017. Almost Heart To Heart?

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 017.}
Almost Heart To Heart?

- Narrator's P.O.V -

Hayoung came to school again. It had been awhile since Yerin last saw her.

After their lesson ended, Hayoung and Yerin walked down the hallway to get to their next class.

"Yerin ah," Hayoung said and Yerin turned to her. She looked around to her surroundings before answering. "Did anything happen between you and him?" Hayoung whispered the last part and Yerin jumped slightly.

'What is she trying to say' Yerin thought as soon as Hayoung posed that question.

"No...?" Yerin said before letting out a laugh. Hayoung had a pout. "Why that question?" Yerin asked and Hayoung shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm...just curious. Yes, that's right, I'm just curious." Hayoung reiterated twice. "Nothing will happen." Yerin said and Hayoung shook her head slightly.

"You may never know." Hayoung said and Yerin started to have thoughts in her head.

'Does Hayoung know something? Why is she so mysterious about it?' Yerin thought. 'Yah, Jung Yerin, don't let Wonwoo get into your head before class starts.' Yerin nagged at herself.

"Ah, Hayoung, I heard you guys are releasing a new album!" Yerin changed the topic and Hayoung became excited. She looked around to see her surroundings again before replying Yerin, causing Yerin to laugh out.

"It's still confidential but I have the song in my phone. Want to hear it?" Hayoung whispered excitedly and Yerin also nodded excitedly.

As Yerin was listening to the new song, Hayoung looked at Yerin, feeling slightly disappointed that nothing has changed between Yerin and Wonwoo.

'Jeon Wonwoo, when are you going to make your move?' Hayoung thought.

-----------

Soon the weekend arrived and GFriend was gathered at SinB's house.

SinB was super excited. Yewon and Yuna were excited too but their excitement can't be compared to SinB's.

"WE'RE GOING TO WATCH THE WHOLE HARRY POTTER SERIES!" SinB cheered and jumped as the GFriend members came to her house. Yewon and Yuna swayed side to side on the sofa ad SinB prepared the popcorn.

Sojung laughed at how cute the kids were. "You don't go as crazy over guys in real life." Sojung said and Eunha bursted out in laughter. SinB pouted. 

The girls made themselves comfortable on the extended sofa and they started watching the first movie.

After the first 3 movies of the series, a scrumptous lunch break, they continued on with the long Harry Potter series.

After 'The Goblet of Fire' and 'The Order of The Phoenix', they were finally on the sixth movie, 'The Half-blood Prince.'

It was the scene where Hermione Granger was practising with birds. She had left the celebration when she saw Ron kissing Lavender Brown.

"Why is Ron so stupid not to see that Hermione likes him?" SinB said in a frustrated tone. "Hermione is so sad..." Yewon said.

As soon as Hermione chased Ron away with the flock of birds, she broke down beside Harry. "Guys are too mean." Eunha said and pouted.

Yerin suddenly gives a 'Pfft' before looking away. Sojung and Eunha saw this and both look at Yerin. Yerin became immersed in her thoughts. Sojung gestured something to Eunha behind Yerin's back and Eunha nodded.

Yerin excused herself to the toilet but she went to the balcony that was beside the kitchen. Yerin gave a small laugh.

Yerin couldn't believe what she saw in the movie. 'Am I just like Hermione?' Yerin thought as Wonwoo crept into her mind again.

After a few minutes, Sojung offered to help the girls take more popcorn. That was her excuse to go and find Yerin. 

As soon as Sojung walked into the kitchen, she saw Yerin by the balcony, looking out.

"Yerin ah, you okay?" 

Yerin turned to see her leader standing behind her with a concerned look. 'Nothing escapes your eyes, our leader.' Yerin thought.

"Everything is fine. It's just that...I can't help but see myself like Hermione." Yerin said and Sojung immediately knew what was going on in her head. 'Wonwoo' Sojung thought to herself.

Yerin peeked outside to the living room and saw the other members being engrossed in the movie.

"I'm such a girl, really, I don't know how to handle my emotions." Yerin started and Sojung patiently listened. "It's like every time I see, Wonwoo, my heart just races. I don't even know when it all began." Yerin continued.

"Wonwoo has just been occupying my thoughts most of the time, even if I want to focus on other things. It's tiring and hard." Yerin continued to share her sturggle and Sojung's heart sank a little.

"And now, Wonwoo is being nicer now and I'm so confused." Yerin said. "And knowing him for this long already, I should be able to understand what he's doing but whenever he approaches me alone, talks to me, I can't predict his actions and I think I only fall for him more." Yerin continued.

'Perhaps, Wonwoo likes Yerin?' Sojung thought as she let Yerin continue speaking. She recalled those times where they looked at each other and worked with each other

"The funny thing is that, the more I try to avoid him, the more he comes near me. It's weird." Yerin said and Sojung's eyes widened slightly.

"Ah, Yerin," Sojung said and Yerin looked up to her. "Don't avoid Wonwoo." Sojung said and Yerin had a curious look.

"Don't scare him, he's you middle-school friend and you've come so far together. Avoiding him, to me, isn't the best solution." Sojung said. She wasn't an expert in this area of romance but she tried to give her dongsaeng the best advice she could give.

"It's okay to be more open! Slowly let him know of your feelings." Yerin listened carefully to Sojung.

"I don't know if this sounds crazy, but he might like you." Sojung said carefully said after she was quite sure there was a high possibility of what she said.

"Hayoung told me that too actually," Yerin said before continuing, "I wonder if she knows something."

'Maybe she does...' Sojung thought and nodded. "Come here." Sojung said and opened her arms. Yerin went to Sojung and gave each other a hug.

"Thank you, Yerin, for opening up." Sojung said gratefully and Yerin smiled.

"Thank you, Sojung unnie." Yerin said, thankful for her Leader. 

Meanwhile, Mingyu, Wonwoo, Seokmin and Soonyoung met for dinner. Their dinner was an impromptu dinner thus only four of them met up. Wonwoo, Soonyoung and Seokmin were over at Mingyu's house.

Mingyu was cooking in the kitchen and Seokmin was helping him chop the ingredients. Soonyoung on the other hand was playing with Minjung and Wonwoo sat by the counter, watching the other three doing their activity.

Unknowingly, Wonwoo's mind drifted off to Yerin and suddenly, his thoughts were 'What is Yerin doing now?'. Wonwoo quickly tried to brush that thought off, for fear it would just slip out of .

Soon, dinner was ready and they were seated on the dining table with the food served. Minjung sat with them with her cute cutlery set, eating her beloved brother's cooking.

Over dinner, they started talking and not long after they started, Mingyu's acting in Yuna's Collaboration was brought onto the table, which of course, came with Yuna's and Sunyoul's collab song.

"Seokmin, were you jealous?" Soonyoung asked jokingly and he laughed but what Seokmin said threw the other three Seventeen members of guard.

"Honestly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter