021. Tell Me Your Wish

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 021. }
Tell Me Your Wish

- Narrator's P.O.V -

It was only two months from the graduation night.

This also meant that it was less than two months away from the major exam the 95 liners were going to sit for.

The 95 liners of their batch had more and more study sessions together and one thing that was becoming very apparent among them was how Sojung and Seungcheol have a special bond.

"Jisoo ah," Jeonghan asked Jisoo as Seungcheol and Sojung were away to buy their lunch. "Yes?" Jisoo replied immediately.

"Don't you think there's something special between Seungcheol and Sojung that is becoming stronger and stronger?" Jeonghan replied and Jisoo nodded his head instantly without saying a word.

"Seungcheol is rather attentive to Sojung, vice-versa." Jisoo said and more people were nodding their heads. The 95 liners were taking a break from studying. Wheein and Nayoung, who was in front of Jisoo and Jeonghan, nodded their heads in agreement.

"Look at them." Nayoung said and Wheein, Hwasa, Jeonghan, Jisoo, Taehyung looked to Sojung and Seungcheol who were queuing up to buy their food.

"They are adorable together." Hwasa said motherly and Taehyung nodded with a fatherly smile.

The study group halted their conversation as the two leaders were coming back to their seats. After they were done with their lunch, it was back to studying, much to their chagrin.

They were mostly silent as they were studying, only asking questions for clarification once in a while. Sojung, however, always stole glances at Seungcheol quite frequently. Sojung was still focused on her work but she always felt the need to look at Seungcheol.

Sojung was drinking some water and her eyes wandered to Seungcheol who was doing his work. He was so focused that he didn't feel Sojung's eyes on him.

As Sojung read his facial expression, she realised Seungcheol was stressed. 'Even though he never expresses it verbally, he does look very stressed...' Sojung thought as she looked away from him, just in case people saw her looking at him.

As evening was drawing near, they decided to wrap up the study session and head home for dinner. They left one by one as they went by the common way.

As Jeonghan, Wheein, Jisoo left, they threw a glance at Sojung and Seungcheol before exchanging glances among themselves.

Sojung and Seungcheol were left alone as they were on their way back to their own home. It wasn't long before they were engaged in a conversation.

"Seungcheol ah," Sojung started and Seungcheol turned his eyes to her and smiled. "Yes?"

"When I looked at you just now when we were studying, you seemed really stressed." Sojung started and Seungcheol noted that Sojung was looking at him.

"How could you tell I was stressed?" Seungcheol asked curiously. Sojung stopped walking and Seungcheol followed suit.

"Your eyebrows were knitted and your eyes were so focused." Sojung said and used her fingers and actions to imitate how Seungcheol looked earlier on. Her imitation only caused Seungcheol to laugh out loud.

'She's too cute.' Seungcheol thought as he watched Sojung's imitation of him studying.

"I'm surprised." Seungcheol said after he stopped laughing and they continued walking. "Why?" Sojung asked and Seungcheol chuckled. "No one could ever tell I was stressed. They said I could hide it well." Seungcheol said and Sojung nodded.

"Ah yes, you do hide it well. I only realised it today." Sojung said and Seungcheol nodded. "You are probably one of the first few people beside my members who could see this." Seungcheol and Sojung chuckled. "Maybe when you're a leader, you have to pay attention to everything." 

Seungcheol nodded in agreement before Sojung started speaking again.

"If you're stressed, you can share it with me." Sojung said and Seungcheol felt this warm feeling inside of him as he looked at Sojung's warm smile.

"We're in this together! Just like those times you supported me and helped me up," Sojung said and looked at him.

Seungcheol waited for her to finish her sentence. 

"I want to be there for you as well." Sojung said with a bright smile. Seungcheol gave a smile and looked into her eyes. All he could see was genuine care and it melted his heart.

"Thank you, Sojung." Seungcheol said and patted her shoulder. Sojung's smile remained on her face as they made their way to the bus stop.

Just then, large gusts of wind blew, messing up their hair yet piercing Sojung's skin, causing goosebumps to form on her skin. Sojung started rubbing her skin unknowingly and this did not escape Seungcheol's eyes.

Seungcheol took the hoodie in his arm and quickly place in over Sojung, catching her off-guard. Sojung stopped walking and blinked. She looked at the hoodie on her, her arms still stuck on her body, the sleeves of the jumper, still dangling emptily.

"You're cold." Seungcheol said and Sojung looked at him and nodded slowly. "Ah yes, thank you, Seungcheol..." Sojung said as she slid her arms into the sleeves. Seungcheol only smiled as she didn't reject his offer. 

Seungcheol looked up to the sky and saw many stars. "Woah, the sky is beautiful." Seungcheol said and Sojung looked up after she was done donning the outer wear and she was immediately blown away.

"I've never seen so many stars before!" Sojung said excitedly, looking at the stars. 

Just then, a bright streak flashed across quickly, causing the two leaders to stop in their tracks.

"Sojung ah,"

"Seungcheol ah,"

"That was a shooting star right?" They asked each other.

"We need to make a wish!" Sojung said excitedly and closed her eyes. Seungcheol laughed at how cute and child-like she was. Seungcheol blinked and looked at her with deep thought.

'Wish? You are my wish.' Seungcheol thought immediately and all of a sudden, his eyes widened.

'I do have some feelings for her.' Seungcheol thought as he looked at Sojung who was still making her wish.

When he saw Sojung opening her eyes, Seungcheol quickly looked away and they continued making their way to the bus stop.

"What did you wish for?" Seungcheol asked as the reached the bus stop. Sojung was once again caught off-guard. She didn't expect to say out her wish. Sojung paused, contemplating whether or not to say what she had wished for.

As Sojung was about to open  , Seungcheol's bus came and Seungcheol was slightly bummed by the fact he had to leave.

"I guess I'll find out from you another time! I'll see you soon!" Seungcheol said and threw one last smile at her before boarding his bus. Sojung waved to him as he took the window seat. Seungcheol gave a wider smile as he waved back at Sojung before the bus took off.

As Sojung dropped her arm, she realised she forgot to return Seungcheol his jumper. 'Ah Sojung, you fool, you forgot to return this.' Sojung liked his jumper, it was comfortable and it reminded her of him.

As Sojung made her way back home, all that was running through her mind was the wish she made.

'I want to know Seungcheol more, how he makes me fall for him more and more with the passing time. I want to conquer exams and the graduation night with him.' Sojung thought as the jumper only reminded her more about her wish.

"Ah, Kim Sojung! This isn't the best time to fall for someone."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter