014. Is Fall Arriving?

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 014. }
Is Fall Arriving?

- Narrator's P.O.V -

Wonwoo, Yerin and Soonyoung headed back to the cafeteria for lunch after Soonyoung and Yerin found Wonwoo.

As they walked back, Yerin and Soonyoung noticed Wonwoo deep in thoughts. They decided not to bother him and Yerin suddenly turned to Soonyoung, "Soonyoung, you are more quiet these days."

Soonyoung turned to Yerin and laughed slightly. "Ahh, it's nothing. it's just that I'm a bit tired."

Wonwoo, turned to the two of them before saying, "He works hard for our choreography." Wonwoo walked to Soonyoung and massaged his neck. Soonyoung smiles and Yerin nods.

"You did well, Kwon Soonyoung!" Yerin and Wonwoo said at the same time and Yerin and Wonwoo were shocked at how in unison they were.

"That was as if you two rehearsed!" Soonyoung said, equally shocked. Yerin and Wonwoo exchanged glances before smiling and nodding their heads.

The 98 liners of Seventeen and GFriend, Junghan, Jisoo and Chan were chilling at the cafeteria waiting for their practice to start.

Seungkwan and SinB nodded at each other before turning to Hansol and Yewon. "Hansol, Yewon ah, how is your assignment coming along?"

"Our assignment?" Hansol and Yewon echoed together. "We are doing great!" Yewon replied.

"We actually submitted our assingment already." Hansol added, causing SinB's and Seungkwan's jaw to drop.

"How did you guys find time to do it?" Seungkwan asked as Jisoo tried to close his jaw but Seungkwan swatted his hand away.

"We had plenty of time." Hansol told Seungkwan and SinB, who exchanged looks.

"You guys had all sort of activities." Yewon continued. "While waiting for you guys in the library, we did the assignment." Hansol finished.

"So what other things did you guys do?" Jisoo cheekily directed to Hansol and Yewon in English. They clearly understood what he was trying to imply and they said nothing but looked away, hoping none of them see the blush they felt was about to form.

The others at the table looked at Jisoo, wondering what he said to them but Jisoo was in his own world, clearly enjoying the reaction he received from Hansol and Yewon.

---------

GFriend and Seventeen were in the practice room practicing with the new music Jihoon just arranged and were trying to find the highlights and accents of the sound.

As they took a water break, their dance instructors walked into the room. Seventeen and GFriend bowed and politely greeted their dance instructors.

Sojung looked at the dance instructors walking in and panicked. 'Why are they here? They aren't scheduled to come today!' Sojung thought nervously.

Sojung turned and met Seungcheol, who read her panicked expression. She took a deep breath before erasing the worry lines of her face. She made sure her members didn't see her panic and instead, tried to reassure her members. 

"You guys have been working hard!" GFriend's instructor said and Seventeen's instructor nodded. "We heard quite a bit from the Artistic director. We'll tell you honestly, we have high hopes now!"

GFriend and Seventeen didn't say anything but on the inside, they were freaking out. "We'll work hard!" They cried out in response. The dance instructors nodded their heads like proud parents.

As they made their way to the positions to start, GFriend's instructor said, "I heard you guys have partner work."

They all nodded. Soonyoung told the dance instructor and coordinator the pairings. The dance instructors exchanged glances and did some gestures. The Seventeen and GFriend members tried to relax.

"You guys are all friends right?" Seventeen's instructor asked. All of the Seventeen and GFriend members looked at each other before replying in unison, "Of course!" with gusto.

"Then..."  GFriend's instructor started and this caused their hearts to beat faster. "Let's switch partners!" Seventeen's instructor finished.

Seventeen and GFriend froze and looked at the instructors. "Switch partners?" Soonyoung repeated and Eunha glanced at Soonyoung with some nervousness.

The instructors nodded their heads. "I'll help them pair, it's easier to know six new names than thirteen new names." Seventeen's instructor told GFriend's instructor.

"Let's do it together!" GFriend's instructor whined slightly. Seventeen's instructor ignored her jokingly and started assigning the new pairs.

"Mingyu and..." The Seventeen instructor started and GFriend's instructor answered, "Jung Eun Bi!"

Mingyu and Eunha stepped forward and Seventeen and GFriend had to stop themselves from laughing after seeing them stand side by side. Eunha and Mingyu were secretly grateful since they were classmates.

"Jeonghan and...Hwang Eun Bi!" The two instructors said and they stepped forward.

"Junhui and Yerin!" 

"Yuna and Soonyoung!" As soon as their names were called, Seventeen and GFriend had to control their laughters again. Yuna and Soonyoung put together only reminded them of their crazy dance battle.

"Sojung and Seokmin!" Sojung and Seokmin were called only to realise they are the only noona-dongsaeng pair.

"Yewon and..." GFriend's instructor started and Seventeen's instructor said "Jihoon"

Jihoon's face immediately paled and he shook his hand out wildly, those that weren't choosen laughed out at his reaction. "You didn't call out the name I wanted." GFriend's dance instructor glared at Seventeen's instructor.

"Fine, I will spare you Lee Jihoon. Minghao!" Seventeen's instructor laughed at Jihoon's reaction. "I just wanted to see Jihoon's reaction."

"There are reasons why we want you guys to switch partners. Firstly, when you guys debut officially in the industry, you may not have the benefit to choose your partner." GFriend's instructor started explaining.

"Secondly, we are trying to train your professionalism." Seventeen's instructor continued.

Seventeen and GFriend nodded their heads, understanding the rationale behind this practice.

"Those Seventeen members who are partnerless now, you'll dance the choreography of the member that is dancing with your partner." The Seventeen members jaw dropped. They tried to calm themselves down.

Seventeen and GFriend showed the two instructors their performance piece with the temporary change. The tried their best to be professional and enjoy themselves.

When they ended their final pose, the two instructors clapped their hands and stood up from their seats

"Before we comment on our little practice today, I want to say, GOOD JOB, SOONYOUNG!" Seventeen's instructor praised Seventeen's resident choreographer.

Seventeen and GFriend also clapped for Soonyoung. Soonyoung became flustered before directing his arms to Eunha. "Jung Eunha also helped in this choreography too!"

"Don't listen to him. He did all the work!" Eunha praised him further, giving him an encouraging smile.

"You guys did well for this practice. We could see you guys trying to be as professional and adaptable as you can be. You guys are not bad!" GFriend's dance instructor complimented and they thanked her for the compliment.

"Now we'll have another go, this time with your orignal partner." Seventeen's instructor looked at GFriend's instruct

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter