Wonwoo - Just a Fantasy

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

if youve noticed a pattern, the third fic i post every day is usually a more unique au so i really hope you guys like them! this was an idea i had a little while ago but please enjoy! happy wonwoo day!! 

Word count: 1462

Genre: Angst? (these ones are weird idk how to categorize them); AU where Wonwoo’s a writer

Characters: You, Wonwoo, Woozi, and some other mentions

Link: To masterpost that I’ll be updating for 13 Days of SEVENTEEN <3

 

“Yo, Wonwoo.”

Wonwoo typed a few more words to finish his thought before twisting around in his swivel chair. “Yeah.”

Jihoon scoffed and crossed his arms. Leaning against the door frame, he asked, “Have you been in here all day?”

Wonwoo yawned and stretched his arms over his head. “Yeah, why?”

“It’s 7:45.”

“Oh , really?” Wonwoo said as he adjusted his glasses and looked at the clock on his computer. It took a second for his eyes to focus after staring at the screen for so long. “Damn, I didn’t realize.”

“Of course you didn’t,” Jihoon said, flipping on the lights. Coming into his room, he dropped his body onto Wonwoo’s bed. Hugging his pillow, he asked, “How’s the story going?”

Nodding along, Wonwoo skimmed over some of his work. “It’s going,” he sighed as he took off his glasses, placed them on the desk, and rubbed his eye.

Jihoon chuckled. “How’s your girl?”

Just the reminder of her made Wonwoo smile. “She’s good.”

Wonwoo was a writer by all trades. His free time was spent in the darkness of his room with the company of his imagination. Posting his work online, Wonwoo loved to share what he could come up with. He would work on multiple stories at a time, but often he focused on his most popular piece titled, Because She was Her.

“Did you write a new chapter?”

“Trying to,” Wonwoo replied, brushing the hair out of his face.

“Well, hurry up. I wanna know what happens to (Y/N),” Jihoon eagerly said, rolling onto his back.

Always glad to have a friend who was so supportive of his writing, Wonwoo grinned at his screen and imagined the beautiful girl. “Me too.”

(Y/N) was the main character in this ongoing story and she was very well loved by Wonwoo’s readers. She was that character that people just couldn’t help falling in love with, and the same could be said for Wonwoo. Wonwoo made her years ago, when he first started writing. A waitress in his head, she was this beautiful girl with delicate eyes and a gentle smile. He had this picturesque image of her when it all began, but as the story continued, her mental presence grew even stronger. As he wrote, Wonwoo could see her laugh and hear the way she spoke. He could understand how she thought and the intricacies of her heart. And some would think, obviously he could do that. He created her. But it was more than that. Wonwoo didn’t just write her to be perfect, she just…became perfect.

Jihoon looked over at his lovestruck roommate and shook his head. Getting back up, he rubbed his shoulders. “Come on. Let’s go eat. You can tell me all about her there.”

“Right, right,” Wonwoo said as he closed his tabs and turned off his computer. Meeting Jihoon in the living room, he threw on his jacket. “So I’m planning on having (Y/N) run into Seungcheol again,” he said, discussing the upcoming events in his story.

“Awww, come on!” Jihoon whined as they left the apartment. Locking the door behind them, he said, “Is he gonna meet her at the restaurant?”

“That’s the plan.”

“Damnit! Why does Seungcheol keep showing up? He’s an .”

Wonwoo chuckled. “It’s part of the story! You can’t just have everything be happy all the time,” he explained.

Jihoon sighed as they walked down the stairs. “Yeah, but Seungcheol’s something else.”

“You just really don’t like him for some reason,” Wonwoo teased.

“Well, yeah,” Jihoon scoffed. “He keeps lying to every person he meets and he puts up this front like he’s the greatest guy in the world. And reading the comments on your story, I’m not the only one who thinks that.”

Pleased with such a reaction from his writing, Wonwoo said, “He’s just being protective.”

“Protective of who? Himself?” Jihoon scoffed as they walked out to the sidewalk.

This was Wonwoo’s first time whiffing in such fresh air, even if it was that of the rather smoggy city. “He’s Jisoo’s brother. All he wants is for him to be happy,” he said.

“Even at (Y/N)’s expense,” Jihoon said, disgruntled.

“Don’t worry, Jihoon,” Wonwoo said with a smile as he tossed his arm over his friend’s shoulder. “I always have (Y/N)’s best interest in mind.”

“That’s the only reason I can keep reading,” Jihoon laughed, patting him on the back. “I know you’ll do what’s best for her.”

As the two of them made their way down the street, Wonwoo could just feel his heart flutter as he thought of his fantasy girl. To a lot of people, it might’ve been insane to fall so hard in love with someone who…didn’t exist. But sometimes, a work of fiction hits you in a way that reality just can’t. And that’s how Wonwoo felt about her. He couldn’t help it. She was this beautiful fantasy that always clouded his mind, whether it was because he was thinking of what to do in the next chapter or just because he liked to picture her smile.

“Where do you want to eat?” Jihoon asked as the two of them were about to cross the street.

Still thinking about his girl, Wonwoo scanned around. Looking past all the people living their daily lives, he started to say, “Uhh, I don’t—”

But all of a sudden, his words left him.

Staring across the street, Wonwoo could see people of all shapes and sizes walk by, but in the maze of them all, he saw someone far too familiar for comfort. She wore a dark coat and a maroon, knit hat to keep her warm. She walked alone down the street parallel to Wonwoo, laughing to herself at something she must’ve been reading off her phone. Wonwoo couldn’t breathe as he stared at this girl he definitely knew. A girl with delicate eyes and a gentle smile. A girl who always clouded his mind. A girl…who was perfect.

“(Y/N),” he whispered under his breath.

“What?” Jihoon asked, pressing the crosswalk button again. “Wonwoo, I asked—”

But before either of them knew it, Wonwoo was sprinting across the street in the opposite direction.

“WONWOO!”

Wonwoo couldn’t hear anything. He was too busy running towards you.

After a long day at work, you were really excited to get home and just relax. For the past 14 hours, you worked a double shift at the restaurant and even had to call in your co-worker, Jisoo, to help you out. Your feet were killing you and you were just lucky to have brought your big black coat to cover your stained uniform. Taking in the fresh, night air, you were laughing over a meme your friend Hansol sent you. You were about to text him back, “That made my life” when…

“(Y/N)!” someone screamed.

Your head shot up and you looked all around, but none of the blank faces seemed to be calling you. Prepared to just keep walking, you heard it again.

“(Y/N)!!”

You were just about to turn back around, but somebody beat you to it. All of a sudden, this stranger grabbed you by the shoulders and frantically yelled, “(Y/N)! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?!”

Scared and confused, you stared into this stranger’s beading eyes. You tried to push him away, but he’s way to strong. Meeting his gaze, you could immediately see how panicked he looked. His eyes were clearly startled. “HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?! LET GO OF ME!”

But thankfully, somebody else came and tackled the stranger to the ground. “WONWOO! WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!” he screamed, the two of them on the ground. The clearly shorter boy turned back to see your scared expression. “I am so sorry! He’s not usually like this! You can just go!”

Trying to catch your breath, you nodded. “Thank you,” your quivering voice managed to say as you slowly backed away. Still shaking, you got one last look at the boy who somehow knew your name before completely disappearing into the crowd.

Jihoon waited until you were gone before he looked at Wonwoo. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!” he screamed, smacking him on the head. Glaring down at him, Jihoon was prepared to beat his friend to a pulp. “WHAT THE HELL, WONWOO?!”

But Wonwoo was too busy struggling to watch you walk away. Nothing was making sense and he was losing his grounds on reality. “(Y/N),” he whispered again, tasting some blood in his mouth. He really hit his jaw on the way down.

Jihoon shook him by the collar. “WHAT?!”

Wonwoo turned his head to Jihoon. His friend could see the fear in his eyes. Wonwoo had no idea what just happened.

“That was (Y/N).”


again, another one thats a little different but thank you as always for reading <3 ive seen a lot of what you guys say in the tags of these past fics and god it means so much to me thank you and happy holidays!! hope you enjoyed wonwoo day <3