Dino - Scary Movies

13 Days of SEVENTEEN

oh chan how you wreck us all <3

Request: (from anon on my tumblr; thank you so much for your request i really hope you like this <3) Where Dino and the reader watch a scary movie and the reader gets scared less

Word count: 1311

Genre: Fluff

Characters: You, Chan, and Jeonghan

 

“You ready?” Chan eagerly asks as he plops himself down next to you, a bucket of popcorn in his arms.

The lights are off, but you can clearly see his bright smile. But even though he’s incredibly cute, you wince. “No.”

Laughing at you, Chan pulls up your blanket to wrap the both of you. “Oh, don’t be such a chicken,” he teases.

“I can’t believe I agreed to this,” you say, crossing your arms and glaring at the TV screen.

But he finds you’re clearly scared behavior adorable. Hugging you tightly, he laughs and says, “It’s just a scary movie, (Y/N)! Don’t worry! I’ve got you!”

Hiding your face in his chest, you don’t even bother to watch him select the movie. “Just start it.”

He smiles and kisses you on the top of the head. “It’ll be fun. Don’t worry.”

Letting out a deep sigh, you finally manage to smile. Squirming out of his arms, you look up into his always sparkling eyes. “I hope you’re right.”

Meeting your lips, Chan gives a small peck before turning on the movie.

“What’s this called again?” you nervously ask.

“The Conjuring,” he excitedly replies. “Joshua told me good things about it.”

“Ughh, why couldn’t we watch when everyone was home? I think I’d be less scared,” you admit.

Offended by such a comment, Chan scoffs and holds you tighter. “Those fools aren’t gonna keep you any safer.”

You chuckle and look over at your brave boyfriend. “You know that’s not what I meant.”

“Even so,” he says, all full of pride, “they all won’t be home for a few hours. You’re safe here with me, okay baby?”

Smiling at his noble confidence, you kiss him on the cheek. “Okay, baby.”

As Chan starts the movie, you eat some of the popcorn and let him ease your nerves before anything truly scary happens. “Since when did you like scary movies, anyway?” you ask curiously.

Eating with you, Chan replies, “Since always.”

“Lies.”

Chan chuckles and shrugs. “Okay, fine. Joshua and Seungcheol started watching a lot of them and they’re fun. I wanted to do that with you.”

Pinching his cheek, you tease, “You’re so cute.”

He bats your hand away and pouts. “I’m not cute! Watch the movie, baby! It’s gonna get scary.”

You chuckle and let him protect you as the movie goes on. Slowly but surely, things start to pick up and you start to freak out. The only light in the room is from the screen, and from your boyfriend’s smile but that’s beside the point. You start to really lose it when the first creepy thing happens.

“Chan, I don’t think I can watch this,” you say, shielding your face in the blanket.

“Baby!” he laughs, watching you squirm deeper into his embrace. “It’s not even the bad part yet!”

“No,” you say, peaking from the top of the blanket. “This is pretty bad.” And just as Chan’s about to say something either mocking or comforting, a character on screen drops something and you immediately jump. “AHHHHH!”

Laughing his head off, Chan wraps you in his arms, rocking you back and forth. “(Y/N)! YOU’RE SO FUNNY!”

“THAT WASN’T FUNNY!” you argue, hugging him right back.

Watching the movie with you so close, Chan smiles from ear to ear. “I’VE GOT YOU! DON’T BE SCARED!”

“How are you not terrified right now?!” you scream into his chest.

You can feel it bounce up and down as he laughs. “It’s not even scary!”

But just then, you look and an incredibly terrifying face shows up. “AHHHHHHH!” you scream again, crawling even closer to your boyfriend.

There’s literally no space between the two of you and Chan could not be happier. your head, he calms you down, “Baby, I love you. It’s okay.”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“NOTHING EVEN HAPPENED!”

“BUT SOMETHING WILL!”

Losing it, Chan laughs every single time you scream for the next forty five minutes of the minutes. It’s an endless cycle of you getting scared less and him being incredibly amused. Every so often, you hit him in the gut to get him to stop teasing you, which makes him tease you even more. But eventually, the movie reaches a point where you notice that Chan’s bothering you a lot less. Lowering the blanket just a little, you look up to see his face. His jaw’s half open and his eyes have a look that you very easily recognize. The look of fear.

“You’re scared!” you immediately scream.

At that, Chan jolts and looks down at you. With a scoff, he argues, “Pshhh! No I’m not!”

But you can see the sweat start to build on his forehead as the scene of the little boy being possessed plays out. “Yes you are!”

Slowly Chan pulls the blanket up more to cover himself. “No, I’m not!”

You raise an eyebrow at him. “Then why’re you using more of the blanket?”

He looks down for a second then back at you as he slouches further into the couch. “Because…I’m cold.”

Looking at him suspiciously, you submit, “Fine.” Laying down on his chest, you let the blanket cover both of you. “I’ll keep you warm, scaredy cat.”

Even with the insult, he’s satisfied with that. Smiling, he cuddles with you and kisses the top of your head. “Thanks baby.”

“I love you,” you whisper.

“Mmm, I love you too.”

But just as you two get comfortable, there’s a horrible screech from the TV and you both lose it.

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” both of you scream at the top of your lungs.

And just as you’re about to catch your breath and recover…

“Guys.”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!”

You and Chan immediately turn to face the ominous figure standing in the dark in front of you. The TV’s flashing like crazy and this weird strobe effect makes the living room even scarier. Still screaming, you and Chan hold onto each other for dear life.

In the midst of your horrific yelling, the lights flick on.

“Guys.”

Slowly, the two of you lower your voices and turn to face the person who shortened your life by a good ten years. Chan shoots up and stares at the culprit with terrified eyes. “JEONGHAN!”

Rubbing his eyes, Jeonghan stands before you two in a t-shirt and boxers. “You guys are so loud,” he says groggily.

Shocked, you and Chan glance at each other before he asks, “What’re you doing home?!”

Yawning and stretching his arms over his head, Jeonghan makes his way over to sit next to you on the couch. “I didn’t go out with the others,” he tiredly explains. Reaching out for some popcorn, he says with his mouth full, “I took a nap instead, but you guys are so loud I decided to come and join you.”

Coming to terms with what’s going on, you chuckle and look at your boyfriend who’s still dumbfounded. Finally, he shakes his head and sighs. “Sorry about that, hyung.”

“It’s okay,” Jeonghan says, taking the popcorn from the table to hold the whole bucket in his arms. “But you guys sounded so scared, I thought you might need some protection.”

You burst out into laughter as Chan screams, “Yah! I can protect us just fine!”

Jeonghan gives him the side eye and scoffs. “Yeah, right.”

You chuckle and look up at your disgruntled boyfriend as he scrunches his nose. Leaning up, you kiss him on the cheek. “Don’t worry, Chan. I always feel safe with you.”

Grinning down at you, Chan quickly kisses you on the lips. “I hope so baby.”

And as you two get wrapped up in your embrace, Jeonghan looks over and smiles. “My baby has his own baby,” he chuckles under his breath.

But you both clearly hear it. With you laughing even louder, Chan reaches over and kicks Jeonghan on the leg. “Shut up!”


thank you again anon for the request!!! hope its what you asked for <3 thank you guys for reading and let the chan fest continue!