25th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Namjoon was sitting on the living room couch, his hands clasped atop his lap and his eyes trained steadily on Taehyung. The latter knew he was being stared at from where he was standing, Namjoon wasn't being discreet, but blatantly ignored it as he kept his own eyes elsewhere. While they were in the car, Namjoon wanted to wrap his arms around Taehyung's waist so badly and pull the younger back against his chest. But he didn't and it was driving him crazy, so he had talked with Jungkook in hopes to distract himself. The younger told him Jimin had seen the flame in his hand, something he was completely unaware of, which answered why Jungkook had suddenly covered him.
 

Jin had also given him a look in the car that Namjoon understood too well, without having his friend go into his mind and scold him for being reckless. Namjoon let out a soft scoff as he finally tore his gaze from Taehyung and looked down at his hands instead, curling his fingers into loose fists before opening them again. Fire lit up from both palms and Namjoon concentrated, making the flames grow a little bigger. He held his hands up so the flames were at his eye level and lightly blew at them, causing them to dance and flicker a bit. Namjoon then brought his hands together and the flames joined together, enveloping his hands.
 

Feeling the couch dip beside him, Namjoon looked over without breaking concentration and saw Yoongi staring at the fire in fascination. He then looked to where Taehyung was, but the latter was gone; probably in the kitchen with Jungkook.
 

"Can you throw the flames?" asked Yoongi.
 

"I can, but I have to be careful." replied Namjoon, turning his attention back to his hands, "If there's wind, the flames sometimes won't listen to me and go wherever they want."
 

"Can I try something with them?" asked Yoongi.
 

"No." said Namjoon, feeling suspicious.
 

"It's nothing bad, I promise." said Yoongi with a laugh.
 

Namjoon gave it a second thought and agreed, but only if they went outside. Yoongi right away agreed to it and Namjoon put out the fire, leaving no traces of it behind. They stepped into the kitchen and Yoongi asked Taehyung if there was a private spot outside his house.
 

"Follow me." said Taehyung, his eyes wary as he led the way towards the back door.
 

Jungkook tagged along, curious as to what was going on as the other three stepped outside the house. Taehyung stepped down the concrete steps and merely spread out his arms in a lazy manner to the rather spacious yard. The other three saw a nicely kept garden on one side and a cement pathway on the other with a well kept lawn in between. The beige wooden fence circling the perimeter was perfect, it was tall enough and no one could peek through the pickets.
 

"This private enough for you?" asked Taehyung as he looked over his shoulder at Yoongi, who grinned in return while giving a thumbs up.
 

"Why do you want privacy, Yoongi?" asked Jungkook curiously.
 

"Because I wanted to see if I can control Namjoon's fire." replied Yoongi while still grinning.
 

Jungkook's eyes grew big as he let out an interested 'Oh~' while Taehyung looked over at Namjoon, who had an unsure expression as he scratched the back of his head.
 

"Have you ever tried controlling elements before?" asked Taehyung, his eyes going over to Yoongi again.
 

"Never." deadpanned the latter.
 

"Then you should try with something less dangerous and flammable, I don't want you messing up and burning my mom's garden." said Taehyung with a frown.
 

Yoongi raised his eyebrows at Taehuyng before taking a look around the yard, he then looked back at the younger and shrugged.
 

"Good point." he said.
 

"There's a hose over there." said Taehyung as he pointed at it, "Water won't do much damage."
 

"I'll get it!" said Jungkook rather enthusiastically as he ran over.
 

Namjoon looked at Taehyung, who happen to look over at the same time, and gave him a small smile. Taehyung, seeming flustered, quickly averted his gaze while clearing his throat just as Jungkook had come back with the hose in his hands. The green hose had a matching black and green nozzle, so it was set to go.
 

"Okay, Jungkook, stay there and just spray water straight ahead." instructed Yoongi as he went to stand beside the youngest, "I'll try to make it move in a different direction."
 

Jungkook nodded and pressed the handle, making water spray out a moment later. Taehyung went to sit on the steps and propped his chin on his palm while Namjoon remained standing, curious to see if this would actually work. Yoongi had a concentrated look on his face as he stared hard at the water, almost like he was glaring at it. The other three saw how some of the water drizzled to the left before it curved to the left in unison, as if the water was going through an invisible 'L' pipe.
 

"Whoa~ That's so cool!" exclaimed Jungkook, a big smile lighting up his face.
 

"Thanks." said Yoongi with a grin, he took his eyes off the still cu

Please log in to read the full chapter