002. Budding Buddies.

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 002. }
Budding buddies.

- Lee Seokmin's P.O.V -

It's funny how I am always awake during lessons ever since the new seating arrangement was implemented.

It's like Yuna just radiates energy to help me stay awake. Through my peripheral vision, Yuna is always sitting up straight, her eyes focused on the blackboard and the visualiser.

Occasionally, I would take glances at her. Especially when the sun is shining through the window. This might sound weird but when the sun shines through the window onto her face, she literally glows like an angel.

But that's not the main point. The main point is that she can help me to stay focused in class.

When class ended and we were packing our stuff, I turned to Yuna.

"Yuna,"

She turned and looked at me.

"Do you want to study together this evening? At the library?" I asked her. Yuna seemed to be slightly taken aback as she paused and blinked her eyes.

"Sure! But I think it's best if we don't let our members know. They'll tease us." Yuna said and laughed.

"You're right!" I told her as we made our way out of class together. "My members even asked me about you already, the day we got our new sitting arrangement." I continued.

"Same here, but I think your members had more deeper thoughts about me and you," Yuna said, "judging by how they were looking at you." Yuna clarified and I nodded again, my face heating up slightly.

We continued making small talk as we made our way down the hallway.

- Narrator's P.O.V -

Wonwoo and Yerin walked out of their classroom together. Soonyoung, Jihoon and Jun were not there as they had a dance workshop and were excused from class.

Wonwoo and Yerin were discussing about their academic homework and their performing homework but Wonwoo stopped short when he saw Yuna metres away. Yuna and Seokmin were still talking and walking and the two hadn't realise Yerin and Wonwoo walking behind them.

"Wonwoo?" Yerin called his name and when she didn't get a response, she followed his gaze.

"Ahh...it's Yuna! Oh, I'm guessing that's Seokmin-ssi." Yerin said and Wonwoo nodded slightly.

"Yuna-ssi is a year younger than us right?" Wonwoo asked and Yerin nodded. "Even though she's younger than me, she's like a mother, taking care of our 98 liners." Yerin said with a smile.

Wonwoo smiled before saying, "Seokmin is such an opposite of her. He plays with the 98 liners and Soonyoung."

"It must be fun having them around!" Yerin said and he nodded, "But they are annoying sometimes." Wonwoo told her.

"Is Yuna quiet?" Wonwoo asked again and Yerin shook her head slowly before  saying, "You have no idea how noisy she can be!"

"When the music starts, she can go crazy." Yerin said, remembering their dance sessions.

"You guys should sit it our practices one day and you'll see what I mean." Yerin said and Wonwoo nodded. "That would be nice."

'Is Wonwoo interested in Yuna? This is the first time I'm hearing him ask about her...' Yerin thought helplessly as she watched Wonwoo's gaze still on Yuna.

'I don't think he has looked at me, or even other girls, they way he is looking at Yuna.' Yerin thought as her smile faded unknowingly.

----------

It was after lunch and GFriend were gathered in the dance studio, warming up and practicing some of their choreography from 'Glass bead' and some other songs. 

"Let's choreograph a new song!" Hwang Eunbi said and the others chose a song and they started piecing some steps together. Once they had finished choreographing the dance, Sojung challenged them to dance the new choreography and their 'Glass bead' choreography.

"This is hard!" Yuna, who was slightly slower at choreography (but still good at dancing), cried out.

"Yuna, you're doing well!" Yerin said as the music continued on and they continued dancing the new choreography they had just came up with.

Once the music ended, Yuna, Yewon and Jung Eunbi collapsed but 'Glass bead' had just came on. "I forgot we still had 'Glass bead' after that!" Yewon panted as she quickly stood up and helped her older members up before rushing to her position.

Once they were done, Sojung gave them a break and they lied on the floor.

"GFriend! I have some good news! We are the female runner up of 'The Most Promising Favourite Group'!" Sojung announced and the other 5 members sat up immediately.

"Really?" They all cried excitedly and they started jumping and cheering round. Hwang Eunbi and Yewon were rolling around on the floor.

"Who's the male runner up?" Yewon asked and Sojung told them excitedly, "Seventeen!"

"MANSAE!" The other 5 cheered for Seventeen, who 'debuted' in the same year as them.

"We'll be greatly associated with them, so we have to be on good terms with them!" Sojung continued.

Seungcheol was doing the same during their practice, just as Sojung and Seungcheol had planned.

"Sojung, I received a letter from the school and they've asked me to do a photoshoot with them." Hwang Eunbi asked and Sojung and Yerin patted the younger girl's back. "Good job, Hwang Eunbi!"

"We've been telling you how pretty you are and even the school recognises it too!" Jung Eunbi said and Hwang Eunbi laughed. "I don't really care about how I look but if they want my face, they can have it." Hwang Eunbi made a funny face, crossing her eyes, widening and pushing her chin, forming a double chin.

The GFriend members bursted out laughing at her face and Hwang Eunbi also laughed along.

They were done practicing for the day and closed the dance studio. Timely enough, Seventeen also ended their practice in the room beside theirs.

"Good evening!" The two groups exchanged bows and greetings. "We should go home together!" Yerin suggested and Seungcheol and Sojung agreed.

"Yes, you guys should go to the foyer to wait for us. I need to pass the keys back to the office." Seungcheol said and Sojung nodded, saying "Me too!"

Seungcheol and Sojung headed for the office, the distanc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter