010. Harmoniously In Sync

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 010. }
Harmoniously In Sync

- Narrator's P.O.V -

GFriend and Seventeen were gathered in the practice room again, to prepare for their special performance.

"Our Jihoon and Soonyoung have some ideas to propose!" Seungcheol said and gestured to Seventeen's composer/producer and choreographer.

"So last practice, when we were having a break, 'Me Gustas Tu' was playing and I thought the metrenome beats were similar to 'Mansae' and I danced Mansae's chrous choreography to Me Gustas Tu's chorus." Jihoon started.

"I tried it out with Jihoon again a few days back and it did work. I think this can show the unity between two groups." Soonyoung added and Yuna nodded her head. "I can visualise it already."

"I think it is a good idea." Hwang Eun said and gave a thumbs up.

"To spice things up, Jihoon has come up with another arrangement for the mashup of the songs!" Junhui said excitedly and the GFriend were in awe.

"Let's listen to it!" Sojung said enthusiastically and Jihoon took out his phone and plugged it into the speakers.

A few seconds into the song, GFriend, and even the Seventeen members had chills down their back. Yewon's jaw only dropped lower as she heard the music.

When the mashup was over, the GFriend and Seventeen members clapped. The GFriend members were shaking their heads in amazement. 

"Of course, aside the mashup, we can add the choreography that Soonyoung worked with Hwang Eun-" Jihoon started but Hwang Eun shook her head wildly and Jihoon stopped.

"Didn't Hwang Eun and Soonyoung do the sample choreography together?" Jihoon asked, clearly confused.

"It is Jung Eun!" Sojung said and laughed.

Some of the Seventeen members were also confused.

"This was what we thought would happen." Jung Eun said and Hwang Eun laughed. Hwang Eun and Jung Eun looked at each other before nodding.

"In order to avoid any more confusion, we will use our planned stage names that we'll be using in the future now. Just the both of us." Jung Eun said and Hwang Eun nodded.

"I'm Jung Eunbi, you can call me Eunha!" Jung Eun said with a smile. "I'm Hwang Eunbi and I can be called SinB!" Hwang Eun introduced.

"That's better!" Jihoon said and he immediately looked relieved. The Seventeen members nodded.

"Now, back to where we left off," Soonyoung continued, "We'll still use the choreography that Eunha," Soonyoung turned to Jung Eun, who now was called Eunha, for confirmation of her stage name.

She nodded with a smile for before Soonyoung continued, "and I came up with."

They all nodded and Yerin added in, "Maybe we can have a dance break as well, since our two groups take pride in our choreography!" Yerin suggested and Chan was smiling happily.

"I like that idea." Wonwoo said and Yerin turned to Wonwoo upon hearing his voice. He gave a smile and Yerin smiled back. Yerin was a pleasantly suprised when Wonwoo spoke and smiled.

"Now, I think we can start teaching each other the dances." Jihoon said and Seokmin stepped forward. "Hold on, friends, let me introduce you to our supposed girl group member, Seungkwan!" Seokmin introduced and Seungkwan looked at him in shock. 

GFriend members were amused at this introduction while Seventeen had anticipating looks.

Jihoon laughed out loudly immediately and Soonyoung went to play a girl group song and Seungkwan immediately started dancing causing the whole studio to be filled with laughter and clapping.

When Seungkwan ended, he bowed and they clapped.

Just then, Yerin spoke, "We also have a boy-group dancer here!" 

Sojung pushed SinB out and SinB was obviously not prepared. She shook her heads and retreated but stopped when EXO's Growl was on.

"Yewon, join me!" SinB said and Yewon joined in with her and they danced the chorus nicely. Seventeen and GFriend clapped for the 98 liners.

"It looks like both groups have a lot in common!" Seokmin said and they agreed again.

After fooling around a little more, they started focusing on the task at hand.

They diligently learnt each other group's dance and they refused to take a break until they settled the details as well.

The artistic director stood ouside the practice room for a good 5 minutes. He observed them and smiled as he saw how hardworking they were.

'They will become big when they debut in the future.' The artistic director concluded in his head as he walked back to the office.

----------

Yuna and Eunha walked into the audio theatre. It was the first mass lesson for vocalists of the semester.

The found seats up higher up the theatre and settled down, waiting for the other students to settle down. Coincidentally, Seokmin and his other fellow vocalist classmate sat infront Yuna and she gave a smile.

The vocal instructor came and started setting up for her lecture. She had a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Settle down, students! You can save your excitement for later!" She announced through the microphone and Eunha had a raised eyebrow.

"I think she is planning something." Eunha whispered into Yuna's ear. Yuna turned to her and raised her eyebrows. "She looks too excited for a vocal lecture." Eunha explained.

The vocal instructor took her microphone again and students quietned as soon as they saw her walking forward.

"This is our first mass lecture of the semester. So, to make this lecture memorable, I'll be selecting, with the help of a generator, a few students to sing for us. I have shortlisted some students beforehand so I have hopes that the generator makes wise choices."

The moment the vocal instructor said that, there were mixed responses. There were students cheering and clapping, and there were also students like Yuna who was freaking out.

'Oh my, please let it not be me!' Yuna screamed in her head and she became a statue. Eunha waved her hand in front of Yuna's face to get her back into reality.

Seokmin and Eunha, wasn't like Yuna who had an extreme reaction but they were neutral about it.

The vocal instructor clicked the generator and everyone in the theatre held in their breaths. 6 names were shown on the screen and the theatre started clapping.

Seokmin couldn't tear his eyes away from the screen while Eunha sighed with relief and turned to Yuna. Seokmin's classmates beside him started pointing to the screen and wouldn't stop shaking with excitement.

Yuna froze and her jaw dropped. Like Seokmin, her eyes couldn't belive what she was seeing. 

"Yuna, are you alright?" Seokmin turned and asked cautiously and Yuna faced Seokmin. Yuna nodded and drank some water, trying to compose herself.

Besides their rel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter