004. Hallway Hustle

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 004. }
Hallway Hustle

- Narrator's P.O.V -

Yewon was waiting for English class to start. It was her new elective and she was surrounded by unfamiliar people. She looked at the empty seat beside her and wonder if anyone would take it. Yewon burrowed her head in her book as she waited for class to start.

Hansol walked in trying to find a vacant seat and he spotted Yewon.

'Ah she's here...' Hansol thought and walked to the vacant seat beside Yewon and sat down. Yewon looked up and was greeted by Hansol's smiling face.

"Oh! Hi Hansol-ssi!" Yewon said and lowered her book. "You're in this class too?" 

"Yeah! I know how to speak English so this module will be easy." Hansol explained and Yewon nodded, "I learnt English when I was young so I thought this would be fun!"

Yewon looked at Hansol before realising something. "Hansol-ssi, are you American?"

"Yewon ah, please drop the formalities." Hansol replied and laughed before replying, "Yes, I'm half-american." Yewon was slightly taken aback when he dropped the formalities so quickly.

"Wah, you don't look full Korean but you also don't look full American." Yewon said and Hansol nodded, "That's why I'm half!" Hansol laughed and Yewon smiled.

Just then the teacher walked in and began the class.

As soon as class ended, Yewon waved to Hansol and went to find her members. Seungkwan was waiting for Hansol and saw Yewon coming out before Hansol and his eyes widened slightly.

"Oh!" Seungkwan said as his eyes followed Yewon's figure. Hansol then hit Seungkwan and Seungkwan got a shock.

"Yah, Hansol ah!" Seungkwan said after being hit by Hansol. Hansol stuck out his tongue and laughed.

"I didn't know Yewon and you are in the same class!" Seungkwan said and Hansol nodded before saying, "I just found out today too. I'm sitting beside her too."

"She's cute." Hansol said and Seungkwan agreed. "When she writes her notes, she's so focused that her eyes are so big, it's cute." Hansol elaborated. 

"You're lucky to sit beside her." Seungkwan commented and Hansol gave a peace sign.

Just then, Hwang Eunbi was walking at such a fast speed that Seungkwan and Hansol almost didn't see her.

"That's Hwang Eunbi, right?" Seungkwan asked as both he and Hansol stared at the girl who was zig-zagging her way past the students. Hansol nodded.

Hwang Eunbi was on her quest to find Yewon. 'Ah, why is Yewon not picking up? She hasn't updated us the whole morning.' Hwang Eunbi thought as she stared at her phone once more.

Seconds after she looked at her phone, she collided into someone that sent her phone flying upwards. Hwang Eunbi lost her balance and fell softly on the ground, due to the tall figure of the person she collided into.

Hwang Eunbi couldn't believe her eyes when she saw who she bumped into.

'Kim Mingyu' Hwang Eunbi thought as Mingyu stabilised himself before catching her phone. Hwang Eunbi blinked at him and Mingyu offered his hand out to help Hwang Eunbi up.

"Hwang Eun ah? Are you alright?" Mingyu said and waved his hand infront of her face. Hwang Eunbi blinked before looking up at Mingyu.

"Yes, I'm good!" Hwang Eun said and laughed. "Sorry for knocking into you! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." Hwang Eun looked away sheepishly and Mingyu chuckled.

"It's alright, here, this belongs to you." Mingyu said and handed back her phone to her. "Thank you, Mingyu." Hwang Eun took back her phone.

"I'll be off first, I'm still having tutorials!" Mingyu said and waved to her. She waved back with a smile and as soon as he was off, Hwang Eunbi felt her face heating up.

'Oh gosh, why is my face heating up? Why?' Hwang Eunbi thought as she touched her cheeks She had no idea why her body was reacting like this. She couldn't help but recall one of the scenes they took during the phototshoot.

* Flashback *

"Mingyu-ssi, now, use your right hand to hold her left hand." The photographer said and Mingyu reached out his hand for hers. "Now, you two, face each other. Ah, Hwang Eunbi-ssi, please stand slightly further away, so that the holding of hands could be seen."

When their fingers touched, Mingyu and Hwang Eunbi were very sure there was some adrenaline rush in their bodies.

Hwang Eunbi and Mingyu turned to each other and Hwang Eunbi could feel the great height difference, with her head tilted up. 'He's really tall.' she thought as she waited for the next move.

"Mingyu-ssi, please place your other hand on her cheek, but don't cover all off her face."

Hwang Eunbi almost flinched when Mingyu placed his hand on her cheek. She was sure he could feel her face heating up.

"Now, both of you look into each others eyes lovingly."

Hwang Eunbi and Mingyu wanted to gag at the mention of 'lovingly' but being pre-professionals, they had to hold it in.

They took many shots of the same pose and it was only the last few shots that Hwang Eunbi realised their fingers were entwined together. She looked down at their hands before looking up to Mingyu to see his smile-smirk. Hwang Eunbi played along immediately, giving a sweet smirk and at that moment, the director yelled and the photographer clicked his camera button furiously.

"THAT'S THE SHOT!"

After the director cried out, Hwang Eunbi being the goofy person she is, exaggerated her head tilt and made a funny face. Mingyu played along and poked her nose. The photographer continued snapping away.

Mingyu and Hwang Eunbi no longer cared about the camera and started laughing at each other. This didn't stop the photographer, who captured only candid, genuine shots.

When Mingyu and Hwang Eunbi gathered around the monitor, they were shocked at how this scene came out. They exchanged high fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter