23rd piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was a few minutes to the end of the school day and Jin got them back just in time, not that they were going to step inside the building. They stayed inside the car somewhere close to the school and just talked for a bit longer. Jimin had meant it when he said he wouldn't feel uncomfortable around Jin after the latter's confession; if anything, he just felt a little confused. He never thought about his own feelings towards Jin and he found that unfair. Though Jin assured the younger it was okay if the feeling wasn't mutual, Jimin still felt like he should thoroughly think about it; not only for Jin, but for himself.
 

"Oh, I just remembered!" exclaimed Jimin all of a sudden as he turned towards the older, "I still have your notebook. It's in my locker, so wait here and I'll go get it."
 

Before Jin could utter a word, Jimin had gotten out of the car and was running towards the school. Once inside the building, Jimin went to his locker and opened it to get the notebook. He slammed the door shut afterward and was about to head back outside, but stopped dead in his tracks upon seeing none other than the principal. Mr. Choi was standing there with his arms crossed and a stern look on his face, making him feel cold dread all over.
 

"Jimin, can I speak with you for a moment?" asked Mr. Choi.
 

Jimin's heart was pounding nervously in his chest as he looked at the principal in panic. Was he in trouble? Mr. Choi most likely knew he wasn't in school today since all the attendance goes straight to his computer. What if his parents knew about this? Jimin didn't realize he was backing away until Mr. Choi stepped up and gently grabbed his arm to keep him in place.
 

"Don't worry, Jimin, you're not in trouble." assured Mr. Choi, his expression softening into a smile.
 

"I just want to talk to you about Seokjin."


===========================================


Jin parked in front of Jimin's house and the latter had been thoughtful the whole ride, Mr.Choi's words still ringing in his head. At first, Jimin was afraid they had been caught, but the principal didn't even mention it as he sat Jimin down in his office. He then asked all these weird questions about Jin such as how was he behaving and if Jimin has ever seen or heard anything strange from him. Jimin had looked at Mr. Choi in suspicion, wondering why he wanted to know that, before simply stating the truth; Jin's a well mannered guy who shows nothing but kindness.
 

That seemed to have put the principal at ease as he nodded and wrote something down in a black leather-bound notebook before thanking Jimin for his time and let him go; but not before telling him to not mention any of this to Jin. Jimin feels guilty for hiding this since Jin was the topic of discussion, but he promised Mr. Choi to keep it a secret. And Jimin doesn't break promises.
 

"You've been really quiet since getting back in the car." said Jin, in his tone a hint of uncertainty.
 

"I was just thinking about some things." said Jimin as he looked down at his hands on his lap.
 

"Jimin, if me confessing bothered you, then -"
 

"It's not that." interrupted Jimin right away as he looked at the older again while shaking his head, "It's definitely not that, Seokjin."
 

Jin still didn't looked convinced, so Jimin smiled and reached out to place his hand atop the older's on the steering wheel to assure him.
 

"If I were in any way uncomfortable with you liking me, then I would have said so. So don't worry about it." said Jimin.
 

Jin's gaze wandered over to their hands and turned his hand palm up so their fingers interlaced, then looked up to see Jimin's reaction. The latter didn't say anything and simply gave Jin's hand a light squeeze with an amused expression on his face.
 

"This doesn't bother me at all, either." said Jimin with a laugh, "I hold hands with Taehyung all the time, even in public. He sometimes kisses me, too."
 

Jin frowned at that last part and when Jimin noticed, he panicked as his eyes widened while he waved his free hand frantically.
 

"No, not like that! He only kisses me on the cheek!" he quickly explained, feeling the need to clear up any misunderstanding, "It's just a friendly form of affection on his part."
 

Instead of verbally replying, Jin simply nodded and he looked down at their linked hands. He brushed his thumb across the back of Jimin's hand and the latter felt a light tingling sensation as he too looked down at them. It was odd how he quickly adjusted to holding a hand that wasn't Taehyung's since he's not usually the touchy type. But the fact that he's been letting Jin touch his hair, caress his face, hold his hand, and even hug him meant Jimin was warming up to the older. He doesn't know how it happened, but Jin's become a rather important part of his life and he wants to keep it that way.
 

When Jimin got out of the car and stepped inside his house, both raised a hand at the exact same time to their fast beating hearts with identical smiles gracing their faces.


===========================================


Later that evening, Jimin was lying on his bed and staring up at the ceiling. He was wide awake and though he sorted out some of the thoughts in his head, it was still a mess in there. He had talked with Taehyung on the phone earlier, hoping to distract himself from everything and it helped for a little while. Jimin didn't dare mention his little outing with Jin and was pretty sure Taehyung was suspecting something already, but he quickly changed the subject. Jimin had then asked his friend when he was coming back to school and his mood completely lifted when Taehyung said tomorrow.
 

So, Jimin had that to look forward to and now the next thing he decided to think through was that confession. Rolling over onto his side, Jimin looked out the window to the star filled sky. He's uncertain about what he feels for Jin, there are definitely friendly feelings there and at the same time there are other feelings that are questionable. When Taehyung had told him about Jungkook's crush on Jin, it didn't bother Jimin at all; he actually found it kind of cute. But when he had first seen that necklace in Jin's hand, Jimin felt an uncomfortable tightness in his chest at the possibility that it could have belonged to a girl Jin might have liked.
 

He doesn't understand it, the difference between someone liking Jin and Jin liking someone. Maybe because in the first choice, Jimin knew Jin didn't see Jungkook in a romantic way; so he felt at ease. But just the idea of Jin having his eye on someone else, that had made Jimin uneasy for some reason. He's had crushes before, so he knows how he acts around the person he likes, but it was different with Jin. The latter doesn't make Jimin act like a silly boy with a crush, but he makes Jimin feel so shy sometimes.
 

It was probably Jin's powerful presence that had Jimin weak in the knees, but all he knows is

Please log in to read the full chapter