Chapter 23

I wish you in my dreams

 

You?! No way!

They look at each other and shout, “You?!!”

Mrs. Wu gave them a puzzled look, “Did you know each other already?”

Chun opens his mouth to speak but Gui gui butts it, “No, we don’t know each other, I was just surprise because a handsome guy like him will marry me?” as she sits beside her mother.

Chun just stares at her, “Why did she lied?” he thought.

His dad gazes at him, “Chun if you continue to stare at her, like that she will melt!” as he and both
family laugh.

Chun came back to reality and sit beside his dad.

Both families just talks about their lives and about Chun and Gui gui’s wedding.

Gui gui feels that he was staring at her, as she looks to Chun he still looking at her, “Mr. Wu is there anything you want to say to me?”

Both families stop talking and look to Chun.

Chun just look at them, “Well, we don’t really know each other yet right, Why not we should introduce ourselves first.” As he smirks.

Gui gui nods and gave him a sweet smile, “I’m Gui gui, I think if we will get married we will be a happy couple.”

Chun knots his brow, “You really think of that? What if I tell you I love someone else? Will you give up this arrange marriage?”

She just look at him intently, “No, I will not give up, even though I may hurt someone still I will continue this.”

“You still continue this even if you love someone too?”

Both families feel the intensity of their conversation, Chun’s dad decided to stop it.

“Chun! Stop this nonsense. Both of you will be married 3 days from now; I think you should change your attitude now.”

Chun gazes at his father and stands up from his seat.

His father stands up and whispers to his ear, “Don’t tell me you will back out. You know our deal son; your girlfriend may hurt if you will decide to leave now.”

Chun stares back to his father, “I need an air, as I promise you, I will not back out.” As he continue to leave them.

Gui gui’s family was bothered, “Is the marriage will not go on?”

Chun’s mother smiles at them, “Of course not, this marriage will continue, our son is just tired because of his flight.”

Gui gui stands up and excused herself to go to the restroom again.

She went all over the hotel but she didn’t see him.

“Where is he?” suddenly someone grasp her hand and pulls her in the car.

“Let me go!” as she tries to freed herself.

“No! We should talk now. You must explain this.” As he starts his engine.

“Chun, I will explain what is happening right now, but this is not the right time!”

“Then what is the right time Gui? After our marriage? We know for ourselves that we love someone else! You love Aaron and I love Ella!”

“Chun, you can’t understand! There is a reason behind this.” as she shouts at him.

“Then let me understand Gui gui! You know I’ve hurt Ella indirectly because of this stupid MARRIAGE! Don’t you think you may hurt Aaron if he knows this?” as he shouts back.

“It’s okay Chun, you will learn to love me….and Aaron… He will not react on this, maybe he will be happy for me at least he can have Ella, now that you and me are getting married.” as she looks at the window.

“Gui…This is so unlike you…Tell me the reason behind this, don’t be afraid I’ll help you.”

She gazes at him and nods, not wanting to speak anymore because if she will speak her tears will drop anytime now.

******

“Honey, what’s wrong to Chun? Why did he leave like that.” As she whispers to his husband.

“Genie, like what you said he is just tired, so he is not in the mood right now.”

“Really? I think you are hiding from me? You and I know that Chun is so stubborn when we do arrange marriage. How can you manipulate his mind huh?”

“I don’t hide anything from you honey, maybe Chun decides to be submissive now right. You know that peoples change.” As he smiles at her.

Genie just studying his husband, “If I will know that something is fishy around here, I will Divorce you, remember that!”

Edison gulps his own saliva and nods to her wife.

Suddenly Gui gui’s parents interrupted them.

“Excuse me to cut you arguments, but my daughter isn’t coming yet, we’ve been waiting for her for hours!” as Gui gui’s mother became worried.

“Hmm…I think your right, maybe they elope already!” as Genie chuckles.

“But isn’t too early if they elope? They know that in 3 days they will marry each other why would they elope?”

“Of course I’m joking! Wait I’ll call my son, if he knows where Gui gui is.” As she pick up her phone to dials Chun’s number.

Chun picks up the phone, “Why did you call mom?”

“Did you know where Gui gui is?”

“Yes mom, she’s in my condominium right now.”

“What! For goodness sake! Please hold back Chun! Your wedding is 3 days from now, after that you can do that!” as his mother shouts at him.

Chun knots his brow, “Mom! Don’t think any green!!! I and
she were just talking to know each other more! Not that thing!” as he hangs up the phone.

“Chun don’t be defensive I’m just thinking other options…. Hello Son? Are you still there?” but no answers.

His mother sighs and looks back to the bride’s parents, “Your daughter is safe, she’s with my son don’t worry. Let’s go back home now.”

“But what about my daughter?”

“As I said don’t worry to her, she’s grown up .”

Both family went to their separates ways after went out to the hotel.

*****

“Gui, can you tell me now what’s your reason behind this?” as he walks around her.

“Chun, can you stop encircling around me! It feels like I’m a criminal!”

He stops his walking and sits down in front of her.

“That’s better!” as she let out a heavy sigh.

“Ok, I’ll start now… Well, my family needs money because our company is bankrupt, so your family offers to help us but the exchange is we will have arranged marriage. I know that already before I went to Taiwan for Aaron.”

“Oh…I think I have a plan now.” As Chun smirk.

“And what is that Chun?”

“What if we just play along with them, but in the end you will not marry me.”

“Huh? I don’t get it.” As she pouts.

“Just stay with me and you will marry Aaron and I will marry Ella.”

“How would you do that?” as she raise her brow.

“It’s my secret for now, let’s just play along with them okay?” as he extends his hand to her.

Gui gui didn’t know if she will accept it, because she knows that this can affect their family.

“Hey, don’t you trust me? Your family’s company will revive soon. I promise that.”

She nods and accepts the offer, “Chun, I trust you.”

********

As they went out on the condominium, they were surprise because many reporters and cameras were flashing at them.

“Is it really true, that the Wu’s corporation will join them?” as the reporter no. 1 ask.

“Are you both getting married?” ask by the reporter 2.

Gui gui holds Chun’s hand tightly, “Chun, this is so unexpected what should we do now?” as she whispers.

Chun looks at her and smiles, “To all of you, yes we our getting married 3 days from now, it is also true that the Wu’s corporation will join my fiancé’s company.”

“Why is there a sudden marriage? And I think that you really not a couple.” As the reporter 3 said.

“Really? Don’t we look like a couple now?” as Chun cups Gui gui’s face and leans his head to her.

“Chun, don’t tell me you will kiss me in front of this media!” as she whispers.

“Of course not! I will kiss you in the cheeks only, we will just fake it.” As he whispers and slowly leans his head.

Camera were flashing at them, the reporters were now in riot. Suddenly a reporter bumps Chun.

Chun accidentally kiss her, they didn’t know that is also televise all over the world.

******

Aaron was calling Ella’s mobile for several times but she didn’t answer.

Suddenly the door opens, and it was Ella with swollen and reddened eyes.

“Ella, are you okay? Did you have sore eyes?” as he covers his eyes.

Ella didn’t say anything; she just sits beside him and sighs.

“Wei, Earth to Ella!” as he shakes her.

She gaze at him and said, “Chun gave this letter to me and inside of it there’s a picture of a girl kissing him.” As tears drops on her eyes.

He instantly looks at it, “This is not Chun’s handwriting, this is not him but… this picture…Maybe he is drunk or I don’t know.”

“But…If he is not that, why did he leave without telling me? I don’t want to believe that he doesn’t love me but… why I feel it’s true about his marriage?”

Aaron hugs and comfort her, “Ella, don’t cry… I know Chun since childhood I know he will not do this; He loves you more than my love for you. He competes me to fight for your love.”

“Compete? Do you think I’m a game!” as she shouts.

“No, Ella… Don’t think of that, we compete because of our love for you, I love you Ella before but Chun loves you too that’s why we fight for it. And now I know for myself that he loves you truly.”

Ella shook her head and look up to the T.V., she saw a familiar person.

“Chun? Gui gui?”

Aaron also looks at where she looking at, “Don’t tell me... That marriage is true….”