005. Determinations and Dreams

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 005. }
Determinations and Dreams

- Kim Sojung's P.O.V -

We just ended another bonding session with Seventeen. It was fun as usual.

"Goodbye, GFriend!" Seventeen chorused as they waved to GFriend. "Goodbye, Seventeen!" My members and I waved back as we parted ways.

"GFriend, let's go for dinner together!" I announced and they cheered. Hwang Eun and Yewon started dancing around.

"What shall we eat?" Jung Eun asked and Yerin immediately said, "Chicken!"

"Let's go!" The younger half of GFriend made a 'Let's go' action and we all laughed.

Once we settled down at our favourite chicken place, we ordered our usual sets and waited for the chicken to come.

"Ah, I'm so tired." Yuna said as she slouched in her seat. "Not surprising, you were against Kwon Soonyoung." Yerin looked at Yuna, laughing.

"And you managed to beat him." Hwang Eun added. The whole table laughed.

"Since Seventeen is dragged into the conversation so quickly, Sojung, is there anything going on between you and Seungcheol?" Jung Eun rested her chin on her hands, her elbows propped up the table.

Yewon and Hwang Eun followed suit. I blinked at the three in front of me with the same pose.

From my peripheral vision, I could see Yuna and Yerin looking puzzled.

"What are you saying? He's my classmate and a fellow leader friend." I answered simply with a casual smile and the three infront leaned forward and I moved back slightly.

"You guys are acting weird." I continued and Hwang Eun spoke.

"Are you sure? You two have been really close these few weeks." Hwang Eun and tilted her head slightly. Yewon and Jung Eun nodded their heads. Yuna and Yerin caught on quickly and now all of their attention was on me.

"Well, we have to discuss leader stuff so it's natural that we have to be close." I reasoned earnestly and took a sip of my drink.

"At this rate, you two might be the leader couple!" Yewon said and I choked immediately.

"C-couple? Oh my, You guys have become crazier after hanging out with Seventeen!" I said as I tried to stop my coughs. The other members laughed.

"We were crazy to begin with!" Yerin patted my back. "Seventeen is such a fun group! Of course, we'll get crazier!" Hwang Eun said.

"Are you guys having fun with Seventeen around?" I asked and they nodded immediately. I felt relieved, I was so worried that our collaboration would affect our group dynamics but I actually like our two groups having fun together

"That was my wish!" I told them they gave me thumbs up. 

Our chicken came and I decided to change the attention.

"Yah, Hwang Eun ah, how was the photoshoot with Mingyu?" I asked with a small smirk and took a bite of my chicken.

Hwang Eun was about to send a piece of her chicken into but her hand froze. 

Although it was faint, I could see a tinge of pink on her cheeks. "Ya, Hwang Eun, what happened there?" Yerin asked, already finishing one of her chicken.

"We-we just took photos!" Hwang Eun stuttered. Is she embarrassed? Our Hwang Eunbi is never nervous but why is she stuttering suddenly?

"When will the photos be out?" Yewon asked and Hwang Eun shrugged. "I don't know too!" Hwang Eun said before stuffing the chicken in so that she will be spared from talking.

"Oh Yuna, you and Seokmin are becoming close!" Jung Eun said and I looked up to Jung Eun, Yuna and Yerin did the same.

Why are they pairing us with Seventeen members? 

Now it was Yuna's turn to be flustered and she used her pinky to shift her bangs. 

"Ah..er..Ye.." Yuna started and we waited for her to continue.

"The truth is..." Yuna started and almost all of us dropped our chicken and we all looked at her, our eyes filled with anticipation. Yuna sounds so serious!

"Seokmin and I have been studying together alone occasionally." Yuna said looked at all of our faces. "Wow, you guys are all becoming close to Seventeen members..." Yerin trailed off and Hwang Eun, Yuna and I turned to her. What is that girl saying?

"Yerin ah, you are also very close to a Seventeen member." I pointed out. "It's really different! Your relationships with the respective member have such a romantic connotation!" Yerin pointed out and took a sip of her cola.

I raised an eyebrow slightly. What is she trying to say?

"That's not the case for me! Wonwoo and I are just friends. Nothing will happen. Wonwoo.." Yerin trailed off again. This time she feels distant.

Okay, I am calling this the Seventeen effect. Seventeen sure knows how make a strong impact on my members. Now I am curious who will actually end up together first.

Wait, Yuna and Seokmin are having private study sessions together, alone. Wow.

- Yoon Junghan's P.O.V -

A few days have passed and it was another usual school day.

Jisoo, Seungcheol and I were walking to class and as we were entering, we met Sojung. Soung flashed a smile at us and waved before walking to her seat.

I couldn't help notice Seungcheol's gaze on Sojung. Sojung is really pretty, maybe that's why he can't stop looking, I'll admit that I get mesmerised by her too, occasionally, but I always find Seungcheol's eyes looking to Sojung at times.

But I am very sure that every 5-10 minutes, Seungcheol would look at Sojung.

"Ya, Jisoo ah?" I tapped Jisoo gently. "Yeah?" Jisoo said out and looked at Junghan. "Cheolie looks at Sojung way too often."

"Is that so?" Jisoo raised an eyebrow and blinked at me. I nodded my head with a reply.

"You see a lot of girls looking at us, but Seungcheol never really looks at other girls besides Sojung." I reasoned and Jisoo nodded his head. "He and Sojung are becoming close too." Jisoo said and I nodded again.

"You guys do stand a chance of winning the bet now." Jisoo pointed out and I laughed. If Cheolie wins, we don't have to do the penalty!

After the end of class, Seungcheol walked up to me and Jisoo. 

"Junghan, Jisoo ah, I need to visit the artistic director with Sojung. I'll be back in a bit." Seungcheol said and the other we smiled. "Goodbye, Cheolie! See you later!" we waved to the two leaders before walking off to the cafeteria to wait for the other members.

"Seungcheol seems more happier these days, don't you think so?" Jisoo pointed out and I nodded. "Yeah, I noticed too."

"I can't identify the reason but he just seems to radiate a lot more energy." I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter