022. Fires and Frustrations

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 022. }
Fires and Frustrations.

- Narrator's P.O.V -

The performance team was in the recording room, working on a new song for the Performance unit.

Jihoon bobbed his head to the music while Soonyoung was zoning out beside Junhui and Minghao.

Soonyoung groaned and ruffled his hair. All attention turned to Soonyoung.

"Jihoon ah, what do I do?" Soonyoung started and Jihoon raised an eyebrow.

"How do you date someone?" Soonyoung continued, asking Jihoon. 

Everyone in the studio bursted out laughing.

"How smart of you to ask someone like me, who has no experience at all." Jihoon said sarcastically and Soonyoung only threw his head back on to the sofa.

"You'll do fine Soonyoung." Junhui patted his back and Minghao and Chan only continued laughing.

"Maybe Yerin's help will come in handy!" Junhui said and Soonyoung looked at him with an 'are-you-serious' face.

Meanwhile, Seokmin and Yuna were walking to class and talking about their assignment when they saw Jaehyun and Chaeyeon in front of them.

Seokmin and Yuna exchanged glances. Jaehyun and Chaeyeon were laughing and talking.

"Jaehyun is so fast." Yuna commented and Seokmin nodded. "Chaeyeon seems to be enjoying it too." Seokmin said.

"Actually, now that I think about it, They have a lot in common." Seokmin continued and Yuna paused to think.

"You're right! They have the same surname." Yuna said.

"Secondly, they have visuals and the voice too." Seokmin continued.

"I'm sure they have more similarities that we don't know." Yuna finished as they walked into class. They saw Jaehyun and Chaeyeon still talking.

"Are they becoming inseparable?" Seokmin said as he and Yuna had their eyes still fixed on Jaehyun and Chaeyeon.

"You two are becoming really close." Seokmin said to Jaehyun after Chaeyeon walked away to find Yuna.

"I guess." Jaehyun said and laughed. Before Seokmin could say another sentence, Jaehyun spoke.

"Yah, Lee Seokmin, don't get the wrong idea." Jaehyun said and Seokmin could only blink. He did say what Seokmin was going to say.

"How did you know?" Seokmin asked, still confused.

"That's not important." Jaehyun said, enjoying Seokmin's confused look.

"Before you think about me and," Jaehyun continued and purposely did not say Chaeyeon's name out, "You should be worried about Yuna more." Jaehyun said.

However as Jaehyun said his last sentence, Chaeyeon's voice was heard saying something similar.

"Yuna ah, don't need to worry about me! Your table partner is more interesting." Chaeyeon said and winked at Yuna. 

Yuna's and Seokmin's jaw only grew wider and they turned to each other, only a metre away. Chaeyeon and Jaehyun looked at each other and smiled and they walked to each other and exchanged high-fives.

Yuna and Seokmin turned to Jaehyun and Chaeyeon. But before they could utter a word, their teacher walked in.

Chaeyeon and Jaehyun waved to Seokmin and Yuna before walking back to their respective tables. Seokmin and Yuna sat down and shook their heads.

"Where did they get that idea from?" Seokmin said and Yuna nodded, still trying to process everything that just happened.

---------

The 95 liners and 96 liners of Seventeen and GFriend were studying together.

They made small conversations and discussions about school work while they were studying and revising.

As Sojung was explain a concept to Yerin, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Sojung stopped speaking and immediately turned to her left. Yerin, who was listening to Sojung looked up, distracted by the abrupt pause.

Jeonghan looked up and saw a classmate of the 95 liners whispering into Sojung's ear. Jeonghan noticed Yerin paying attention to Sojung and her classmate. Soon, Seungcheol looked up as well.

When she was done whispering into Sojung's ear, she walked off. Yerin's, Seungcheol's and Jeonghan's eyes followed her before turning to Sojung, who was slightly perplexed.

"Unnie," Yerin said and Sojung turned to Yerin. "Is everything alright?"

"It is," Sojung said and gave a chuckle.

"What did she tell you?" Jeonghan asked and by now, all the other boys at the table stopped their work and listened. 

"Ah, it's nothing much." Sojung said with a smile and brushed it off before standing up. "I need to go meet someone now, I'll be back soon." Sojung said and excused herself. All the Seventeen members and Yerin looked at Sojung's walking figure.

Yerin would be lying if she wasn't curious and worried, not to mention suspicious. Yerin stood up silently and was about to walk off as well when Wonwoo called her.

"Yerin, where are you going?" Wonwoo asked and Yerin turned back. Yerin mouthed 'Sojung' and received a nod from Wonwoo. Yerin started following Sojung.

"It does seem a bit fishy." Seungcheol said, his face etched with anxiety and worry for Sojung. Jeonghan and Wonwoo patted his back and Jeonghan assured Seungcheol, "Nothing will happen, don't worry."

Seungcheol still had some uneasiness but he tried to focus on his notes. The other members exchanged looks before resuming whatever they were doing.

As Yerin followed Sojung, Yerin could not help but notice how deep in thought Sojung was.

As Sojung walked, she became a bit nervous as she had no idea about what was going to happen.

'Unnie is always sharp and should have detected me by now but...' Yerin thought as she saw Sojung ruffling her hair. Soon Sojung reached the basketball and saw a girl sitting by the bleachers.

Sojung took a deep breath before walking to her. Yerin hid behind a wall as Sojung went up to the girl.

"Hello," Sojung started with some awkwardness, "I heard that you wanted to see me." 

The girl flashed a smile before standing up. It was Sojung's popular classmate Jang Rohee who had everything from looks, money, friends and she had some talent when it came to performing art.

Rohee nodded before saying 'Hello'.

"You're quite close to Seungcheol right?" Rohee asked, catching Sojung's fullest attention immediately. Yerin's eyes also widened and she tried to sneak a peek.

"Why?" Sojung answered her with a question. Sojung felt the need to hold back that information.

"I actually like Seungcheol." Rohee turned and Sojung saw that she had a dreamy smile on. Sojung gave a small smile and nodded, trying to make it casual.

"I noticed you and Seungcheol are good friends and I was wondering if you could help me get close to him." Rohee s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter