015. Eyes on You.

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 015. }
Eyes on You.

- Choi Yuna's P.O.V -

I quickened my pace as I walked down the hallway. I was called to the Artistic Office. I have no idea what is going on at all. 

I took in a deep breath as I knocked on the door of the office. I opened the door and a boy turned to me.

"Sunyoul?" I said as I saw his face. He gave a big smile to me and pulled out the chair for me to sit. "Thanks" I said before taking a seat.

"Hello there, I'll cut to the chase. We are going to do a collaboration project with one of the composing companies and you two have been selected to do a duet together." The assistant Artistic director said.

I nodded my head with a small smile. From my peripheral vision, I could tell the excitement on Sunyoul's face.

"Thank you!" Sunyoul and I bowed slightly. I'm grateful and happy that I get to do this collaboration. 

But, I don't think I am as excited as Sunyoul is. I wonder why.

"The filming and recording will take place after your exams. There will be filming for the music video as well. There will be a dramatic storyline to the song so we are also getting some students to act. Right now, the male lead is set to be Kim Mingyu but we haven't decided about the female lead. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Hwang Eun Bi!" I said excitedly immediately and the assistant artistic director and Sunyoul looked at me. "Ah, the two of them match well..." The assistant artistic director siad.

I had a hopeful look on my face. I'm pretty sure Mingyu would want SinB as the female lead alongside him.

"But, I'm not sure about Hwang Eun Bi's acting skills." The assistant Artistic director said and I felt a slightly disappointed expression on my face. 

"How about Kim Sohye? I've seen her in some of her acting classes and I think she does pretty well." Sunyoul suggested and I looked at the assistant Artistic director.

"Kim Sohye was one of or shortlisted female lead." The assistant artistic director said. "I think we'll pick her." The assistant director said, "Thank you for your suggestions. You may be dismissed. Here are the details of the collaboration."

She handed us a letter each. We stood up and gave a bow before walking out of the office.

As we closed the door behind me, Sunyoul looked as if he was about to call my name but Eunha beat him to it.

"Yuna!" Eunha said and walked towards me. I turned to Sunyoul. He gave a smile and a wave before walking off. I turned back to Eunha.

"Why did they call you here?" Eunha asked.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked as we slowly walked to our lockers to get our books.

"Seokmin told me. So what's up?" Eunha said. I looked around before whispering into her ear.

"I've been selected to do a Collaboration project with Up10tion's Sunyoul. It's a duet." I whispered and I saw Eunha's eyes widening with excitement as well.

"That's great! Wondered why they didn't choose Seokmin." Eunha said and the name triggered my brain. "Eunha yah, please don't tell Seokmin that the collaboration will be with Sunyoul." I carefully said. 

Eunha nodded and placed a finger on her lips. 

"Mingyu will be playing the male lead for the story behind the song. I tried to suggest SinB to be the lead but they chose Kim Sohye instead." I continued. Eunha had a pout but soon, she asked me a question.

"I'm curious. You rather do this collaboration with Seokmin more than Sunyoul right?" Eunha asked and I immediately agreed, "Of course!"

Was I too enthusiatic? Eunha laughed before saying, "I understand.."

"Don't think too much, go for class." I said before closing my locker. We parted ways and headed for our own class.

- Jung Eun Bi's (Eunha) P.O.V -

A day has passed since Yuna told me about the collaboration. As I walked into class with my bag slung on my shoulder, the first thing I noticed was a dazed Kim Mingyu, staring into space.

I walked to his desk and waved my hand infront of him. "Kim Mingyu?"

It was after half a minute before he snapped out of his 'trance' and looked at me. "Oh, Jung Eunbi." Mingyu said.

I took a seat on the chair infront of him and asked, "Why so glum?"

Mingyu waved his hand and shook his head, "I'm not glum but..."

"But?" I prompted waiting for him to complete his sentence.

"I'm going to act in Yuna and Sunyoul's collaboration music video. There will also be a female lead and it is Kim Sohye-ssi." Mingyu finished and as he said Kim Sohye's name, he seemed as he wanted to say someone else.

Perhaps...he wants to do it with SinB? That seems really likely.

Just then, Minghao came and Mingyu leaned on Minghao's shoulder. "Yah, Mingyu, are you still in disbelief over that?" Minghao said, reading his expression.

"I can't do acting properly. Especially with a girl!" Mingyu said and ruffled his hair. "Junhui hyung should be the one starring! He is our actor!" Mingyu reasoned.

"I'm sure you can act." I said, knowing full well he has some training. Mingyu was about to say something but Minghao beat him to it.

"I'm sure the only reason why you say you can't act with a girl is because the girl isn't SinB!" Minghao said and Mingyu, whose mouth was opened, ready to say something, froze.

Minghao and I looked at each other before looking back at Mingyu. We exchanged playful smiled and started teasing Mingyu.

"Aigoo, our Mingyu!" Minghao said and started poking Mingyu. Mingyu facepalmed at himself, probably for giving himself away.

"It's alright, we won't tell anyone!" I said as Minghao continued poking and tickling Mingyu.

"Jung Eunbi! Seo Myungho! Stop harrassing Kim Mingyu! Go back to your seats!" 

Minghao and I froze and looked to the teacher who just entered class. We bowed and apologised to the teacher before walking back to our table.

Minghao and I became silent as the teacher started her lesson.

"Minghao, you spoke really well just now." I leaned in and whispered to my desk-mate when the teacher wasn't looking.

"Really? Thank you!" Minghao whispered back and we exchanged high-fives below our desks.

----------

- Narrator's P.O.V -

As the exams were nearing, they were forced to study more. The 97 liners, 98 liners and Chan agreed to study together and they were gathered at Seungkwan, Minghao and Junhui's house.

Their study session started off well, with all of them doing their work, only making conversations if they were unsure about something.

Soon stomach grumbles were heard and the inner chef of Mingyu couldn't stand hearing these grumbles.

"Seungkwan, I'm going to use your kitchen again!" Mingyu said and stood up. SinB, whose stomach grumbled the loudest rejoiced, remembering that he could cook. After she was done with her question, she hopped to the kitchen curious to see what he was cooking.

"I didn't know Mingyu could cook." Eunha said, amused as aroma filled the room.

"SinB knows." Mingyu absent-mindedly said and SinB, who was beside him, froze.

"How did SinB know?" Seokmin asked and Mingyu mentally slapped himself for starting. SinB shook her head. "SinB came by here so that we could do our assignment but Mingyu crashed and he cooked snacks for us and they left together too!" Seungkwan explained casually but Mingyu was tensing up.

"I'm sure you two got stuck in the rain! It must have become a date then!" Junhui, who was chilling there said and SinB and Mingyu flinched.

"I understand now..." Seokmin said in a playful tone and the rest joined in and started teasing Mingyu and SinB. "Our Mingyu is so fun to tease these days!" Minghao said and Mingyu glared at him. They started chanting Mingyu and SinB's name.

SinB started sulking as Yewon, Yuna and Eunha made fun of her too and she started whining, "Don't do this to me!"

Afterwards, SinB and Mingyu barely interacted and this was noticed by Yewon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter