17th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"I'm here to see Mr. Jung." said Taehyung, not bothering with a greeting.
 

The woman at the desk, who was typing something, looked up with a surprised blink before giving a friendly smile and picked up the phone beside her computer. She pressed a button and waited for a second before informing about Taehyung's presence, then gave a reply before hanging up the phone.
 

"You can go in." she said to Taehyung with that same friendly smile, one he didn't return as he walked towards the mahogany door.
 

Taehyung stepped inside and didn't even take a look at his surroundings, he just wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. He stopped in front of the large wooden desk, ignoring the two comfortable looking black leather armchairs on either side of him. An expensive looking red leather office chair was on the other side of the desk facing the large windows, which had the curtains closed.
 

"Have a seat, Taehyung." said the voice of the man sitting in that red chair.
 

"I don't want to." said Taehyung with a frown, making the man chuckle as he turned around to face him instead.
 

"You're still as stubborn as ever, I see." said Mr. Jung with a small smile, his gray eyes glimmering with a certain fondness that angered Taehyung.
 

"What did you want?" asked the latter, not in the mood for this pointless small talk.
 

"I just wanted to see how my son's been doing." said Mr. Jung, his tone earnest and concerned.
 

"I didn't know your kind could produce children." said Taehyung as he gave the man in the chair a derisive look, "All you seem to know how to do is take blood from unsuspecting people."
 

Mr. Jung's jaw clenched as his hands curled into fists, but it wasn't from anger. Taehyung knew he hit a nerve and didn't feel bad about it, he never felt much of anything when it came to this man.
 

"If you're done wasting my time, I'll be leaving." said Taehyung and with that, he turned around to walk towards the door.
 

But just as his hand touched the doorknob, a different hand grabbed his wrist and turned him around. Out of instinct, Taehyung swung his fist just to have it grabbed by another hand.
 

"Your reflexes have gotten much better." said Mr. Jung, looking impressed.
 

"Don't touch me." growled Taehyung with a scowl as he yanked his hands free from the man's grasp, "And stop contacting us, my mom doesn't need more distress in her life."
 

"How is she?" asked Mr. Jung right away, his eyes lighting up.
 

"That's none of your business." retorted Taehyung.
 

"It is my business, Taehyung, you and Taehee are -"
 

"Don't you ever say my mother's name again!" shouted Taehyung angrily, his temper finally reaching its limit, "You're nothing to us, so stop contacting her and call off your spy!"
 

"I don't have any spies." said Mr. Jung with a frown.
 

"Do you think I'm stupid?" sneered Taehyung with narrowed eyes, "I know the principal of my school graduated from this place and I know he's been watching me out of your orders."


"I only have Seunghyun watching over you because you won't let me do it." said Mr. Jung, the hurt clearly seen on his face.
 

"I don't need anyone watching over me." said Taehyung, his voice low as his hands curled into fists at his sides.
 

"I'm you father, Taehyung." said Mr. Jung, his eyes looking into Taehyung's pleadingly.
 

But the latter just smirked back at him before letting out a humorless laugh as he shook his head while looking away. When he looked back at Mr. Jung, all emotion was wiped off his face as he stared coldly at the man before him.
 

"My father died a long time ago." said Taehyung in a monotone.
 

Mr. Jung froze up at that, giving Taehyung the chance to turn around and leave the office. His step was brisk and he didn't look back until he was out of the building and even then, he didn't slow his pace. Taehyung then heard his name being called, but ignored it despite it not being Mr. Jung's voice and kept walking. He heard footsteps running after him and spun around to see it was Namjoon, the latter slowing down into a jog before finally walking the rest of the way. When he came to a stop in front of Taehyung, the latter simply turned his face away.
 

"I know you heard me... so why didn't you stop?" said Namjoon, a little breathless from his run.
 

"I didn't want to." replied Taehyung, then got an uncomfortable look on his face as he brought up a hand to his throat.
 

"Are you okay?" asked Namjoon with furrowed brows.
 

"Fine. Just fine." replied Taehyung, then coughed when his throat suddenly dried up.
 

"Do you want some water?" asked Namjoon, making Taehyung look over at him to glare.
 

But the older didn't see it, seeing as he was too busy rummaging through his book bag. He abruptly stopped and looked up at Taehyung with a concerned expression, making the latter's heart skip a beat and his mouth salivate.
 

"Wait a minute... You're part vampire." murmured Namjoon, he zipped up his book bag and took a step towards Taehyung.
 

The latter immediately took a step back as he held out his free hand, not wanting the pink haired male to come any closer. Since he first saw Namjoon, Taehyung's been feeling weird. His pulse had raced upon seeing that handsome face and his gums ached when the older got too close, the sweet aroma emanating from him making Taehyung's head spin. Coughing again, Taehyung started feeling a little lightheaded as he turned away from Namjoon.
 

"You don't look so good." said the latter, his sweet scent up in the air and mocking.
 

Taehyung couldn't even verbally respond since his throat was too dry and he knew no amount of water would help, his dark thirst didn't work that way. If he weren't wearing his contacts, Namjoon would have been able to see just how red his gray irises got.
 

"When was the last time you had blood, Taehyung?" asked Namjoon, sounding really worried.
 

Almost two weeks, but Taehyung couldn't say that at the moment as everything started spinning and he dropped down to his hands and knees. Namjoon right away kneeled down in front of him and when he tried reaching out for Taehyung, the latter smacked his hands away.
 

"Don't... S-Stay away." he managed to say, his voice raspy.
 

He had tried so hard to keep himself from drinking blood, he wanted to be able to go past a week without it. Taehyung had felt fine a few days after the first week, but then he slowly started feeling a bit sluggish and his heightened senses would fail. But he refused to go into his basement and drink from those units, so he pushed himself. And the consequence, on his hands and knees in the place he detested the most with the person he least wanted to see him in this condition.
 

"Let me take you to the infirmary, I know they keep some blood bags in there for the vampires who are in training." said Namjoon.
 

Taehyung shook his head right away, regretting the action as it made things move and he closed his eyes. He knows the blood they keep here was human blood and he doesn't drink that, refuses to ingest it.
 

"You look really pale, Taehyung. Please, let me take you to the infirmary." insisted Namjoon.
 

"No..." said Taehyung, panting a bit as he opened his eyes again.
 

He was trying so hard to fight it, but his vampiric instinct was starting to kick in and it was slowly winning. It's dangerous for Namjoon to be here right now and Taehyung knows it, but he's fighting with himself to keep control because he doesn't want to hurt anyone. His gums were aching terribly and Taehyung couldn't help the way his canines elongated, making him whimper from the pain mixed with the burning in his throat. This was torture, but he had to endure it. He had to, for Namjoon's sake and for his own sanity.
 

Speaking of the older, Taehyung looked over and saw Namjoon rummaging through his book bag again with a determined frown on his face. He pulled out a plastic ruler and broke it at an angle so there were two sharp pieces, Taehyung knew what he was trying to do and put his hands over the broken pieces. His senses were right away clouded by Namjoon's alluring scent, but he still refused to give in.
 

"Don't..." he weakly said.
 

"It's either this or the infirmary and since you're being stubborn..." said Namjoon, letting his sentence trail off.
 

Taehyung's eyes traveled up and lingered on Namjoon's neck, his hands moving on their own as they came up and gripped the older by the shoulders. Namjoon made no attempt to push Taehyung away, he actually leaned forward while tilting his head a little to the side. his lips, Taehyung leaned in until he was mere centimeters from the side of Namjoon's throat, he inhaled deeply through his nose and his eyes closed at how intoxicating the scent was. He vaguely felt the hands around his waist pulling him a bit closer, all of his attention on the sun-kissed skin before him. Slithering an arm around Namjoon's shoulders and the other hand slipping to the older's nape, Taehyung was now lost as he plunged his fangs into the soft skin.
 

Namjoon let out a faint sound of pain while Taehyung let out a soft moan, the warmth running down his throat soothing the previous discomfort. His fingers gently entangled themselves into Namjoon's hair as he continued to drink, the already addicting taste quenching him. When he pulled back, his thirst satisfied, he ran his tongue over the wound to heal it. He then lapped up the

Please log in to read the full chapter