2nd piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The next morning, Jimin was sitting in class and thinking about Jin. The latter was definitely difficult to describe, but one thing's for sure to Jimin; Jin's nice. The older could have just left Jimin's name tag on the floor, he didn't have to bother with it. And when Jimin knocked him over in the hall, Jin could have easily beat him up or cursed him out but he didn't. All in all, the only scary thing about Jin was his appearance.


Jimin rested his chin on the palm of his hand and blankly stared at the blackboard in the front, where the teacher was currently explaining something. He wonders if he should approach Jin and be friends with the older, seeing as he's always alone. Jin had transferred to this school the previous year and Jimin had spotted him a few weeks later. Since then, Jimin found himself staring at the older more and more. Yet all he knows is Jin's name and what grade he's in.


He, along with the other students, don't know what high school Jin had come from, they don't know what kind of person he is, and they don't know how he's able to keep decent grades. Because as far as Jimin's heard, Jin's kind of a lazy student. The older would be seen wandering the halls during class time and when he was in class, he would either be sleeping or not paying attention.


Jimin was brought out of his thoughts by the bell, he packed up his things and slung the strap of his book bag over his shoulder. He walked out of the classroom and started walking towards his next class, but an arm suddenly shot out right in front of him and made him stop. Jimin looked up at the owner of the arm and smiled when he saw Taehyung grinning back at him.


"Guess what I did." said Taehyung, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.
 

"You finally mastered math?" guessed Jimin playfully.
 

"Nah, I gave up on that once the alphabet started getting involved." replied Taehyung with a laugh, "I talked to Jin and found out a few things about him."
 

"When did you talk to him?" asked Jimin with furrowed brows.
 

"I, uh... kind of skipped my first class." admitted Taehyung sheepishly, smiling nervously when he got glared at.
 

"But I put that time to good use!" said Taehyung with big eyes, "I saw Jin sitting on the stairs going to the third floor and decided to talk to him."
 

"What did you find out?" asked Jimin, his annoyance at his friend skipping class being replaced with curiosity.
 

"Well, it was hard talking to him at first because he kept giving me short worded answers." said Taehyung with furrowed brows, "Anyway, he came from a private school that's out of the city and he's nineteen."
 

"I noticed he didn't have a book bag or books, so I asked him about it. He said he didn't need them." said Taehyung.
 

"The books are probably in his locker." said Jimin.
 

"Maybe, but I've never seen him with them." said Taehyung with a shrug, then scratched the back of his head in confusion, "Jin's kind of weird, now that I think about it. He answered all of my questions without complaining, but he never asked anything back. He just stared at me."
 

The tardy bell rang just then, so they said a quick farewell for now and each scurried off to their classes. Jimin's mind was full of questions once again by the time he reached his classroom and took his seat. Well, at least now he knows a little more about Jin. Like his age, Jin is two years older than Jimin and Taehyung. And his previous school, Jimin now knows Jin went to a private school before this.
 

There were still things he wanted to know, but Jimin knew if he wanted real answers he would have to go to the source. The thought of approaching Jin on his own made him a little nervous yet he felt a little excited. He may not have the same skills as Taehyung when it comes to talking to someone new, but Jimin's willing to give it a try if it meant his questions would be answered. He then suddenly got this feeling of being watched. Jimin looked around the classroom at his classmates, but they were busy paying attention or taking notes.
 

Something told him to look towards the classroom door, so he did. His heart pounded hard in his chest when he saw Jin lingering by the open door, his eyes looking directly at Jimin. The latter quickly averted his gaze and when he looked back, he blinked in confusion when no one was there. Did he just imagine seeing Jin? He was just thinking about the older, but was that enough to actually imagine he was there?
 

Shaking his head a bit to pull himself together, Jimin looked towards the front to pay attention. He once again felt the feeling of being watched, but didn't dare look towards the door. Jimin heard a few light knocks and looked over despite himself, confused once more when he saw no one was there. He looked at his classmates and his confusion turned to uneasiness when he didn't see anyone else looking towards the door. Was it just him who heard the knocking?


Jimin was left with a sense of faint nervousness for the rest of the lesson.


==============================

Please log in to read the full chapter