31st piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The next day in school, Jimin had trouble concentrating because he was too busy thinking about his pending date with Jin. At the time, he wanted to make up some excuse and run away. But he ended up agreeing and had scolded himself profusely when he got home. It's not that he didn't want to go on a date with Jin, it's just he still had a lot to think about. He can't seem to forget seeing that picture of Jin outside the office of the academy.
 

Jimin can't recall why the picture was there, but he distinctly remembers there being a class number and grade level under it. It took no genius to figure out Jin had once been a student of the academy. And the question lingering in Jimin's mind was... well, there were too many questions swimming in his mind.
 

This whole time, Jin had been passing off as a normal high schooler and pretending he didn't have any abilities. Jimin didn't know how to feel about that. It technically wasn't his business what Jin decided to keep from him, but at the same time weren't the two of them friends? When Jimin had found out about Jungkook, why didn't Jin say anything about himself? It was a good time to let out what he had been keeping.
 

But then again, Jimin understands why Jin would want to keep his ability a secret. Jungkook had looked so terrified when Jimin accidentally found his out, maybe Jin was the same way. He's had some suspicions, but never could have guessed Jin was from the academy. He had no idea that place even existed.
 

Jimin had kept his distance from the older yesterday so he could gather his thoughts and properly think about the things he'd discovered, but Jin was actually quite persistent. The bell rang, startling him out of his thoughts, and he started gathering his things. Standing up and slinging his book bag over his shoulder, Jimin looked up and saw the one who had been occupying his thoughts as of late.
 

Jin had his usual expressionless face as he fiddled with his phone while Jimin's classmates left the classroom. But when Jimin came closer, the older suddenly looked up and they locked gazes.
 

"I was thinking we could have lunch outside of school today." was the first thing he said.
 

"But we don't have off campus lunch." said Jimin, his brows furrowed.
 

"I know." said Jin with a mischievous grin.
 

He then look Jimin's hand and started walking, making the younger blink in surprise. They walked to a secluded part of the hall and after making sure no one was around, Jin turned towards Jimin and grinned again.
 

"I'm not leaving the school with you, Seokjin." said the younger while crossing his arms.
 

"Of course you're not." said Jin, "You'll be leaving with Jungkook."
 

"What?" asked Jimin in confusion.
 

Then, before anything could be processed, he felt a pair of arms wrap around him from behind and heard Jungkook's laugh before everything in front of him started to blur. The last thing he saw was Jin giving him a wink as he waved. It only took a mere second for Jimin to be outside the school's closed gates, Jungkook's arms still around him.
 

"Now, don't go anywhere." he playfully said, "I have to go back and get Jin."
 

Before Jimin could say anything, the younger let him go. He spun around just as Jungkook finished disappearing, leaving behind a faint red mist. It wasn't even five seconds when he was back with Jin.
 

"Thanks, Jungkook." said the older, looking too cheerful.
 

"Any time." said Jungkook, then looked at Jimin and grinned before waving goodbye and dematerialized once more.
 

"Did he disappear or teleport?" asked Jimin curiously.
 

"He teleported." replied Jin while looking at the spot Jungkook had just been, "You can tell the difference because he leaves this red mist, he doesn't do that when he simply disappears."
 

Jimin gave a hum of understanding before looking at Jin and gave him a push.
 

"If we get caught, I'm putting all of the blame on you." he warned.
 

"I was planning on taking the blame anyway." said Jin with a laugh as he reached out and took Jimin's hand, the latter feeling a flutter in his stomach at how natural the action seemed.
 

"Let's go." said the older

Please log in to read the full chapter