001. The start of something new.

Iridescent Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ 001. }
The start of something new.

- Choi Yuna's P.O.V -

"Class, pack up your stuff, it's seat rearrangement day." The teacher announced and clapped her hands, in an attempt to get us to pack our belongings faster.

I shoved my belongings in my bag and waited for the teacher's signal. We then stood in a line infront of the blackboard and waited  as the teacher held out a paper and started reading off names, assigning us to new seats.

"Choi Yuna." 

I looked up to the teacher and followed her hand pointing to a window seat.

As soon as I sat down, another name was called and he walked in my direction. He carefully took a seat beside me and I gave a small smile. 

My table partner is none other than Lee Seokmin, the cheerful, fun-loving boy, who does occasionally fall asleep in class. But when he does sleep in class, he looks like a cute kid.

I've never had much interaction with him, since he used to seat at that other end of the classroom. But we do acknowledge each other's presence with a nod.

When the teacher was done with the new seating plan, she told the class with a hint of strictness, "This will be your seating plan for this semester. No changing of seats." and proceeded with her lesson.

As soon as the teacher ended the class, the bell rang. Students stood up and started leaving. I started packing my stuff but being the clumsy me, I accidentally pushed my pencil case off my desk and my pens started cascading down thin air.

I knelt down to pick up my pens and realised Seokmin was doing the same too, he picked up some of my pens and handed them to me with a smile

"Thank you, Seokmin-ssi." I said with a slight bow and zipped up my pencil case. "You're welcome, don't need to be formal with me." Seokmin said with a laugh and I chuckled and nodded, "That goes for me too." I said and continued packing my bag.

Seokmin didn't leave but I felt his gaze watching me as I kept my stuff.

"I hope you're not disappointed that I'm your table partner." I told him, in an attempt to make things less awkward between us. "Why would I be? I think it's great you're my new table partner." Seokmin said as he readjusted the strap of his bag. I froze for a second.

Wow, I have never heard anyone telling me that before.

"That's nice to hear." I told him honestly as I carried my bagpack.

"You're from GFriend right?" Seokmin asked and I nodded, and asked him the same question, "And you're from Seventeen right?"

He nodded his head again and extended his hand. I extended out my hand and shook his. "Let's do well together, as table partners!" Seokmin said and I nodded. 

I looked into my watch. It has been 10 minutes since the bell rang and we were now walking down the hallway together trying to find our respective groups.

"I do notice you falling asleep in class sometimes," I asked as we looked out for our groups. Seokmin rubbed his neck sheepishly and nodded, slightly embarrassed.

"My previous partner didn't even bother to wake me up when I dozed off. She was only occupied with writing her notes." Seokmin told me with some annoyance in his voice.

"It's alright, I'll wake you up if you do fall asleep in class." I reassured him and he patted my back. "I'm already liking my table partner more." Seokmin said and flashed his smile and eyesmile.

Just right after that, I heard our names being called.

- Narrator's P.O.V -

Sojung looked at the large clock at the foyer and asked Jung Eunbi, "Jung Eun, where's Yuna?"

Jung Eunbi shrugged her shoulders and replied the older girl, "I have no idea, we're not in the same class."

"Yuna is rarely late." Yerin commented and Hwang Eunbi and Yewon nodded their heads.

Meanwhile just 10 metres away, Seventeen was also looking for their last member.

"If it wasn't for the unusual lack of noise, I could have easily thought all of us were present." Jihoon mentioned as Seungcheol counted the number of members again.

"What is Seokmin up to now?" Wonwoo casually joked but he received no response from the members.

Mingyu, who happened to be staring at the hallway caught sight of two figures walking in the direction of the foyer. 

"A girl." Mingyu replied Wonwoo and Wonwoo followed his gaze. Seungcheol turned around and called out Seokmin's name.

Just as Seungcheol called out Seokmin's name, 'Yuna' was called out by Sojung, who also caught sight of her member.

Sojung and Seungcheol glanced at each other upon hearing each other voices  before turning to their respective member.

Seokmin was still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter