11th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook was out in the academy's courtyard, sitting at one of the tables and doing some homework, when a shadow loomed over him. Having an idea of who it could be, he hesitantly looked up and was proven right when he saw none other than Hoseok. The latter had his mask on and Jungkook has always wondered why the older wears it, but it has never occurred to him to ask. Hoseok wordlessly placed something down on the table and simply walked away, not once looking back. Confused, Jungkook watched the older go for a moment before looking at the item.
 

It was a carton of chocolate milk, Jungkook saw a sticky note attached to it and read the neat writing.
 

Study well.
 

Raising a suspicious eyebrow, Jungkook looked towards the direction Hoseok had gone and pondered. What has gotten into the older? First it was him backing off yesterday and now this? There had to be a reason why Hoseok was suddenly being like this and Jungkook wondered if he should try and figure out what it was. But... it is kind of nice having some breathing room for once, so he decided to leave things alone for now.
 

Jungkook went back to his homework and finished half an hour later, he then remembered the milk Hoseok had left for him. Detaching the note from the carton, Jungkook looked at it again before smiling a bit and stuck it on the inside of his notebook. He then opened the carton and took a few sips, the cool temperature of the drink mixed with the sweetness completely refreshing him. Jungkook placed the half empty carton down on the table with a content sigh and started gathering his things. When he was done, he downed the rest of the milk before tossing the empty carton in a nearby trash can and slung on his book bag over his shoulders.
 

Feeling re-energized, Jungkook got up and headed to his next class with a light bounce to his step.


===========================================


Jungkook was at his locker and putting his things away when he felt a light tap on his shoulder, he looked over and saw Hoseok standing there. The latter wordlessly held out a single white rose and when Jungkook hesitantly took it, he turned and walked away. Jungkook blinked in confusion as he watched Hoseok go, then looked at the flower in his hand. There was a thin white string tied to the stem that had a note attached, he lifted the small paper and read its contents.
 

Let's start over.
 

Jungkook bit his lip in thought as he mulled it over. Was there some sort of cryptic meaning behind all of this or is Hoseok simply being sincere? Maybe the latter is trying to make amends and Jungkook was just over thinking it... Right? Jungkook sighed in frustration as he shook his head and closed his locker, deciding to get a second opinion on this. He looked at his watch and knew exactly where Namjoon would be, so he teleported to the other building since it was much faster for him.
 

Materializing in the boys' bathroom, Jungkook naturally stepped out and started his search for Namjoon. The latter usually liked to coop himself up in an empty classroom after his lessons and just read or play with his fire; for what reason, Jungkook didn't know. He reached one of the empty classrooms at the end of the hall and peeked inside, spotting Namjoon sitting at a desk in the back corner. The room was dark and the older was leaning back in his chair, a small ball of fire floating atop his open palm.
 

"Namjoon." called Jungkook as he stepped inside and closed the door behind him.
 

The older looked up and smiled when he saw Jungkook approaching, the latter sat at the desk in front of his friend and looked at the flame with a little grin.
 

"Can I?" he asked as he placed his hand palm up on Namjoon's desk.
 

"Sure." said the latter with a chuckle.
 

He brought up his other hand and rotated the flame so the ball of fire was now hovering between both hands before bringing it close enough to Jungkook's hand. The latter felt the warmth radiating from the base of the flame and his face lit up with a smile. Namjoon then wiggled his fingers and the flames gravitated towards them until his hands were ablaze, making Jungkook's eyes widen with fascination. The older then furled his fingers into a fist and the flames went out, he then blew on his other hand and those flames also went out.
 

"Wah~ That was so cool!" said Jungkook with an impressed look as he clapped.
 

"Thanks." said Namjoon with a chuckle.
 

"So, you've finally mastered how to do smoke free fire." stated Jungkook, noticing the air was clean.
 

"Yup." said Namjoon with a proud look, "Chanyeol's been helping me out after class every day for about a week now and I just barely got it right yesterday."
 

"Chanyeol?" said Jungkook with a curious tilt of his head, "Isn't he the one you're always going at it with for first place in your department?"
 

"The same one." said Namjoon with a laugh, then waved his hand with a good natured smile, "But it's just friendly competition, he and I actually get along really well."
 

Jungkook just gave a hum in response, he looked at his hands and remembered why he had come searching for Namjoon. He held up the rose for Namjoon to see and the latter raised his eyebrows questioningly.
 

"Secret admirer?" he asked.
 

"More like obvious admirer." said Jungkook with a snort as he lowered his hand.
 

"I didn't take Hoseok for the flower giving type." said Namjoon with a grin.
 

"Me neither." mumbled Jungkook, his eyes on the white petals as his finger trailed down the stem.
 

He didn't notice the thorns until he felt a sharp pain in his finger and hissed as he pulled his hand back.
 

"You okay?" asked Namjoon as he sat up straight.
 

"Yeah, just pricked myself." replied Jungkook as he applied pressure to his bleeding finger.
 

"Come on, let's go rinse that off." said Namjoon as he got up while grabbing his book bag from the floor.
 

Jungkook nodded and got up as well, following the older as he led the way to the bathroom. Setting down his book bag beside the sink, Namjoon the faucet and guided Jungkook's injured finger under the running water. He then got some paper towels from the dispenser and let the water run for a minute before shutting the water off. Jungkook just watched as Namjoon dried his hand and held the paper towels against his finger as he rummaged through his book bag with one hand. He pulled out a box of band aids and placed it on the sink before going back and pulled out a small spray bottle of antiseptic.
 

"This is going to sting a bit." warned Namjoon as he threw o

Please log in to read the full chapter