023. Can You Feel It?

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 023. }
Can You Feel It?

- Narrator's P.O.V -

SinB looked at the text message that just came in. She looked at it intently before standing up. 

SinB took her bag and started walking away from the studying bench she was at.

'Director's office... what could it be?' SinB thought as she made her way to the director's office.

'The photoshoot results? Then Mingyu must be on his way too...' SinB continued to ponder.

SinB was walking down the stairs and as she got off the last step, she accidentally collided into someone.

SinB was jolted from her thoughts and was ready to snap at the collider.

Before a 'yah, watch where you are going' could leave her lips, She heard someone calling her name.

SinB looked at the collider's face and blinked.

"Oh Mingyu ah,". SinB said and her irritation immediately subsided, which was odd for SinB.

"Sorry SinB, I was looking at my phone so I didn't see you." Mingyu said and apologised.

SinB looked at him before hitting his arm with a fist. "I was so shocked, you know?"

Mingyu laughed and SinB smiled.

"Where are you headed? I'm headed to the Director's office." Mingyu said and SinB nodded, "I'm going there too!"

"Then it's probably that." Mingyu said and SinB nodded.

Soon they were seated in front of the Director, who was delighted to see them.

As soon as they settled down, the director handed them a big envelope. "It was just sent in! We don't know the results."

The envelope was sealed up and SinB and Mingyu opened it together. They started emptying the contents: 3 photo sets from the latest shoot, 2 photobooks from the whole competition process and a few sheets of printed paper.

Mingyu and SinB scanned for the paper with the results. They held their breaths as they read it together. SinB's hand was on Mingyu's wrist as they read the paper Mingyu was holding.

The director also held his breath and looking at them.

"We won." Mingyu said out as he and SinB exchanged glances.

"Tied alongside Taeyong and Seulgi.." SinB said and the Artistic Director was rejoicing to no end. 

"Congratulations, Mingyu and Eunbi! You two did very well!" The artistic director wished and SinB and Mingyu heaved sighs of relief.

The Artistic Director handed a letter of consent to make sure they were fine having their photos used.

SinB and Mingyu signed it immediately. They continued to hold in their emotions and it finally crossed the limit once they were out of the office.

"WE WON!!" Mingyu and SinB said and jumped around. Mingyu causally hugged SinB and she too hugged back.

"All those awkward times were not in vain!" SinB said as they made their way down the hallway. Mingyu nodded happily.

"SinB ya,"

"Yes, Mingyu?"

Mingyu turned to SinB, "Thank you once again, for being a really great person to work with. I wouldn't change a thing or choose anyone else if I had to do it all over."

SinB smiled and gratefully replied, "Me too. I enjoyed every single bit."

Mingyu was going to continue but they could hear their names distinctively called across the hallway.

SinB and Mingyu turned to see Yuna and Seokmin, along with their classmates Jaehyun and Chaeyeon.

Seokmin's eyes were quick to spot the envelope and the moment they were in speaking distance, Seokmin pointed to the envelope.

"How are the results?" Seokmin asked and SinB and Mingyu blinked.

The exchanged glances before SinB told the 4 of them. 

"We got first, alongside Taeyong and Seulgi!" SinB said and Seokmin and Yuna were stunned. Mingyu and SinB then exchanged smiles.

"Oh my, SinB ah!" Yuna said and gave SinB and hug. Seokmin congratulated Mingyu and also gave him a hug.

"Wah, congratulations!" Chaeyeon and Jaehyun congratulated and Mingyu and SinB thanked them.

"Are those the photos?" Seokmin pointed to the envelope in Mingyu's hand and Mingyu nodded, taking the book out.

"Actually we haven't seen it too" SinB chimed in as Seokmin and Yuna flipped the book. Jaehyun and Chaeyeon were also looking at the pictures.

"Wow, this is awesome..." Yuna couldn't stop praising as the pages were being flipped.

When Seokmin flipped to the floor scene, Seokmin shrieked and Yuna covered . Chaeyeon and Jaehyun were also shocked.

"Yah Lee Seokmin!" Mingyu hit Seokmin for giving a shriek. SinB looked at the amount of people who stared and turned away immediately.

"They made you two do that?" Yuna asked and SinB nodded. "We had to be professional." 

"Oh yes, apparently, the Artistic Director wants to find another couple for the next photoshoot." Mingyu said and Yuna and Seokmin looked up.

"We know a couple for you." Yuna said to Mingyu and SinB with a straight face.

"Oh right! Wonwoo and Yerin will make-" Mingyu started but Seokmin cut him off.

"We have another pair in mind." Seokmin said. Chaeyeon and Jaehyun were casually listening behind Seokmin and Yuna.

"Who?" SinB and Mingyu had the exact same look of curiousity and exchanged glances. 

Yuna and Seokmin stepped aside to fully reveal Chaeyeon and Jaehyun.

'Woah, Yuna and Seokmin's chemistry is no joke.' SinB's mind was clearly focused on Seokmin and Yuna but she quickly diverted her attention to Chaeyeon and Jaehyun.

'What is this telepathy or sorcery?' Mingyu thought as he noticed that Yuna and Seokmin didn't even exchanged whispers or murmurs.

Mingyu and SinB quickled scanned Chaeyeon and Jaehyun.

"Woah! You two have really good proportions!" Mingyu complimented and SinB agreed.

"The more I look at them, I think they will suit the director's taste." SinB said and Mingyu continued to look at them.

"Let's go tell the Artistic Director now!" Mingyu said, took the photobooks out of Seokmin and Yuna's hands and held SinB's wrist, pulling her along.

Jaehyun and Chaeyeon were still stunned. "Seokmin, what was that for?"

"For you two to have a cosy date. Bye!" Seokmin said, tapping Yuna. Seokmin and Yuna took off, laughing to themselves.

"Can't believe they think we'll be a couple." Jaehyun said and Chaeyeon laughed as well

Jaehyun then paused and looked at Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon stopped laughing and looked at Jaehyun with her big eyes. Jaehyun thought he could get lost in her eyes for a moment but he looked away to break that thought.

Jaehyun casually slung his arm around her shoulder before saying in a low voice.

"But Seokmin and Yuna are right, we do look great together."

Chaeyeon tilted her head up to look at him. She then nodded her head before speaking.

"Fair point, Jung Jaehyun." Jaehyun had a gleeful look upon hearing her words.

"But that doesn't mean anything." Chaeyeon said cheekily and push his forehead and walked away.

Jaehyun wasn't amused but thought, 'She knows how to play hard to get and flirt. But that's fine, two can play that game.'

"Yah, Jung Chaeyeon!" Jaehyun called out and walked to her.

Yuna and Seokmin stopped running and looked at each other. They bursted into laughter.

"We're like middle-school kids but their reaction was priceless." Yuna said as they tried to get a hold of themselves.

Seokmin nodded and looked at Yuna's smiling face. 'It is in the simplest things that can bring joy...' Seokmin thought as Yuna tried to tame her bangs that was sticking out everywhere after running.

'How does she even manage to look charming doing simple things like adjusting her bangs?' Seokmin thought. Seokmin's eyes widened at how he was thinking about such a thing in front of her.

Seokmin slapped his face and Yuna jumped. "Seokmin, why did you hit yourself?" Yuna asked, concerned as Seokmin had unknowingly hit himself hard.

"Eh?" Seokmin was caught off-guard and his mind went blank.

"Oh, erm, ah, I was slee- I mean, I was trying to remind myself I needed to do something later." Seokmin stuttered slightly. Yuna wasn't convinced but she laughed.

"Don't hit yourself too hard, please." Yuna said and Seokmin nodded. 

Meanwhile, SinB and Mingyu were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter