13th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

After a while, they had dinner and the mood was much more cheery. Jimin and Taehyung had helped prepare the food and after they were finished eating, they washed the dishes.
 

"I'll be heading to work now." said Taehyung's mom as she headed towards the front door.
 

She grabbed her coat and turned to look at the boys, who had followed to see her off, and put her hands on her hips as she gave them a stern look.
 

"I'll be getting out late, so I don't want to come home and see you boys still awake, understand?" she said.
 

The other two just nodded with big grins on their faces, making her shake her head in amusement as a smile appeared on her face. She gave each a hug goodbye and was out the door, they watched her get into her car from the window and didn't move until the car was out of sight.
 

"So, what do you want to do now?" asked Jimin as he looked at his friend.
 

"How about we watch those movies you didn't see last time?" suggested Taehyung with a mischievous grin.
 

"Taehyung, if I have nightmares, I'm going to -"
 

"You won't!" interrupted Taehyung while still grinning as he pulled Jimin towards himself and squeezed him tight, "I'll protect you from the monsters, okay?"
 

Jimin could only laugh and simply nodded just to humor his friend, Taehyung pulled away and quickly ran to his room to get the movies. He came back and dumped the DVDs on the coffee table before disappearing into the kitchen. Jimin sat on the couch and picked up a movie, grimacing when he saw it was about zombies. Taehyung came back into the living room with his arms full of snacks and drinks, which he also dumped onto the coffee table before setting up the television. Jimin reached out and grabbed a can of soda, he took a few sips while leaning back on the couch.
 

"Which one do you want to watch first?" asked Taehyung with a grin as he knelt in front of the coffee table across from Jimin.
 

"None of them." replied the latter with a pout.
 

"Oh, come on! They're not that bad." complained Taehyung with a pout of his own.
 

"Why does that one have a clown on the cover?" asked Jimin with big eyes as he pointed at the movie.
 

"He's the villain." replied Taehyung with a grin as he picked it up, "It's about how he comes into town every twenty seven years to feed and these kids try to get rid of him."
 

"Pass." said Jimin right away while making an 'x' with his arms.
 

"Tch, baby." said Taehyung with a little smirk, but he set it down anyway and picked up another one, "This is about a leprechaun and what happens when you take his gold."
 

"You made me see that one already." said Jimin as he fidgeted a little, "Remember? It made me jittery afterwards and every little sound scared me."
 

He then frowned when Taehyung started laughing and leaned forward to put his soda can on the coffee table. He then grabbed a bag of chips and threw it at his friend, who laughed some more before finally composing himself; he picked up a third option and held it out to Jimin.
 

"This one's about a serial killer who puts his soul into a doll after being fatally shot." said Taehuyng, then grinned teasingly, "Do you have something against dolls?"
 

Jimin sent him a glare before taking the movie, he looked at the cover for a moment and then read the description in the back. It didn't look or sound too scary, so Jimin decided to give it a try and handed it back to Taehyung.
 

"Okay, let's watch this one." he said, making his friend's face light up as he got up and quickly put in the DVD.
 

Since it was getting dark outside, Taehyung turned off the rest of the lights to set the mood and got comfortable on the couch beside Jimin. The latter grabbed the blanket that was draped over the armrest and wrapped himself in it, Taehyung looked over while picking up the remote and just raised an eyebrow.
 

"Shut up." said Jimin defensively.
 

"I didn't say anything." said Taehyung with a shrug as he looked back at the t.v. while pressing play and leaned back against the couch.
 

"But you were thinking it." mumbled Jimin.
 

"What was I thinking?" asked Taehyung in amusement.
 

"That I'm being a baby." replied Jimin with a pout as he snuggled into the blanket, "Or that I'm a scaredy-cat."
 

Taehyung chuckled as he reached out an arm and wrapped it around Jimin's shoulders, pulling until the latter was leaning against him.
 

"It's okay if you're being a baby, Jimin." said Taehyung, then leaned in and whispered into his ear, "You can be my baby."
 

"What the hell, Taehyung?" said Jimin with a laugh and a cringe, then rubbed his arms under the blanket, "Ah~ that gave me goosebumps!"
 

"Good." said Taehyung with a grin.
 

Jimin rolled his eyes with a grin of his own and playfully shoved his friend, they then stopped joking around so they could watch the movie. As it played, Jimin saw that this movie wasn't that scary; it was actually kind of funny in some parts. The way the doll moved kind of creeped him out at first, but he got used to it and was able to enjoy himself. He had scooted forward to the edge of his seat, not noticing the blanket had slipped off and was now on the floor. When it was over, Jimin pouted and looked over his shoulder at Taehyung.
 

"It's over already?" he asked, a bit of disappointment in his voice.
 

"There's a part two, if you want to watch it." said Taehyung with a laugh.
 

Jimin nodded enthusiastically and looked through the movies, his eyes lighting up when he found it. He put the movie this time and when he went back to the couch, he picked up the blanket from the floor and draped it over Taehyung's lap before sitting down. The latter just gave him an amused look as he pressed play. Jimin got into this one as well and his eyes were big and attentive as he watched everything unfold. He would occasionally let out these cute exclamations of surprise and Taehyung would stifle his snickers when Jimin would suddenly grab his arm and ask if he saw that.
 

And when this movie was over, Jimin was full of questions.
 

"Is Voodoo a real thing?" asked Jimin as he looked at his friend with big eyes.
 

"If you believe in it, then yes." replied Taehyung, "But don't think it's just sticking pins into a doll that looks like the person you don't like, that's just... well, stupid."
 

"Then what is it?" asked Jimin curiously.
 

"Witchcraft." replied Taehyung as he sat up, "There are different ways of using it, but it all comes with a price. Black magic isn't something to be taken lightly and once you've dabbled in it, your soul's tainted."
 

"Sounds scary." said Jimin with a light shudder.
 

"It is." agreed Taehyung as he leaned forward and grabbed a soda can.
 

"Have you ever tried it?" asked Jimin with interest.
 

"Oh no. No, no, no." replied Taehyun

Please log in to read the full chapter