009. Secret Chemistries

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 009. }
Secret Chemistries

- Narrator's P.O.V -

Jihoon bobbed his head to the music as Mingyu was recording a rapping segment for a mixtape. The other rappers, Hansol, Seungcheol and Wonwoo sat by the side, listening to Mingyu's rap and practising their rap part.

Hansol, Seungcheol, Wonwoo and Mingyu were recording a new rap track for their mixtape and of course, Jihoon was producing the track.

"You did well, Kim Mingyu. We'll try a second time, this time try to enunciate and accent the words a bit more." Jihoon gave his feedback and the other members of the Hip-hop team agreed. Mingyu gave an 'Okay' sign with his hand and did as he was told and Jihoon gave him a thumbs up.

Jihoon stretched as Mingyu came out of the recording room.

"Oh, Jihoon, I forgot to ask you the other day, but what made you run out of the practice room the other day?" Seungcheol asked curiously and the others turned their attention to Jihoon.

"The other day? Ah! Yes, I had an idea that I think could boost our collaboration." Jihoon briefly explained and Wonwoo continued to ask, "What did the music genius in you say?" Jihoon shook his head when he heard 'genius'.

"I thought of doing a mashup between Mansae and Me Gustas Tu. The other day when Me Gustas Tu was played, I tried the Mansae choreography on it and I realised that Mansae and Me Gustas Tu have similar metrenome beats and the actions fit quite well." Jihoon explained.

"That would be cool!" Hansol exclaimed excitedly. "I haven't told Soonyoung yet so I will ask him before I actually propose it to the others." Jihoon said seriously. "I'm sure, it will work out fine!" Seungcheol encouraged Jihoon with a smile.

They all agreed and Mingyu casually checked the clock on the wall of the recording studio. "Oh, I better leave for the Principal's office now." Mingyu said and walked towards the door.

"Why are you going there?" Seungcheol asked and Wonwoo answered for Mingyu, "It's for the photoshoot results. It's finally out."

Mingyu nodded, before adding, "We'll receive the photos too!"

"We'll be waiting." Wonwoo said with a smirk and Mingyu rolled his eyes. "I'll be off first, see you guys later!" Mingyu waved and closed the door behind him.

"We should carry on with the recording. Let's continue." Seungcheol said and Jihoon nodded as he sipped on his water.

As Mingyu was walking down the hallways, he bumped into Hwang Eun who happened to walk in the same route.

"How are you feeling about receiving the results?" Mingyu asked as they walked.

"Nothing actually. I'm just wondering how the photos will turn out since we didn't actually get to view them." Hwang Eun said candidly and they made the rest of their way to the principal's office in silence.

After knocking on the Principal's office door, they entered and bowed to the Principal. The Principal wore a huge grin as he ushered them in.

Hwang Eun and Mingyu exchanged glances, trying to get reassurance from each other.

"You did well, Kim Mingyu, Hwang Eunbi! The photos also look great." The Principal said as he handed them their photobook. "They made 3 copies for us, two for you two and one for the school." The Principal added on as the two students in front of him thanked him.

"Aside from the photobook, they also sent in the critique and assessment sheet." The Principal continued and this piqued their interest and they paid more attention. 

"The overall comment was that you two were professional, yet knowing how to have fun to make it not awkward. You two were also polite and earnest. Well done, you have done what is expected of you." The Principal said and Hwang Eun and Mingyu heaved sighs of relief.

"Since you two have shown that you can represent our school, we have decided to send you for another competition again. More details will sent to you soon." Hwang Eun and Mingyu nodded as the Principal handed them each a copy of the photobook and also the assessment sheet.

"Yes, Principal." They said and the Principal gave them a fatherly smile. They bowed and thanked him again before leaving his office.

"Wow, I didn't think we would have done that well." Mingyu said as he read the comments and assesment. Hwang Eun looked at him curiously and after he was done reading, he handed her the piece of paper to her. "Woah." Hwang Eun said upon seeing their results.

"We did well." Mingyu said and they exchanged high-fives. As they walked to find their respective groups, they flipped through the photobook. "Wow I can't believe how nicely the photo was done." Hwang Eun said and Mingyu laughed.

"Well my high quality looks definitely contributed to that." Mingyu joked and Hwang Eun hit hm lightly. "I'm kidding. You know that right?" Mingyu said but Hwang Eun didn't know how to reply.

"Truthfully, I think it's because of our chemistry that helped." Mingyu said honestly and Hwang Eun laughed.

"We make a good team." Hwang Eun said and Mingyu nodded in agreement. "You know, I actually had a dream that we would be in another photoshoot contest." Hwang Eun absent-mindedly revealed and she covered soon after she said it. She looked to Mingyu slowly.

Mingyu laughed at how cute her reaction was. "Wow, I should be honoured that you dreamt of me." Mingyu said and laughed. Hwang Eun was blushing slightly and she fanned her face. Hwang Eun was too busy mentally scolding herself that she didn't hear him say that.

As they walked to the foyer, their groups were waiting for them. GFriend and Seventeen stood together as Hwang Eun and Mingyu approached them

"Oh look, there's our visuals."Junghan casually said.

"Wow, they even put your pictures in a photobook!" Seokmin said as he caught sight of the photobook. Hwang Eun and Mingyu flinched and glanced at each other again. Wonwoo couldn't help but laugh as he saw their nervousness. Yewon noted their shyness and giggled.

"Let's see the photos!" Sojung said and Hwang Eun handed her the photobook. Mingyu handed the book to Seungcheol and the two leaders started flipping through the pictures. The other GFriend and Seventeen members gathered round to see the photo.

'Wow, our Hwang Eun and Mingyu look good' Sojung thought as she flipped the photos.

Hwang Eun and Mingyu stood in front of them, staring blankly as they waited for them to say something. They started to relax as they heard pleasant responses.

"Good job, Kim Mingyu, Good job, Hwang Eunbi!" Seungcheol said out loud and the others

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter