013. Inner Resonance

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 013. }
Inner Resonance

- Narrator's P.O.V -

GFriend was practicing their dances in the Practice room.

"Timing, timing!" SinB said out loud as they were doing the dance break for 'Me Gustas Tu'. The girls were even perspiring from the intensity of the practice.

After  'Me Gustas Tu' ended, 'Glass Bead' came on and they quickly got into their starting position and made sure they were synchronised.

Just then the practice room door opened and Soonyoung, Junhui, Minghao, Chan and Jihoon came in, shocked to find them here. 

"GFriend, continue dancing!" Yerin commanded as she told them not to get distracted. The Seventeen members took a seat and watched GFriend practice their songs.

After they ended 'Glass Bead', 'Me Gustas Tu' came on again and they got to their position. "Now, you guys will sing as you dance." Sojung said and the Seventeen members present were shocked.

They delivered their lines perfectly despite the panting and the fatigue that only increased as the music continued playing.

After they were done with 'Me Gustas Tu', they bent down and panted, their chest heaving up and down. The Seventeen members clapped for their friends. As they reached for their bottles, Yewon asked the Seventeen members.

"How were we?" Yewon said and they all gave her a thumbs up and the girls had relieved looks on their face.

"What bring you guys here?" Yerin asked as she wiped some water of her lips. "We wanted to use the practice room to choreograph some solo parts Soonyoung had in mind, we didn't think this room would be occupied." Minghao told her and the girls started apologising but the boys waved their hands, telling them to stop apologising.

"No it's alright! We were too excited." Soonyoung said and they all laughed. 

The bell rang and some of them started packing up. "I have lessons now." Yuna said. "Me too!" Yerin, SinB, Yewon said before leaving. "Yerin, you have class?" Jihoon asked and she nodded.

"I have to redo the module as I failed it." Yerin told her fellow 96 liner classmates and they nodded. "Fighting!" They cheered for Yerin. The GFriend members waved goodbye before leaving.

Sojung was using her phone and Eunha was doing some stretching. The Seventeen members were warming up.

"Jung Eun ah," Sojung said, looking up from her phone. "Yes?" Eunha replied. "I need to find Seungcheol. We need to go for our Senior's Prom night rehearsal." Sojung said and Eunha nodded. 

"Have fun, Sojung!" Eunha said as she waved to Sojung who took her leave.

Eunha, being the only GFriend member left, decided to also pack up and wanted to leave so that she won't disturb the Seventeen members. "Eunha yah," Minghao called to his table-mate and classmate.

She turned to the Seventeen members. "You don't have to leave! Actually, we want you to stay!" Minghao continued and Eunha was a bit surprised.

"You can see our steps and tell us what you think!" Soonyoung told her. There was some silence in the room. The Seventeen members looked at Eunha, hoping she would stay.

After seeing their eyes, she agreed and nodded. She took a seat. 

As the time went by, her admiration for Soonyoung and the boys only grew as she watched how hardworking they were, trying to find the best steps possible.

Eunha couldn't not notice how charismatic Soonyoung is whenever he dances and choreographs new and unique steps.

'He might be funny and adorable but when he switches on his performance mode, his charisma just flows out.' Eunha thought as her eyes were still glued to the boys.

Soon another period was gone and the bell rang. Junhui and Jihoon turned to Soonyoung, "We have makeup lessons, so we need to go." Junhui told Soonyoung and Soonyoung nodded.

"I need to go too!" Chan said and Soonyoung ruffled his hair. "Ah hyung, don't do that.." Chan said before waving to his other members and Eunha.

As Soonyoung and Minghao were about to continue dancing, Minghao stopped. He checked his watch before looking at Soonyoung. "I need to go too! I forgot I have to tutor students for Chinese!" Minghao panicked slightly and Soonyoung laughed at how cute he was.

"Take care!" Soonyoung said and Minghao left. Soonyoung walked over and Eunha offered some water to him. He hesitated but he couldn't resist her doe-eyes.

"Thank you, Jung Eun!" Soonyoung said as he took a mouthful before returning the bottle to her.

"I'm curious, how did you find your passion for dancing?" Eunha asked as he took as seat in front of her. "Ah, I actually started Taekwondo first. I found Taekwondo similar to dancing that made me interested in dance. How about you?"

"My parents decided to send me to a dance school when I was young. I always enjoyed it because I always felt good after dance. SinB also happened to be in the same dance school and we ended up in the same group." Eunha continued the conversation.

"Such fate." Soonyoung said and Eunha nodded. "Our Chan appeared on television as a dancing prodigy and when the broadcast was airing, I was having dinner and I thought he would be a successful idol one day and I also thought that it will be good if we were in the same group! And turns out we are in the same group!"

Their conversation went on and they laughed as they talked about random things.

Soon it became quiet between them but Soonyoung ended the silence when he asked Eunha, "Eunha, I actually have some new ideas for the partnering in our performance. Would you like to try it out with me?" Soonyoung offered and Eunha nodded immediately agreed. Soonyoung casually helped her up.

They were in front of the mirror and Soonyoung started teaching her the steps he had thought off.

"Then lastly, I'll twirl you in" Soonyoung only verbally explained the last part to her and she nodded. Soonyoung went to play the music and Eunha tried to remember the steps.

They started dancing and as usual, and Eunha was having fun dancing with Soonyoung.

As they were about to finish the last step, Soonyoung twirled Eunha towards him. However, as they didn't practice that segment, Soonyoung accident twirled Eunha in a bit too much.

The music had ended. They were inches away from each other. Eunha's hands were around his neck and shoulder while Soonyoung's hand was at her back.

They froze in this position for 20 seconds, feeling each other heat up due to the close proximity. Eunha could feel her cheeks heating up.

Soonyoung looked down and Eunha coincidentally looked up, locking eyes with each other.

---------

Sojung and Seungcheol were rehearsing their lines before the instructor came. The instructor specialised in public-speaking and would be helping them for their preparation.

"This isn't just an ordinary night! Seungcheol, have you heard what the Prom team has prepared?" Sojung said with gusto and Seungcheol replied, matching with her enthusiasm.

After they ran through a few rounds, the instructor came and wanted to see their progress.

Sojung and Seungcheol did their best just like they practiced and even though the instructor had some disapproving looks, their smile did not falter and continued to push through and finish their script.

"You sound like students trying to give a presentation." The instructor said frankly as Sojung and Seungcheol stood in front of her, side by side.

Sojung tried to keep her face as straight as possible, hoping to not show any emotion. She heard how curt this instructor cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter