15th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The four of them were now gathered in the living room and were eating the wings they had bought along with the kimbap Jin had prepared. Jungkook was still sitting beside Jimin because he knew if he moved, Jin would sit here and he didn't want that. Nobody knew of his crush on Jin and Jungkook wanted to keep it that way. He had gotten a little shaken up when Taehyung made that comment of him disappearing into the background. Jungkook was well aware of what Taehyung was and what he was capable of, but he never expected the older to peek into his thoughts and call him out like that.
 

When Jungkook would be with Jin, he would sometimes feel... well, invisible. Jin could be looking at Jungkook right in the eyes and the latter would still feel as if he wasn't being noticed. Of course, there was the obvious option of just confessing to Jin, but Jungkook knows the answer well and he doesn't think he's ready for that. And in all honesty, he doesn't have anything against Jimin; it was his insecurities that made him act the way he did that day. He plans on being nicer to Jimin from now on, not because of pretentious reasons, but because he actually wants to get along with the older.
 

He felt something being pressed against the corner of his mouth and was startled out of his thoughts, looking over with big eyes. Jimin retracted his hand, which was holding a napkin, and smiled sheepishly.
 

"Sorry, but you had some barbecue sauce there." he explained while gesturing to his own mouth.
 

Jungkook poked out his tongue and sure enough, he tasted some of the sauce. He then leaned towards Jimin, who let out a laugh as he got the silent message, and finished wiping the younger's mouth. When he was done, Jungkook grinned in thanks and both continued to eat; neither seeing how Jin and Namjoon were watching them in amusement.
 

Jin had felt a little worried about these two getting along, but those worries melted away when he heard Jungkook apologize. He was even more relieved when he saw them sitting together while talking and laughing like good friends. But he admits it made him feel a little... jealous, shall we say? Because he wanted to make Jimin smile and laugh like that. Namjoon tells him it's because he's too stiff that Jimin can't fully relax, since one tends to project the other person's body language. So if one person is nervous and fidgety, then the other person feeds off of that energy and acts in a similar manner.
 

When they were finished eating, they all cleaned up the mess they made and took the dirty dishes to the kitchen. And when it came time to wash them, Jimin right away volunteered. Jin was going to oppose, but then Jungkook volunteered to accompany Jimin and then Namjoon was grabbing him by the arm and pulling him out of the kitchen. He was led into his room upstairs and as he pulled his arm away, Jin gave Namjoon a look of annoyance.
 

"Why'd you drag me up here?" he demanded while crossing his arms.
 

"You were about to tell Jimin to just go chill in the living room, weren't you?" asked Namjoon, his tone accusing.
 

"Yes." replied Jin with a frown, "He's my guest and I wasn't about to make him wash dishes."
 

"He wanted to, though." pointed out Namjoon.
 

"Still." insisted Jin, "I want his visit here to be a good one. From what I had managed to see, Jimin's been through some tough times and I don't want to add to his stress."
 

"I get what you're saying, Jin." said Namjoon with a patient smile, "Jimin kind of reminds me of how I used to be. Remember? You would do nice things for me and then I tried to pay it back by helping you clean your room or help you with your chores."
 

"But you would tell me it was okay and that there was no need to repay you for anything." Namjoon then smiled in a reminiscent manner, "That made me feel terrible, like I was taking advantage of your kindness. Like I was a useless friend."
 

"I know." said Jin guiltily, "I didn't even realize I was making you feel that way until my grandmother explained it to me."
 

"You were always kind of clueless." said Namjoon teasingly, then laughed when Jin reached out to smack him on the arm, "No, but seriously, Jimin reminds me of myself. He probably felt bad that you prepared everything for him while he was just sitting on the couch."
 

"You paid for his bus ride." deadpanned Jin.
 

"No I didn't." said Namjoon as he averted his gaze with an "innocent" expression.
 

"I saw you." said Jin while narrowing his eyes.
 

"Prove it." said Namjoon.
 

"Fine, I'll ask Jimin." said Jin with raised eyebrows.
 

He then started to actually walk out of the room, but got tackled to the ground from behind. Jin was now flat on his stomach with Namjoon's weight on his back and groaned in pain mixed with frustration as he looked over his shoulder.
 

"What the hell, Namjoon?!" he exclaimed.
 

"I panicked!" exclaimed Namjoon back as he quickly held himself up on his hands to relieve some weight from Jin.
 

"You didn't have to tackle me!"
 

"I'm sorry!"
 

In their midst of their argument, neither heard the footsteps until someone cleared their throat in a loud and obvious manner. They looked up and saw Jungkook and Jimin standing there.
 

"You two could have at least locked the door." said Jungkook with an amused look.
 

Jin and Namjoon looked at each other in confusion before finally noticing that they were in a very compromising position and quickly got to their feet.
 

"It's not like that, you little ert." said Namjoon as he lunged at Jungkook and placed him in a loose headlock.
 

"Sure~ it's not like that now because we caught you." teased Jungkook with a little grin, not bothered at all by the hold he was in.
 

While they squabbled their way back downstairs, Jin looked at Jimin and saw the latter standing there awkwardly as he fiddled with the hem of his shirt; his gaze averted.
 

"Um, it really wasn't like that." said Jin with an awkward laugh, for once showing some nervousness.
 

He always tries to be calm and collected when talking to Jimin, but he was a bit too panic-stricken right now to properly compose himself. Jin didn't want the younger to get the wrong idea. At all.
 

"Namjoon and I were just talking then I and when I tried leaving the room, he tackled me. That's how we ended up on the floor." explained Jin.
 

He saw the younger nod slowly and the fact that he wasn't looking up made him panic even more. What was going through Jimin's mind right now? Jin tried to take a peek, but instantly felt a block and bit his lip in slight frustration. Why can't he read Jimin's thoughts? That has been bugging him for a while now. Jin then felt a presence, warm and comforting, followed by a soft pressure on his shoulder telling him to be patient.
 

Just then, Namjoon poked his head into the room.
 

"Jungkook and I are leaving now." he announced.
 

"So soon?" asked Jimin and Jin was painfully aware of the disappointment in his voice.
 

"Yeah." replied Namjoon with a small smile as he stepped into the room, "But we'll keep seeing each other from now on, don't worry."
 

He then reached out to tousle Jimin's hair, making the younger let out this cute giggle as he looked at the ground shyly.
 

"Do you want to see us to the door?" asked Namjoon.
 

"You know the way out, Namjoon." said Jin while giving his friend the stink eye behind Jimin's back.
 

"Yeah, but Jungkook wants to see Jimin one last time before leaving." said Namjoon, then looked at Jimin for an answer and smiled when the younger nodded.
 

They stepped out of the room and Jin let out an annoyed huff before quickly following them back downstairs and towards the front door. He sat down on the couch and crossed his arms while watching rather sulkily as the other three exchanged their farewells.
 

"Maybe we can hang out again during the weekend." suggested Jungkook cheerfully, who was holding one of Jimin's hands in both of his.
 

"I'd like that." said Jimin with a bright smile, "I'll try to convince Taehyung to come along this time, since you two seemed to have gotten off to a bad start."
 

"Um, sure." said Jungkook a little hesitantly.
 

"Don't worry, I'll make sure he's not mean to you." assured Jimin.
 

Jungkook still didn't look too convinced, but nodded anyway, they said their farewells again before going out the door. When Jimin turned around to face Jin, the latter quickly changed his sulky expression into a small smile and patted the spot beside him.
 

"Should we get started on calculus?" asked Jin once the younger had sat down.
 

Jimin nodded enthusiastically, making Jin chuckle as he excused himself to get his notes from his room. When he came back with his notes and his textbook, he saw Jimin had taken a seat on the floor instead and had a notebook and pencil out. He looked up at Jin and looked a little hesitant

Please log in to read the full chapter