Wonwoo - A Kite for Sore Eyes

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

this one had me feelin all tingly XD hope you guys like it!! agh wonwoo agh ok just read ignore me agh thanks for reading <3

Word count: 767

Genre: Fluff

Characters: You, Wonwoo, Chan, Joshua

 

“Ahh, baby!” Wonwoo screams as he falls onto the picnic blanket. Staring up at you as you come around to sit next to him, he says, “This is great.”

Hugging your legs, you look around at the beautiful park and let out some air. Handing him his book, you smile and say, “It really is.”

“(Y/N), we should go on picnics way more often,” he says, as he gleefully opens his book.

Seeing him now, you swear you could watch him read forever. It’s truly one of your favorite pass times. Leaning down, you kiss him gently on the lips. “Yeah, we should.”

Wonwoo’s glowing as he enjoys this perfect afternoon with you. Well, nearly perfect.

“Look out!” Chan yells as he runs across the picnic blanket, trying to control his kite and disrupting the peace as well as Wonwoo’s calm demeanor.

“YAH!” Wonwoo screams and sits up as Chan scampers away. “Don’t come trampling over everything like that!”

You can’t help but chuckle as Joshua jobs over. “Sorry guys! Chan’s just having a really hard time getting control over this kite.”

Wonwoo sighs and lays back down. “When did you guys get a kite anyway?”

“Chan’s mom sent it to him and he’s been dying to try it out,” Joshua explains.

“I’m getting the hang of it!” Chan yells from a few feet away.

“Good job, Chan!” you holler to him as you lay down next to Wonwoo. Staring up at Chan’s bright yellow kite, you can’t help but smile. “Baby, you have to admit. That kite’s really pretty.”

Wonwoo sighs again, unable to get back into his book for the time being. But he stares up with you at the kite that flies further and further into the sky. Swaying with the wind, there’s something incredibly calming about the way it moves. Wonwoo smiles and turns to you. “Baby, I could lay here with you forever.”

You face him and smile at his cute face. Brushing his cheek with your hand, you gaze into his adorable eyes. “Let’s do that then.”

Wonwoo grins from ear to ear. “Come here,” he whispers as he wraps his arm around you, one over your body and the other supporting your neck. Inching closer, he lessens the gap between you two, placing his forehead against yours. Closing his eyes, he lets the gentle touch of his skin make you feel everything his heart’s prepared to tell you. The afternoon breeze makes this intimate moment even more refreshing. “I love you so much, my dear,” Wonwoo says, his breath dancing against your nose.

Feeling that romantic drowsiness take you over, you close your eyes and cuddle closer to his chest. “I love you too, Wonwoo.”

You can feel his smile against your cheek as the sun and stars move around you two. If it were truly up to you, you would spend an entirety in his arms. “Baby,” he whispers.

“Yeah,” you gently say back.

“Never leave me,” he says through his heavy breath.

Smiling, you don’t need to open your eyes to find his lips. Kissing him softly over and over again, you wait until you have to come up for air to whisper, “I would never leave you.”

So in love with you, Wonwoo reaches over and intertwines his fingers with yours. Holding you close, he doesn’t need anymore words to describe just how much he feels for you. For that moment, you two nearly fall asleep on that picnic blanket in the middle of the field. Unfortunately, you’re not the only ones out there.

“HEADS UP!”

Your eyes shoot open but neither of you move quickly enough. Immediately as you open your eyes, you see Chan’s bright yellow kite come crashing right into Wonwoo’s stomach.

“AGGGGGGHHHHHHH!” Wonwoo grunts, hunched inward as he clutches his god. “Oh my god, Chan!” he screams, clearly having had the wind knocked out of him.

You sit up straight and quickly go to rub your boyfriend’s stomach, but you can’t help but laugh. “Oh my god, baby, are you okay?!” you ask through your cries of amusement.

“Owwwwwww,” he whines, rocking back and forth.

Chan and Joshua run over, Chan screaming, “HYUNG! I’M SO SORRY! ARE YOU ALRIGHT!”

Pausing his pain, Wonwoo holds his stomach and says, “No, I’m not al-kite!”

Somehow that makes you laugh even harder. And as you’re bent over, trying to control your tears of joy, Wonwoo has this incredibly pleased grin, so happy that he’s found someone who appreciates his lame jokes.

But Joshua just stands over you two and shakes is head. “I hate you.”


if yall havent noticed i like puns XD and i feel like this is the exact level of lame that wonwoo’s jokes are <3 one more wonwoo coming your way!! hope you enjoy! thanks for reading!