018. Attractions and Affections

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 018. }
Attractions and Affections

- Narrator's P.O.V -

Yerin and Wonwoo stood in front of the gate of their middle school. They were in their art school uniform and in their hands, they carried bags of flyers, brochures, badges and signboards. It was a Saturday morning and they were filled with some dread.

Wonwoo sighed as he read the school's name. "It's alright, Wonwoo, it's our last year doing this." Yerin comforted him and laughed.

Yerin and Wonwoo were back in their middle school as ambassadors of their current school and alumni. Every year, they had been sent back to their middle school to try and encourage people from their middle school to join their current school.

"For some reason, it feels different this time." Wonwoo said and Yerin nodded. After the talk with Sojung, Yerin decided not to avoid Wonwoo anymore and heed Sojung's advice. She was back to the Yerin who would make fun and tease Wonwoo with opportunity and of course, take care of him.

They were now backstage of the hall. They were getting ready for their presentation in front of the graduating cohort. Their current school had done all the preparation for them and all they needed to do was to speak convincingly.

It was 5 minutes to their presentation and Yerin saw that Wonwoo's tie wasn't in good shape. "Wonwoo ah." Yerin said and Wonwoo turned to her. Yerin stepped closer and stretched out her hands to Wonwoo's tie. Yerin carefully adjusted his tie. Wonwoo was a bit too shocked to reject Yerin.

Wonwoo noticed Yerin's focused look and smiled. He always thought she looked very cute when she was focused. After Yerin was satisfied with how the tie was looking, she dusted the sides of Wonwoo's shoulders and smiled. "There, it looks better now." Yerin said with a smile and looked up to Wonwoo.

"Thank you, Yerin." Wonwoo said with a wrm smile that was warm enough to melt Yerin. He poked Yerin's cheeks.

"Ah, why did you do that?" Yerin asked Wonwoo simply laughed. Yerin touched her cheeks and soon it was their cue to go on stage to deliver the presentation.

Before they walked on the stage, Wonwoo carefully adjusted Yerin's bangs and Yerin only smiled at the gesture. After they were done with the presentation, they were stationed at a booth to tend to students who had enquiries and questions about their high school.

When they were at their booth that had more information about their high school, their middle-school teacher came to them. "Ah, Wonwoo and Yerin, it's so good to see you!" Their teacher, Mrs Lee, said to them as she hugged her former students.

Yerin and Wonwoo greeted her with smiles before Mrs Lee spoke, "Wonwoo, you've grown so much and Yerin, you've grown well too!" 

"Thank you for coming back and introducing your school to our students." Mrs Lee said. "You're welcome!" They echoed and the teacher chuckled.

Their teacher stared at them awhile before asking, "Perhaps? Are you two dating each other?"

Yerin and Wonwoo looked at each other before laughing. "Mrs Lee, you're mistaken we're not dating each other at the moment." Wonwoo replied for the both of them but what Wonwoo said at the last bit surprised Yerin a little.

'What is he hinting?' Yerin thought wildly as she maintain her facial expression.

After Wonwoo and Yerin were done with the booth, they decided to go for lunch together.

"Wah, it has been a long while since we last ate together." Yerin said casually and Wonwoo nodded. Throughout the day, Yerin had to remind herself to be open to Wonwoo.

"You had been avoiding me for the past 2 months." Wonwoo joked and Yerin laughed. "Since when did I avoid you?" Yerin fibbed and Wonwoo raised his eyebrow.

"Jung Yerin, think carefully!" Wonwoo said as they continued to joke around. 

As they ate lunch, they talked and laughed. After lunch, their stomach weren't full and they decided to eat bingsu, a Korean dessert.

"Brain freeze." Yerin said as she clutched her head and blinked after eating the cold bingsu. Wonwoo laughed at how cute she was doing that. Soon, Wonwoo found himself having brain freeze as well.

"Cold!" Wonwoo said as he his right hand held his head. "This is what you get for laughing at me!" Yerin said and stuck her tongue out. Wonwoo took his spoon and put ice on her nose.

"Yah! Jeon Wonwoo!" 

By the end of the day, the two became closer and Wonwoo started to realise Yerin's feelings for him.

'I hope I'm not overthinking.' Wonwoo thought as he turned to Yerin who was sleeping beside him on the bus. Wonwoo's hand reached out and gently placed Yerin's head on his shoulder.

'I'm sure the day wouldn't have been great if you weren't here.' Wonwoo thought as he looked at Yerin.

-----------

On Sunday morning, the photoshoot letter had reached SinB and Mingyu's mailbox and SinB collected the letter.

As soon as she saw the contents of the letter, SinB almost fainted. She reached for her handphone and dialled Mingyu's number almost instinctively.

SinB paced around as she waited for Mingyu to pick up the call. 

"Hello, SinB?" Mingyu's voice sounded through the speaker and SinB stopped pacing. "Mingyu, did you recieve the competiton letter already?" SinB asked immediately.

"Yes! I did," Mingyu answered before continuing, "I can't believe we have to catwalk now!" Mingyu continued and SinB sighed and ruffled her hair.

"I can't do catwalk! I at those so badly. You knnow how oppa I can be!" SinB said causing Mingyu to laugh despite the situation they are in.

"We only have less than two weeks..." Mingyu said and SinB only pouted and started whine, "Why is this thing making me so nervous?"

Mingyu sighed before answering, "It can't be helped. We are the recognised visuals in our group." Mingyu said and suddenly SinB's eyes light up.

"I'm gonna learn how to catwalk now! I know just who to look for! I'll talk to you soon! See you soon!" SinB said and waited for Mingyu's 'Bye' before hanging up the phone. SinB took her wallet and her phone and left her home in less than a minute. 

SinB alighted from the bus stop and was now walking to Sojung's house. As she neared Sojung's house, SinB called Sojung's mobile phone.

Mingyu was in the living room with Minjung. He was re-reading the competition letter again and he heard his sister's phone ring. Mingyu picked up Sojung's phone and almost dropped her phone as he saw the caller ID.

Mingyu quickly switched off the ringing and placed Sojung's phone back on the coffee table and pretended nothing happened.

SinB was now outside Sojung's house. She rang the door bell and waited for the door to open.

Mingyu walked to the main door and pulled it open without hesitation but froze as he saw who was in front of his door.

Even though this wasn't the first time that this scene happened, Mingyu was still stunned.

SinB wasn't any less stunned and shocked than Mingyu was. She looked up to the house before looking back at Mingyu. She did the same thing again before just looking at Mingyu.

"Mingyu? Isn't this Sojung's house? Why are you here?" SinB asked and she saw Sojung coming out from the bathroom. "Oh, Mingyu, who's at the door?" Sojung's said as she dumped her clothes into the laundry basket.

Minjung was in the living room and rushed to the door. "Oh! It's the pretty unnie!"

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter