012. Just Another Day?

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Author's Note ]

So many things happened in just one week, GFriend X Seventeen Collab stage at MAMA 2016, Seventeen's awesome album, Seventeen's showcase.

I can't not acknowledge those this update because I'm still shook and overjoyed.

{ 012. }
Just Another Day?

- Narrator's P.O.V -

Seungcheol paced around his room as he tried to figure out what to do. 

Finally after 5 minutes of pacing, Seungcheol grabbed his phone before lying on his bed. He started hitting the keypad on his phone and he waited.

Sojung, who came back from an evening jog, stepped into her house. She placed her music player on the table and picked up her phone.

She looked closely at her phone. She opened the message sent to her.

Hey there, Sojung
Hope I'm not disturbing. Where shall we meet to do the Senior Prom emceeing preparation?

Sojung immediately replied back.

Hi Seungcheol!
If you don't mind, my place is available! We wouldn't disturb any one!

Sojung waited for Seungcheol to reply and she smiled when he agreed. She texted her address to him.

Sojung started making dinner and took a shower when she let the stew she made simmer. When she was done showering, Sojung saw Mingyu tending the stew.

"Oh, Sojung, how long have you been simmering this?" Mingyu asked as he stirred the stew. "15 minutes." Sojung said as she rubbed her hair dry.

Mingyu nodded before tasting the stew. "Oh, Mingyu," Sojung called and Mingyu turned to his sister.

"Seungcheol will be coming over." Sojung said and Mingyu just nodded without questioning, giving her an 'Okay' with his fingers.

"I'll go get Minjung down." Mingyu said and Sojung nodded as she added some final touches to the stew.

"Mingyu, can you bring Minjung some where else tomorrow? I will need the whole house tomorrow!" Sojung said but Mingyu didn't fully catch that.

----------

The next morning, the door bell rang and Sojung's voice rang through the house.

"Kim Mingyu! Get up and open the door, please!" Sojung said loudly as she dressed Minjung.

Mingyu, sat up on his bed and sighed. Soon, he shuffled his feet to the door.

"Who is it so early in the morning?" Mingyu ruffled his hair as he reached for the door. Mingyu had bits of hair sticking out at weird angles.

When he opened the door, his eyes were no longer half-closed. 

"Seungcheol?" Mingyu said as he was greeted by his leader, "What are you doing here?" Mingyu continued to ask. 

"Mingyu? Why are you in this house?" Seungcheol said, his mind also obviously not fully awake. 

"This is my house!" Mingyu said and soon Sojung came out. "Oh, good morning, Seungcheol!" Sojung chirped.

Both Mingyu and Seungcheol smacked their foreheads, remembering the answer to their curiousity. Mingyu quickly opened the door for his leader. 

"Didn't I tell you last night before we had dinner?" Sojung said to Mingyu and laughed.

"Mingyu, go and get ready. Minjung's ready to go out!" Sojung said and Mingyu was confused for the second time that day.

"Go out?" Mingyu echoed and Sojung repeated what she said, "Well, I did tell you Seungcheol and I need to use the whole house."

"What?" Mingyu said as he was taken aback by the answer. Seungcheol took a sit beside Mingyu. "We need to do work! Hurry, Mingyu!"

Mingyu groaned before dragging himself away again.

15 minutes later, Mingyu was outside of his house, his hand holding Minjung's hand. Mingyu looked at his phone. "Who's house can I crash?" Mingyu said and Minjung looked at her older brother.

"You have 11 other members to choose from." Minjung said cutely. Mingyu looked down at his sister. "You sound like your older sister." Minjung stuck out her tongue and Mingyu stuck out his too.

"Let's go!" Mingyu said and the youngest 2 of the Kim household began their 'expedition'.

Half an hour later, Mingyu was infront of a house. Mingyu knocked on the door and Junhui opened the door. "Oh, Mingyu!"

"Junhui, who is it?" Mingyu heard Seungkwan's voice as Junhui opened the door wider. "Ah, Mingyu! Minjung!" Seungkwan said as he caught sight of them.

"Can I crash you place today? I got chased out from my house." Mingyu said and thought, 'by my sister who is currently with our leader'

"Of course!" Junhui said and let them in. Minjung greeted all the members one by one and Junhui carried her. Minghao who came out to see who arrived broke out into a smile when he saw Minjung.

"It's the cutie Minjung!" Minghao said as Minjung ran to Minghao. "Wow, you are growing taller!" Minghao said and touched her head. Minjung flashed her smile and nodded.

"Make yourself comfortable!" Seungkwan said as he got a glass of water for both Mingyu and Minjung. Mingyu took a seat on the sofa watched whatever was on the television. 

Seungkwan, Minghao and Junhui rented a house together since their parents are not in Seoul.

"Mingyu, what brings you here?" Minghao thought as he gave Mingyu his some books.

"Oh, Soju-" Mingyu started and stopped as he almost revealed Sojung's name. Minghao looked at Mingyu curiously and Mingyu quickly covered by saying, "My parents needed to do some conference and needed the house to be silent so they chased us out."

Minghao nodded before walking back to the kitchen, to make breakfast with Seungkwan and Junhui.

20 minutes later, the door bell rang and Mingyu was closest to the door.

"Mingyu, please help us open the door!" Junhui called out from the kitchen and he replied, "Sure thing!" Mingyu cried out.

Mingyu opened the door and got another shock. The person in front of the door was also surprised.

"What are you doing here?" They both said to each other at the same time.

"Oh SinB, you're here." Minghao said as he stuck his head out for a brief moment.

'They were expecting SinB?' Mingyu thought as he looked at SinB. 'Mingyu is here?' SinB thought as they continued to look at each other.

"Hi there," Mingyu said awkwardly and broke the silence, "You should come inside, the sun is quite bright." Mingyu ushered SinB and she thanked him.

Seungkwan came out. "Mingyu, SinB is here so that we could work on our assignment." Seungkwan explained to Mingyu and he nodded. Seungkwan then turned to SinB. "SinB, Mingyu got chased out of his house so he's crashing here too."

SinB had a look of understanding. Just then, Minjung ran out of the kitchen. "Woah, this lady is very pretty!" Minjung said as she looked at SinB.

"Minjung, mind your manners." Mingyu said to his sister.

"Mingyu, isn't she the lady that you had a photoshoot with? Unnie showed me the photobook." Minjung tugged Mingyu's pants as she asked her older brother.

Mingyu decided not to ask when his older sister showed Minjung the photoshoot photos because that would bring up Sojung's name. "Yes, she is this friend." Mingyu said and Minjung smiled before running to SinB.

"Unnie, you are very very very pretty!" Minjung told SinB. SinB bent down to meet Minjung eye-level. "Thank you for the compliment. Minjung, you are very cute and pretty too!" SinB said and patted her head and adjusted Minjung's two braids.

"Unnie, the more I look at you, the more you look like Girls' Generation's Jessica!" Minjung's comment caused the 4 Seventeen members to look at SinB.

SinB looked up from Minjung and met 4 pairs of eyes, staring at her.

"Is there something on my face?" SinB asked, getting slightly uncomfortable as they studied her face. SinB quickly grab a Magazine beside and hid her face. Mingyu only laughed.

"You two really look similar." Minghao said as he looked at the Magazine cover. Mingyu walked to SinB and took the magazine from her hands and face the Magazine cover to her.

The 4 Seventeen members laughed as SinB's face changed when she saw Jessica's face on the magazine cover. SinB smacked her forehead lightly.

After settling down, SinB and Seungkwan started discussing about their assignment. They were focused on the tasks and were trying to find the best solutions.

Mingyu sat by the kitchen counter, bored to death. He found himself looking at SinB.

Minghao, Junhui and Minjung surrounded Mingyu and 'interrogated' him. "Mingyu, I guess you can't stop looking at Jessica." Junhui said and Mingyu sharply turned his head.

"I happened to look at their direction. I was stoning." Mingyu quickly defended himself. "Really?" Minjung asked and they all looked at Minjung. Minjung stuck out her tongue again.

"Can I use your kitchen?" Mingyu asked the residents of this house and they nodded. "Of course! With the usual condition!" Junhui said and Minghao nodded, saying, "I want to eat your food!"

Mingyu smiled before checking the fridge and the cupboard and took out some ingredients and utensils.

----------

SinB sat up straight and turned her head to the kitchen. She stood up and walked to the kitchen to see Mingyu cooking. Junhui, Minghao and Minjung stood at the side watching him cook.

'Woah.' SinB thought as she saw Mingyu's cooking form. She stood behind for a minute as they all gathered around Mingyu to see him cooking. 

When Minjung turned around and and saw SinB, she called out her name and walked to SinB. SinB bent down and carried Minjung.

It was only after Minjung called out SinB's name, Junhui, Minghao and Mingyu realised SinB was behind them. Junhui and Minghao turned to see SinB but Mingyu continued to pay attention to the fire.

When Mingyu was done cooking, he dished out some of the snack for Seungkwan and SinB and the rest for Junhui, Minghao and Mingjung. All of them gathered outside the living room. "Woah, thank you, Mingyu!" Seungkwan's face lit up as he saw the snack and thanked Mingyu.

SinB's thanked Mingyu as well and took a snack. She took a bite and was shocked at how good it tasted. She looked at the snack again before taking another bite. She was impressed with Mingyu, 'What can he not do?' SinB thought.

Mingyu was worried that the snack didn't turn out well. "Hwang Eun, how is the snack?" Mingyu asked and SinB turned to him. "It's good!" SinB said and gave him a thumbs up before focusing on the snack.

After the snack, they had the energy to continue their work. Meanwhile, Junhui, Minghao, Mingyu and Minjung went out for a short lunch before returning to the house. Mingyu realised he didn't do much the whole morning and afternoon.

By the time Seungkwan and SinB was done, it was close to dinner time. "We are going to order a Chinese takeout!" Junhui announced and Minghao cheered  excitedly.

"Will you three be joining us?" Minghao asked Mingyu, SinB and Minjung. They shook their heads. "We should make a move." Mingyu said and patted Minjung. "I should get going too!" SinB said.

Seungkwan opened the door for Si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter