and i just cant sometimes <3 happy holidays and more mingyu to come!