24th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jimin's been feeling odd all morning, none of his teachers had commented on his absence yesterday and it was actually creeping him out. He was just given the assignments he had missed and that was it, no questions and no suspicion. It was lunch time and as Jimin walked towards his locker to put his books away, he was pondering a few things.
 

"Heads up!" exclaimed Taehyung's cheerful voice.
 

Jimin looked up with a startled blink and just barely managed to catch the orange his friend had thrown. He made it to his locker and gave a grinning Taehyung a playful push.
 

"What if I hadn't caught it?" demanded Jimin, but he was smiling.
 

"Then you would have gotten an orange to the face." replied Taehyung with a shrug, then started laughing when Jimin began to repeatedly hit him.
 

They settled down and Jimin opened his locker to put his books away while Taehyung had taken the orange and was peeling it. Feeling a tap on his shoulder, Jimin looked over and was faced with an orange slice. He accepted it without hesitation and turned his attention back to the contents of his locker. When he was done, Jimin closed the locker and another slice appeared in front of him. He accepted it again and heard a chuckle beside him, he looked over and saw Taehyung with a happy grin on his face.
 

"You're so cute~" he cooed and leaned in to nuzzle against Jimin's cheek, causing the latter to giggle at the ticklish sensation.
 

Taehyung pulled away and continued to feed Jimin the orange, the latter not protesting in any way. When he finished the orange, Taehyung carelessly stuffed the orange peels into his book bag and ignored the disapproving look from Jimin by grinning innocently.
 

"Be sure you don't forget you have that in there." said Jimin as they now walked towards the cafeteria.


Taehyung childishly mimicked what he said and Jimin took a menacing step towards him while raising a fist, both then shared a laugh and continued their way. Inside the cafeteria, Jimin went to sit at their usual table while Taehyung went to get the food. He sat down and couldn't help but look over towards where Jin usually say, unconsciously pouting when he didn't see the older. He hasn't seen Jin at all and wondered if he was even here today. Jimin then gave a startled jump when he felt hands land on his shoulders and craned his neck up, Jin was smiling down at him.
 

"Where were you all morning?" asked Jimin curiously as Jin gave his shoulders a light squeeze before taking a seat in front of him.
 

"I kind of fell asleep in the library." replied Jin with a sheepish look, "I was going to take a quick nap, but that nap ended up being way longer than I thought."
 

"How did the librarian not see you?" asked Jimin in disbelief.
 

"I was really well hidden between the bookshelves." said Jin with a grin.
 

"Don't say that so proudly." scolded Jimin with a disapproving look, making the older laugh.
 

Jin then let out a content sigh and leaned back against the chair while still looking at Jimin, a gentle smile on his face.
 

"You look nice today." he complimented.
 

"T-Thank you." said Jimin with a shy smile as he looked down at his hands on the table, he then remembered what he had wanted to say and looked at the older again.
 

"Um, by the way..." he began, his heart fluttering when Jin right away sat up to give his full attention, "I did a lot of thinking yesterday and I... sort of discovered something."


"There's this possibility that I... might like you, too... I think." said Jimin, then looked off to the side, "I didn't know whether or not to tell you this because I didn't want to give you false hope, but I also felt like I owed you an answer."
 

He then felt a warm hand over his and that tingling sensation spread throughout his hand before it spread up his whole arm, making his heart skip a beat as he looked at Jin. The latter was looking back at him with so much affection in his eyes that it was impossible not to blush. When Jin lightly brushed his thumb across the back of Jimin's hand, the latter's breath softly caught in his throat and his heart gave another jolt. What was this feeling?
 

"This is only a part of why I like you." said Jin, his gentle voice awakening something in the younger, "You're so considerate towards everything and everyone, even when you don't have to be. And your selflessness is something I've never seen before."
 

Jimin has never been praised like this before and it truly touched his heart knowing someone thought so well of him. All he wanted was to make other people happy and if that meant leaving himself last, then so be it. He never does things just to get something in return, he does them because he sincerely wants to help. Even when he's feeling at his lowest, Jimin smiles through his pain and tears because he doesn't want to worry anyone.
 

"You're beautiful inside and out, Jimin, never forget that." said Jin with a tender smile.
 

A wave of emotion shook up Jimin's being completely and he suddenly felt like crying, but suppressed it and gave a shaky smile instead. Though it didn't last long and seconds later, there were stubborn tears rolling down his face.
 

"I'm sorry." whispered Jimin, trying to laugh it off as he wiped his cheeks with his free hand, "I don't know why I'm suddenly... I-I'm sorry."


"It's okay, Jimin." soothed Jin as he softly the back of the younger's hand.
 

Jimin took off his glasses so he could properly dry his eyes and sniffled a bit while Jin raised his other hand to run his fingers through the younger's hair. W

Please log in to read the full chapter