5th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Namjoon was in the boys' locker room of the academy, leaning against the lockers with his arms crossed and looking at the ground. He was currently waiting for the person he had sent to gather some information and was beginning to grow a little impatient. He had sent that person right when lunch break had started and it was now five minutes until it ended. Namjoon closed his eyes and exhaled through his nose, willing himself to stay patient because he understood that what he had instructed was a bit of a challenge. But then again, he had picked the best student in this particular department.
 

"Boo." said a quiet, but playful voice.
 

Namjoon opened his eyes and raised his head, seeing exactly who he had been waiting for.
 

"You're late, Jungkook." said Namjoon, his eyes narrowing a bit.
 

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." said Jungkook, not looking the least bit apologetic with that little grin on his face, "But there was so much to look through with those two, so I lost track of time."
 

"Mm... What did you find out?" asked Namjoon as he stood up straight.
 

Jungkook took off his red book bag and ped it to rummage around, he pulled out a navy blue folder and handed it to Namjoon. The latter took it and started skimming through it, not minding when Jungkook stepped into his personal space to look as well.
 

"I went into the principal's office and looked through their permanent records, then I made a copy of each." explained Jungkook.
 

Namjoon just hummed in reply as he flipped a page, knowing he made the right choice to have Jungkook infiltrate Jimin's school.

 

"Was there any compromise?" asked Namjoon.
 

"Not at all. Since it was lunch time, the office was completely empty." replied Jungkook, he then rested his chin on Namjoon's shoulder, "The map you gave me of the school also helped a lot, I was able to find the cafeteria easily and casually sit at their table to spy on them for a bit without being seen."
 

"Hear anything interesting?" asked Namjoon as he closed the folder, deciding to fully read it later.
 

"Not really, they were just talking about their homework and what they were going to do after school. You know, yawn worthy stuff." said Jungkook, rolling his eyes at the last part.
 

"Did they happen to mention Jin?" asked Namjoon.
 

"Mhm, Taehyung was telling Jimin to just go over to Jin's table and talk to him. Jimin got really red afterwards." said Jungkook with a laugh, "He looked pretty cute, blushing like that." he added.
 

"You said you were at their table, did Jin sense you?" asked Namjoon, knowing the older had lunch in the same hour.
 

"Oh, right away." said Jungkook with a grin, "I wasn't exactly trying to hide from him and he right away started nagging at me to leave. But I went over to his table instead and talked to him for a bit."
 

"I was able to close off the fact that you had sent me there, but he was still suspicious since I was at the other two's table." said Jungkook with a pout.
 

"That's okay." said Namjoon with a laugh, "If he asks, I'll just make something up."
 

He then ruffled Jungkook's dark hair, making the younger smile as he wrapped his arms around Namjoon's waist and gave him a light squeeze. A clearing of someone's throat made them look over. They saw a tall and lean male standing there with a stance of authority, his ink black hair spiked back to show off his piercing eyes. The rest of his face, including his nose, was covered with a punk styled black mask; which made him look more intimidating.
 

"Hey, Hoseok." greeted Namjoon, Hoseok greeted back with a nod of his head before turning his eyes to Jungkook.
 

They then trailed down to the arms that were around Namjoon's waist and his brows came together in a frown, clearly not liking what he was seeing. It was no secret in the academy that Hoseok was after Jungkook, but the latter kept brushing him off. Namjoon has no idea what goes on between these two and he'd rather keep it that way.
 

"Well... I'll be on my way." said Namjoon a little awkwardly.
 

He removed Jungkook's arms and started walking out of the locker room, he then heard a loud bang and spun around with surprised wide eyes. He saw Hoseok had slammed his hand on a locker in front of Jungkook, who had tried leaving as well and was now glaring at the older.
 

"Let me pass, Hoseok." said Jungkook.
 

"Where were you this whole time?" asked Hoseok without removing his arm.
 

"I was in here talking with Namjoon." replied Jungkook.
 

"No, you weren't." said Hoseok, his eyes narrowing, "I walked by here earlier and didn't catch your scent."
 

"Then I was wandering around the academy." said Jungkook with a frown of his own, "What's it to you where I am, anyway?" he asked with a scoff while crossing his arms as he looked away.
 

"It's everything to me, Jungkook." replied Hoseok, his voice low, he removed his hand from the locker and firmly grasped Jungkook's chin so they were looking at each other.
 

"Everything." he repeated in almost a growl.
 

Okay... this was definitely getting too awkward for Namjoon. The latter quickly turned back around and left without a second glance. He looked at his watch as he walked and saw there were only seconds until the bell rang and as he lowered his hand and rounded a corner, the bell rang. Great, now he was going to have to wait until after class to read the files Jungkook had given him. As he climbed a flight of stairs, students began opening doors and filling the halls.
 

When Namjoon reached the top of the stairs, he came to an abrupt stop when Jungkook suddenly materialized right in front of him; a faint red mist lingering around him. The younger had his arms crossed and was looking at him in accusation.
 

"What?" said Namjoon with a blink.
 

"Why did you leave me alone with him?" demanded Jungkook.
 

"I had the feeling of being in the way." replied Namjoon, he then side stepped the younger and continued on his way.
 

"You weren't." said Jungkook, walking beside him, "Besides, I wasn't done telling you what I had found out in that other school."
 

"I'm listening." said Namjoon.
 

"Well..." started Jungkook with a grin, "While I was making copies of J

Please log in to read the full chapter