011. Pull Me Closer

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 011. }
Pull Me Closer.

- Choi Yuna's P.O.V -

"Yuna yah," 

I turned my eyes from my homework to my mother who entered my room with a plate of fruits.

"Here's some fruits to perk you up!" My mother said, smiling tenderly as she set the fruits on my table. "Thank you, eomma." I thanked her.

As soon as she left the room, my phone beeped and I picked it up, curious to see who was it from. My lips curled up unknowingly as I saw the sender's name.

Lee Seokmin.

I opened the message immediately and I only felt my smile widening as I read the contents.

Good evening, Yuna!
You did really well today. Your singing blew everyone away, even me. I'm still quite surprised at our impromtu, yet well-blended duet and the response. I guess our agreement was fulfilled. It was my pleasure to be able to sing with you.

I texted back, thanking him for being such a great duet partner and soon we had a conversation going on.

As we texted, I ate my fruits and finished my work. My phone became suddenly glued to my palm everywhere I went, to the kitchen to put the plate into the sink, to the bathroom as I brushed my teeth.

Seokmin and I chatted until it was close to midnight.

We should sleep, we still have classes tomorrow.

I texted Seokmin and in less than a minute, I got a reply.

Yes, we should. If I do fall asleep in class, you know what to do. Good night, dream of me!

I had to close my mouth to stop my laughter from getting out of control as I saw his 'dream of me'. I quickly hit the buttons on my phone.

I don't think I want to sleep anymore. 

As I read Seokmin's message, I could visualise a pout from him and a smirk.

That's fine, you can spend the whole night thinking about me (and how great we sounded on stage today)

I stared at my phone in awe at how much entertainment he brought me.

I'm kidding, we should sleep. Honestly, thinking about our duet just gives me chills down my spine. Your voice is amazing. I'm glad I have the opportunity to sing with you. Good night, I'll see you tomorrow!

I thanked him again before switching off my room lights. I don't think my smile left my cheeks as I went to sleep.

Lee Seokmin, you really know how to make one feel comfortable.

- Narrator's P.O.V -

Seungcheol and Sojung sat infront of the Artistic director as they waited for him to start speaking.

"Okay, you two are here not to update about me about your group's progress. You two have been selected to MC for the Senior's Prom night. But of course, this is optional and you need not agree to it. So I'll let you two discuss about it and see if you two are okay. Please send me an email within 3 days time to tell me about your decision." The artistic director said.

Sojung and Seungcheol nodded. They bowed to the Artistic director before leaving his office.

"So...are you up for it?" Sojung asked as they walked down the hallway.

"It sounds good for exposure." Seungcheol said and Sojung nodded. "Hmm...it might be good for the both of us since we are leaders." Sojung added.

"It will also look good in our portfolios." Seungcheol said and they find themselves more inclined to take on the emceeing role. Sojung nodded.

There was silence between them as they tried to make a decision.

"Seungcheol," Sojung said and Seungcheol turned to Sojung. Sojung looked hesitant but she continued.

"I will only take the emceeing role...If you are also doing it." Sojung said slowly, avoiding Seungcheol's eyes. She hoped she didn't sound stupid and she hoped her face wouldn't turn red.

While Sojung was busy concerned with all that, Seungcheol only looked at her. 'I didn't know she could get...shy' Seungcheol thought with a smile.

"Of course. Let's do it together." Seungcheol said and she looked at him. They high-fived each other.

"That's great!" Sojung said with some relief. "It would so awkward if I had to emcee with another-" Sojung continued but stopped short when Seungcheol pulled her towards him. Sojung was shocked by the sudden movement.

"Sojung ah, you almost knocked into the pillar." Seungcheol said to her and laughed.

Sojung only shook her head, 'Kim Sojung since when aare you careless?' Sojung thought and she didn't realise Seungcheol's hand gripped her arm and his other hand on her shoulder.

"Kim Sojung, you can't get a concussion. You have to emcee with me!" Seungcheol said and they laughed.

'I wouldn't want to emcee with another girl other than you.' Seungcheol thought as he let go of Sojung.

Mingyu, who happened to be putting his stuff into his locker, saw this scene and smiled.

'They are getting along together really well.' Mingyu thought as he threw one last glance at them. He shut his locker before walking in the opposite direction, to wait for SinB.

SinB just finished her class and she waved to her friends and Yewon. She had to meet the giant so that they could go for the photoshoot together.

SinB found him sitting near the bench and she tapped him. They stood up and walked out of school together.

They started making small talk about each other's day and the photoshoot.

"I wonder what concept are they going for today..." SinB said and Mingyu nodded. "The previous photoshoot was like a best friend almost couple feel theme." Mingyu said and SinB nodded.

"But I think this photoshoot will be harder." SinB said, slightly nervous and Mingyu was also starting to get jittery as the minutes went by.

It was silent on the bus until SinB started whining.

"Ah! I don't get it why I have to do this." SinB whined, her eyes narrowed and making a slight pout. 

'Well, you are pretty.' Mingyu thought but what he said to SinB was different. "You are your group's visual."

"Visual? They should see how ugly I can be." SinB said and Mingyu chuckled. "Especially when my face morphs into weird expression."

"No doubt, you're weird." Mingyu added joking and SinB glared jokingly with disbelief.

"But one of the best photo from the shoot was the goofy shot. Everyone likes it." Mingyu said and SinB lightened up.

SinB sighed again before saying, "We'll see when we get there."

When they got there, they did the normal procedure and were briefed about what they would be doing.

"Today, you guys will be modelling some fashion brands and you guys will be using more props this time." The director said to all the visuals there and they all nodded. 

However, SinB's shocked expression came out when she saw a bed. Mingyu saw her looking somewhere else and followed her gaze. His face changed as well.

"A bed?!" Mingyu whispered to SinB and she jumped. She clutched her heart before nodding.

"Your photos may be used for the fashion company if you guys win. All the best!" The director said and all the visuals clapped for one another.

This time, apart for cameras to take the photos of them, there were also cameras filming them.

"Hwang Eun Bi," Mingyu called and she turned to him. "There are also cameras filming us even when we're not doing anything."

SinB looked around and nodded.

With the passing time, Mingyu and SinB forgot about the camera and behaved naturally. 

"Oh, we have matching clothes now." SinB said as sets of outfits were handed to them.

When it was their turn to be photographed, they had fun as usual, this time emphasizing more on the outfits. There were staff helping them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter