6th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung was leaning against a tree by the school gates, an attentive expression on his face as he watched Jimin and Jin from a distance. He could see how Jimin was saying something to Jin with a cheerful expression on his face as his hands lively waved about. Tilting his head to the side, Taehyung's eyes narrowed when he saw Jin smiling a bit as he said something back. It was growing closer to class time, but Taehyung refused to move until the other two were out of sight. He saw Jimin glance at his watch before looking around, surely looking for him.


It's not that he's avoiding Jimin or anything, Taehyung just didn't want to be near Jin. At all. Something about the older bugged him and he preferred to just stay away rather than openly give Jin the stink eye. Sure, he had pushed Jimin towards Jin that one time, but he didn't expect for it to backfire at him. He didn't expect for Jin to be nice.


When Jimin said he was giving up on approaching Jin, Taehyung was secretly happy about it. But then he saw them talking by the older's locker and he didn't like how Jin managed to make Jimin smile so brightly; so shyly. If asked what kind of friend he is, Taehyung would say a jealous one. He doesn't like sharing Jimin's attention and he doesn't like sharing Jimin. Others have pointed out that his attachement to Jimin is kind of weird, but Taehyung ignores them because he knows they don't understand.


They don't understand that Jimin is someone who should be kept safe from any kind of harm, that he shouldn't be exposed to toxic people. But as much as he tries, Taehyung knows he can't protect Jimin from his own thoughts. He's well aware how Jimin sometimes sinks into brooding thoughts and tries to brush them off with a smile. It pains Taehyung to know that his friend bears these things on his own and doesn't ask anything of anyone. Which is why he subtly does things for Jimin like buy him lunch or "accidentally" leave a sweater or two behind at his house.


Hearing the bell ring made Taehyung come out of his thoughts, he looked up and saw Jimin walking into the building with Jin. He waited for a bit to make sure Jimin was fully inside the school before he started walking. While students hurried and rushed to their first class, Taehyung took his time. He finds school boring sometimes since he already knows the things his teachers talk about. If it were up to him, he would stop coming to school altogether.


But he carries on. Not only because it's his mom's wish for him to finish high school, but because of Jimin. The latter has no one else in this school and Taehyung would hate himself if he just left his friend here alone to try his luck. Feeling an itch in his eye, Taehyung blinked a few times instead of rubbing it and headed towards the bathroom. Seeing no one was in here right now due to class, Taehyung placed his book bag beside the sink and rummaged through it.


He took out a little bottle of eye drops and put two in each eye, then closed them for a minute as he felt them being refreshed. Letting out a sigh, Taehyung capped the little bottle and slowly opened his eyes again. He blinked twice and stuffed the eye drops back in his book bag, then looked at himself in the mirror. Thankfully, his eyes didn't look irritated as they stared back at him. Grabbing some tissue from the dispenser, Taehyung lightly dabbed at the corners of his eyes to get that extra moisture.


How he hated the way these contacts dried out his eyes.


=================================================


Jimin had a worried look on his face as he scanned the cafeteria for Taehyung. He hasn't seen the latter all morning and it was starting to bother him. Since he didn't have a phone, Jimin had no way of contacting his friend. So, he was left here bitting his lip and being able to do nothing more than wait. He then spotted Jin walk into the cafeteria and got up from the table to go over to him.


He was a few feet away when Jin suddenly stopped walking and turned his head to look right at him, bringing Jimin to a startled halt. How did he get spotted when he was nowhere near Jin's line of sight? Shaking that question out of his head, Jimin continued his way to Jin. The latter remained standing there and staring as he waited for the younger.


"You look worried." commented Jin with a furrow of his brows.
 

"I am." confirmed Jimin, his eyes straying over to the entrance of the cafeteria, "I haven't seen Taehyung all day and I don't know if he's here or if he's sick at home."
 

"He's here." said Jin, making the younger look at him with big eyes.
 

"Did you see him? Where?" asked Jimin.
 

Jin just nodded without explaining anything, making Jimin pout as he crossed his arms.
 

"You didn't answe

Please log in to read the full chapter