003. Introductions and Encounters.

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 003.}
Introductions and Encounters.

- Narrator's P.O.V -

Junhui, Soonyoung, Wonwoo, Yerin and Jihoon, the 96-liners, sat around a wooden bench as they waited for time to pass.

"How much more time do we have until class starts?" Soonyoung said as he gave a bored yawn. Junhui, who had his hands pressed against his cheeks, replied Soonyoung, "2 more hours."

Their teacher had suddenly cancelled their class and they had 2 free periods. Some of their other classmates left the school for breakfast, some were studying and some were practicing. Yerin was staring into space, Jihoon was almost asleep, Wonwoo kept looking all around, trying to find something to entertain him.

Yerin blinked as she thought of a way to entertain them.

"Hey friends, since our two groups have been interacting more, who do you think interests you most in GFriend" Yerin asked as 4 faces turned to her.

They pondered for a while and Junhui went first.

"I think it will be the 98-liners of your group." Junhui said and Yerin went "Ah! Hwang Eun Bi and Kim Yewon! Why do they interest you?"

"The visual seems cold and unfriendly but she's so open, I never expected that. She's pretty too." Junhui reasoned and the others nodded their head.

"As for the other 98-liner, she seems like to know a lot of things about people...so she's kinda mysterious." Junhui reasoned. 'Woah how does he know Yewon knows a lot of things?' Yerin thought as soon as he said his answer.

"If I have to pick a member, it will be Sojung, your leader." Jihoon said, "I'm interested to know what's her secret for long legs." The other 4 at the table bursted out laughing and Jihoon rolled his eyes.

"Your member with really pretty double eyelids." Soonyoung said and Jihoon and Junhui went "Ayeee". Soonyoung threw them a 'What the hell' look.

Yerin and Wonwoo looked at Junhui and Jihoon for an explanation for their reaction. Junhui immediately nudged Jihoon for an answer.

Jihoon couldn't say about the bet if not, they might lose and Jihoon and Jun would experience Wonwoo's coldness.

"Soonyoung..wouldn't stop staring at her the other time!" Jihoon said with an awkward smile and Junhui came in, saying "That's right! That's right!"

Yerin was amused at their reaction but Wonwoo wasn't buying that but he was too lazy to pursue the matter.

"What's your reason?" Yerin continued.

"I don't have a reason actually, she gives off the mystical aura. But she's cute." Soonyoung said and Junhui and Jihoon made heart gestures. Soonyoung glared at them before rolling his eyes.

"Wonwoo, what about you?" Junhui asked and Wonwoo sat up straight. He looked at Yerin before turning to the other members. Wonwoo stared deep into Yerin's eyes and she froze.

As soon as he broke away, he gazed out to one of the largest trees in the school, and he spoke.

"Choi Yuna."

Yerin was still trying to snap herself out of her frozen state.

"W-why?" Yerin stuttered out and she tried to get a hold of herself. Jihoon noticed this and looked at Wonwoo.

"I think it's similar to Soonyoung's answer. She is just intriguing." Wonwoo said and Yerin nodded.

'I think he really likes Yuna...' Yerin blinked a few times before nodding her head. Jihoon cocked his head to the side. 'Something must be up' Jihoon thought.

"I guess you guys will find out more about them soon!" Yerin said hurriedly, "I'll be getting a drink, do you guys want any?"

"I'll follow you! I'm thirsty but I don't know what to get." Junhui said and stood up. "Thank you, Yerin, but it's okay!" Soonyoung said.

Yerin and Junhui were walking to the drink stall when Junhui caught sight of something.

"Yerin, look."

Yerin turned to the direction Junhui was facing.

"Woah, we can go and play archery there!" Yerin cried out as both Junhui and her neared the Indoor sports hall.

Yerin and Junhui frgot about drinks and went straight to the others. "Guys, we've found some entertainment!" Junhui exclaimed excitedly and Jihoon, Soonyoung and Wonwoo immediately stood up.

"We can play a few rounds of archery!" Yerin said excited and her eyes sparkled with excitement.

Soonyoung took off immediately.

When they got there, they setted up everything and started spamming the arrows. Turns out Junhui is good, managing to hit a 10 pointer.

"You guys, can go ahead and play frst! I'm talking to Yewon." Yerin said and they nodded. Yerin walked out and saw Yewon waiting for her. Yewon had a free period now and Yerin wanted to speak to her.

"Yewon, I need to tell you something." Yerin said as they sat at the school garden.

"Just now, when I asked the 96 liners which member they were interested, Wonwoo looked straight into my eyes for 3 seconds before turning away and picking Yuna." Yerin said as she recounted what happened. "When he looked into my eyes, I just froze and almost stopped functioning." Yerin said and she unknowingly placed her hand on her heart.

Yewon pondered a while before replying.

"You knew Wonwoo quite a while back already do you?" Yewon asked and Yerin nodded. "Since middle school." Yerin said.

"Yerin, I'm not an expert in this but, it seems to me that you like Wonwoo." Yewon said and Yerin's eyes widened. "I don't know how to explain but I think you like him. Do you?"

The usually sure Yerin couldn't utter out a word at all.

----------

Hwang Eunbi checked her watch and the photoshoot letter. She left the school and took a bus to the shoot location. 'I wonder if there will be anyone I know.' Hwang Eunbi thought as she stared out of the window.

'Right, Sojung said there was a Seventeen member going...I wonder who was it...' Hwang Eunbi thought as the bus passed a park.

Unbeknownst to her, Mingyu was seated at the top deck of the bus, also on his way to the photoshoot location. 

When they were alighting, Hwang Eunbi's back was facing Mingyu, hiding her face from him. Hwang Eunbi, who was nervous walked as fast as she could, leaving Mingyu trailing behind her (despite his long legs).

It took 10 minutes of walking for Mingyu to realise that there was a girl walking in the same direction as him. Mingyu leaned to the side to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter