3rd piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The rest of the way went by without any more weird happenings and Jimin now had to deal with a clingy and worried Taehyung. He had vaguely mentioned the knocking he had heard in the classroom and Taehyung started rambling about this rumor that there was a ghost in the school. Typical ghost story of a former student haunting the halls and all that jazz. Jimin knew the story well and didn't really believe it, but he humored Taehyung and just nodded along.
 

They were currently heading towards the exit when they heard faint footsteps from behind, they turned and saw Jin walking in their direction. Phone in hand and a frown on his face as he scrolled away.
 

"Hi, Jin!" greeted Taehyung cheerfully.
 

Jin looked up and didn't seem surprised to see them as he simply nodded his head in greeting before going back to his phone. When he walked past, Jimin could swear he heard incoherent whispers coming from the older. Furrowing his brows, Jimin followed Jin with his eyes and the latter looked over his shoulder at the same time. They made eye contact and Jimin was taken aback when Jin slightly narrowed his eyes at him, as if in warning, before turning his face away.
 

"Wow..." breathed Taehyung in surprise, Jimin looked at him and saw his friend staring wide eyed at Jin's retreating back.
 

"Did he just glare at you?" asked Taehyung as he looked at Jimin, his eyebrows raised.
 

"It looked like it." said Jimin, just as surprised.
 

"But why? You haven't talked to him at all since yesterday, have you?" asked Taehyung with a curious furrow of his brows.
 

Jimin just shook his head, wondering what that look was about. This whole day was just weird and all Jimin wanted was to go home and relax. They walked out of the school and Jimin asked Taehyung if he wanted to come over, the latter excitedly agreed and were on their way.
 

"You look like you're doing better." commented Taehyung with a smile as he placed a hand at the back of his friend's head.
 

"I feel better." said Jimin with a smile of his own.
 

Taehyung chuckled as he brought Jimin close for a brief side hug before letting his arm rest around his shoulders. They walked in a peaceful silence and just enjoyed their surroundings, a sunny afternoon with a nice breeze. As they neared Jimin's house, Taehyung was trying to get Jimin to stop somewhere so he could get something for Jimin's parents. But the latter flat out refused.
 

"I can't just show up empty handed, Jimin! What would your parents think of me?!" complained Taehyung.
 

"They already think of you as a second son, Taehyung, what more do you want?" said Jimin with a laugh.
 

"I-I know that, but still... it's good manners." mumbled Taehyung with a silly smile, his cheeks turning a little pink.
 

"Fine." said Jimin with a mock defeated sigh, he doesn't know why he even puts up a fight when both know he'll let Taehyung win.
 

Taehuyng's face lit up and took Jimin's hand before leading them towards the bakery they were approaching. Stepping inside, Jimin just knew this was going to be expensive and was about to drag Taehyung out when the latter let go of his hand and wandered off. Jimin exhaled through his nose and just followed his friend, a hand on the back of Taehyung's shirt to tug in case the latter wanted to get something ridiculous. Which has happened before.
 

"By the way..." started Jimin as he looked at the displays of pastries, Taehyung just gave a hum to let his friend know he was listening as he made up his mind on what to get.
 

"Um, I don't know if you've ever experienced this, but... what does it mean when you keep seeing the same person everywhere, but you two have no reason to be crossing paths?" asked Jimin.
 

"You could be unconsciously stalking them." replied Taehyung with a grin, "Or they might be purposefully following you."
 

"W-What if you're not sure if you actually saw them?" asked Jimin, Taehyung looked over and his smile disappeared when he saw his friend with a conflicted look on his face.
 

"You mean like your eyes playing tricks on you?" he asked back, Jimin nodded without looking up.
 

"Well, that's a tough one." said Taehyung thoughtfully, "You might just be thinking about that person too hard."
 

"I thought that, too, but I wasn't thinking too much about him at the time and all of a sudden, he was right there by the door of the classroom staring at me." said Jimin.
 

"Who?" asked Taehyung with a curious furrow of his brows.


Jimin hesitated for a moment, but he might as well tell Taehyung everything now that he let the cat out of the bag.
 

"I was in class this morning and I was thinking about Jin and how to approach him because I... kind of want to be friends with him." started Jimin, then looked up to see if Taehyung was going to say something witty.
 

When his friend just motioned for him to continue, Jimin's shoulders relaxed as he proceeded.
 

"Um, I got this weird feeling of being watched so I looked around. No one was looking at me, but then I got this feeling to look at the door. I look over and see Jin just standing there and staring at me." said Jimin, his grip on Taehyung's shirt unconsciously tightening.
 

"I looked away for a bit and when I looked back, he wasn't there anymore. I didn't even look away long enough for him to leave." he said, remembering how strange it all was.
 

"That is weird..." said Taehyung, a light frown on his face.
 

"That's not all." said Jimin as he looked up at his friend with big eyes, "I then heard knocking on the door, but it's like I was the only one who heard it. I look over again and there wasn't anyone there."
 

"You know... spirits can manifest in the form of people or animals. Maybe the school ghost turned into Jin just to scare you." said Taehyung earnestly; he seriously believes in those things.
 

"Out of everyone, why would a ghost turn into Seokjin just to scare me?" asked Jimin skeptically.
 

"They're odd that way." said Taehyung with a shrug, "It could have also been a poltergeist, those usually go around making noise when there are unwanted people in their territory."
 

"Taehyung..." said Jimin, biting his lip to stifle the smile threatening to come out.
 

"Say what you want, Jimin, but they do exist." said Taehyung with a grin, he knows Jimin puts up with his supernatural talks just to be nice and he was okay with that.
 

"I'm still back where I started, though." said Jimin with a laugh.
 

"Wait a minute... was this why you were acting weird on the stairs?" asked Taehyung with a tilt of his head.
 

"Yeah, I saw Seokjin again at the bottom of the stairs. When I looked at you and then looked back, he was gone. So I went to see if he was actually there, but I didn't see him anywhere and it really freaked me out." said Jimin, he stayed quiet for a moment before shaking his head with a lost look.
 

Please log in to read the full chapter