16th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jin wasn't hesitant to slam the door shut and lock it, Jimin heard laughter from the other side of the door and the stranger started ringing the door bell nonstop.
 

"Come on, Jin, open the door! I didn't even get a good look at you!" shouted the stranger from outside, his tone mischievous and amused.
 

The door bell stopped ringing, but it was replaced with this insistent knocking. Jimin saw Jin run his fingers through his hair as he looked at the door with a conflicted expression. It looked like he wanted to open the door, but at the same time he didn't; his stance was that of agitation and his eyes reflected something unknown. The knocks stopped and things were quiet for a minute before the doorknob started rattling, then the door was thrown open.
 

"Damn, these old locks are hard to open." complained the stranger as he gave the doorknob a dirty look while stepping inside.
 

"Why are you here?" demanded Jin with a frown while stepping in front of the guy to block his way.
 

"Geez, did you not hear me?" said the stranger as he looked up with a bit of annoyance, "I said I missed you."
 

"You came all this way. Just because you missed me." stated Jin.
 

"You say that as if you don't believe me." said the stranger with a grin as he gave Jin a playful yet forceful push, his gaze then wandered and landed on Jimin.
 

"Oh, hello, who do we have here?" he said while brushing past Jin to walk over, he came around the coffee table and kneeled down facing Jimin.
 

"What's your name?" he asked with a tilt of his head.
 

"Get away from him, Yoongi." said Jin in a warning tone as he closed the door.
 

"I'm just asking a harmless question." said the stranger, Yoongi, as he looked up at him with a glare.
 

"And I'm just telling you to get away from him." said Jin, his eyes narrowing.
 

Yoongi rolled his own eyes and looked at Jimin again, his gaze then wandered down and his face lit up.
 

"Jimin. Your name's Jimin." he enthusiastically said as he looked back up, "Nice to meet you. I'm Yoongi."
 

Jimin right away spotted something in Yoongi's behavior, his tone right now was friendly and his body language was welcoming. But with Jin, Yoongi's tone was sarcastic and harsh while his body language was not welcoming.
 

"Nice to meet you, too." said Jimin back with a polite smile.
 

He saw how Yoongi relaxed further as he scooted a little closer, but didn't say anything as he just stared. Jimin looked up at Jin and saw the older watching Yoongi closely with suspicious eyes. What he was suspicious of, Jimin didn't know. The latter then looked back at Yoongi and saw him still staring with a ghost of a smile on his face.
 

"Um, are you an acquaintance of Seokjin's?" asked Jimin, finding the silence kind of awkward.
 

"Kind of, but not really." replied Yoongi, the corner of his mouth twitching upward like he wanted to smirk.
 

"Then, who are you?" asked Jimin with a confused blink.
 

"I already told you who I am." said Yoongi, sounding amused.
 

"No, you only told me your name." said Jimin with raised eyebrows, "I asked who you are. As in, who are you to Seokjin?"
 

"I'm his cousin." replied Yoongi, he gave Jimin a once over before looking up at Jin with a disgruntled expression, "But since we haven't seen each other in years, he's treating me like a stranger."
 

"I am not." denied Jin with a frown.
 

"Then why are you acting so cold towards me?" asked Yoongi, the question not really having a tone to it so Jimin didn't know if he was upset or not.
 

"I am not." repeated Jin, a little louder this time as he crossed his arms.
 

"So you just slammed the door in my face as a friendly gesture." stated Yoongi with a humorless laugh, "How classy."
 

"I was surprised, okay?" said Jin defensively, "I never thought I would be seeing you again."
 

"Surprised, huh?" said Yoongi, a smirk appearing on his face, "You're not one to be taken by surprise, Jin, you usually... sense these kind of things."
 

"Whatever." said Jin, looking a bit on edge now as he pointed at the door, "Anyway, get out. I'm busy right now."
 

"Oh, I can see that." said Yoongi with a grin as he looked back at Jimin, "Tell me, Jimin. Are you in all of your five senses right now?"
 

"Yoongi." said Jin in warning as he took a step forward.
 

"What do you mean?" asked Jimin, his brows furrowing in confusion.
 

"Is it really you looking at me in this moment?" asked Yoongi, his tone serious and his gaze intense.
 

"Of course it is." said Jimin with a snort, "Who else would it be?"
 

"You tell me." said Yoongi, his eyes narrowing a bit, "Who else could be in your mind right now looking at me?"
 

Jimin blinked and looked up at Jin for some sort of explanation, but the older just sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.
 

"Leave him alone, Yoongi." said Jin a bit wearily.
 

"Are there any extra voices in your head, Jimin?" asked Yoongi next, his expression blank as he ignored his cousin, "Voices that tell you to do things?"
 

"No one is mind controlling me, if that's what you're getting at." said Jimin with a frown, "That's impossible."
 

"Is it?" questioned Yoongi somewhat challengingly as a small smirk appeared on his face.
 

"Yes." said Jimin firmly.
 

"Then, what about manipulation?" asked Yoongi, tilting his head to the side a bit, "Isn't that a form of mind control? Since the person gets into your head and works you like a puppet?"
 

"I'm not being influenced by anything or anyone." said Jimin, "My mind is mine and no one can get into it."
 

"Did you hear that, Jin? No one can get into Jimin's mind." said Yoongi, his tone amused as he looked up at Jin with what looked like a smug look.
 

Jimin looked at Yoongi with a perplexed expression before looking up at Jin with the same look. The older made eye contact with him, but quickly looked away as he sent a glare towards Yoongi.
 

"That's good. It means

Please log in to read the full chapter