34th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

He's got this, there was absolutely nothing to be nervous about. At least, that's what Jin thought as he sat in the now dark theater with Jimin beside him. The movie had started a while ago, but he had found it hard to concentrate on it after only five minutes. Things were fine until the opening scene happened and Jimin settled back comfortably in his seat. The younger's arm and leg had lightly touched Jin's by coincidence, the latter was sure of this, making this pleasant feeling go through him.
 

Since then, he's been hyper-aware of Jimin's presence; every little move and accidental touch had him almost losing his mind. How he wished he could dive into Jimin's mind and see if the younger was just as aware. Sneaking a glance towards him, Jin's heart skipped a beat when he saw how the lights from the screen outlined Jimin's face perfectly. The latter was watching the movie with his lips slightly parted and his head tilted a bit to the side, making him look adorable. Jin fully turned his head to better look at the younger, going completely unnoticed.
 

He then tentatively placed his hand atop Jimin's, which was resting on the arm rest between them. Instead of looking over, Jimin's expression melted into a relaxed one as he smiled a bit while continuing to watch the movie. The hand under Jin's simply turned over so he could hold it better, just like he had done in the car. The action made Jin feel the exact same way he had felt when he first mastered how to control the unwanted thoughts of others. Calm and peaceful. Followed by a soft silence that was more than welcome in a loud mind.
 

Even though the movie was playing in the background, Jin was more than done trying to follow. He was more focused on the expressions Jimin made and absorbed every laugh that came out of him, never minding the other people in the dark room. Halfway through the movie, out of nowhere, Jimin had leaned over to rest his head gently on Jin's shoulder. The latter's pulse quickened as he felt the younger nestling comfortably before being still again, not once loosening the grip of their hands. Just as Jin was trying to process that he had Jimin snuggled up against him, he started getting this sense of trust radiating from the boy beside him.
 

In the beginning, Jin could rarely pick up anything from the younger and had to rely solely on facial expressions and body language. There was also a very faint sense of caution coming from him that had Jin trying his hardest to make it go away. He doesn't feel that caution anymore, instead there's this sensation that has him feeling warm and comfortable. It's what Jimin was feeling right now. Instead of questioning it or trying to figure it out, Jin merely let the feeling soak in and settled back in his seat.


When the movie was over, the lights came back on and everyone started getting up to leave. Since Jimin wasn't making a move to stand, neither did Jin.
 

"You weren't paying attention to the movie, were you?" asked Jimin once everyone was gone, his head still resting on Jin's shoulder.
 

"Not at all." admitted the latter without hesitation, making the younger chuckle.
 

Jimin then raised his head and sat up straight so he could look at Jin properly, the latter giving his undivided attention. The younger didn't say anything, however, and just kept staring. But right when Jin was about to say something, Jimin suddenly leaned forward and softly connected their lips. Jin's eyes widened in surprise while Jimin's closed, both processing the simple touch.
 

The younger pulled away after a few seconds and when Jin's still wide eyes looked at him questioningly, he merely gave the biggest smile ever.


===============================


The rest of the afternoon went by in a daze for Jin, meanwhile Jimin had this new spring in his step. It was as if that kiss confirmed something for him because he was walking much closer to Jin than before and any previous shyness was long gone. It had already gotten a bit dark, but not enough to call it a night. They stopped by an ice cream vendor and when Jin asked Jimin what flavor he wanted, the latter happily picked. He remembers the time when the younger would flat out refuse something being bought for him, but seeing this now put a smile on Jin's face.


After getting their ice cream, they sat down at a bench to just enjoy the evening.
 

"What was that kiss about?" asked Jin, looking over at Jimin for his reaction.
 

Please log in to read the full chapter