22nd piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The next morning, Jimin was walking to school when he looked up and spotted Jin crouching by the front gates, looking at some birds in a tree. His heart fluttered nervously seeing the older and also felt a little embarrassed after yesterday's events. Jin had been so sweet to him, not once putting him on the spot by asking what was wrong and simply held him in those strong arms. It's like Jin understood that Jimin didn't want to talk about it despite the younger not saying so. He then remembered the two kisses Jin had given him and felt his face grow warm right away as he unconsciously raised a hand to his cheek.
 

Jin looked over just then and his face lit up with a bright smile as he stood up straight and met Jimin halfway. The latter quickly lowered his hand as he shyly smiled and his heart started racing a mile a minute in his chest. This was starting to happen more often, he noticed.
 

"Hey." greeted Jin, a warm softness in his eyes.
 

Jimin was completely captured by those eyes and could only stare, unable to say a word, but Jin didn't seem to mind as he chuckled and reached out to lightly ruffle the younger's hair; the action feeling rather intimate. Blinking back into reality, Jimin blushed as he cleared his throat and averted his gaze.
 

"How are you?" asked Jin in gentle concern.
 

Jimin thought about it for a moment, his brows furrowing a bit, then let out a somewhat tired sigh before looking back at the older with a small smile.
 

"I'm okay... but not really." was what he could come up with.
 

"I know something that can help." said Jin, a rather mischievous glimmer in his eyes.
 

Before Jimin could question it, Jin reached out and gently took his hand before he started walking away from the school. Jimin's eyes widened in surprise and he quickly looked over his shoulder, but no one was paying them any attention. He looked back at Jin and the latter had a calm expression on his face as he walked, as if skipping school didn't bother him.
 

"I know you've never missed a class before and missing school is probably something unimaginable for you, but you sometimes have to try new things." said Jin nonchalantly, as if he wasn't encouraging ditching.
 

Jimin gave him an incredulous look, but did nothing to pull away from the warm hand in his; he rather liked the feeling. Jin came to a stop and pointed at something in the street, Jimin looked over and saw a familiar black car.
 

"Namjoon let me borrow his car for today." said Jin as he pulled the keys out of his pocket and unlocked the doors.
 

He opened the passenger door for Jimin, but the latter hesitated and turned his head to look at the school building. One day of absence won't make a difference, will it?
 

"It's fine, Jimin." said Jin, making the younger look back at him, "If we get caught, I'll take the full blame. After all, this was my idea."
 

The soft and assuring smile on Jin's face had Jimin moving and getting into the car, the older's smile growing a bit as he closed the door quickly went around to get in. He started the car after both buckled up and checked for any cars before smoothly pulling into the streets. Completely forgetting to ask their destination, Jimin settled back against the seat and just stared out the window at the passing scenery. Jin rolled down the windows a bit and let the somewhat cool breeze in, making Jimin close his eyes at the fresh feeling. This was definitely something he didn't know he needed.
 

"Thank you, Seokjin." said Jimin without opening his eyes, his voice so quiet it was almost a whisper.
 

Whether it was meant for Jin to hear or not, nobody knows. But he heard it and blinked serenely as a smile spread across his face, the light wind playing with their hair. Jin drove for what seemed like hours and Jimin ended up falling asleep, more exhausted than he thought.
 

So when the car finally came to a stop, Jin looked over and took a minute to get a good look at the sleeping figure beside him. Jimin's hair had been tousled by the wind, some of it covering his still closed eyes, and he looked so peaceful as he gently breathed. Jin's hand moved on its own and carefully brushed Jimin's fringe from his eyes, then softly fixed the strands before gently cupping the side of his face and lightly brushed a thumb across his cheek. Jimin stirred a bit before his eyes slowly fluttered open, a cute look of disorientation on his face. Jin smiled fondly as he lowered his hand while Jimin sat up in the seat, then had a look at his surroundings.
 

"Where are we?" asked the younger sleepily, taking his glasses off to rub at his eye.
 

"A forest." replied Jin.
 

"Forest?" repeated Jimin as he gave the older a confused look.
 

Jin only nodded with a rather bright smile and opened the door to get out, motioning Jimin to follow suit. Putting his glasses back on, Jimin also stepped out of the car and stretched his limbs before letting his eyes roam the area. Everything looked so calm and peaceful, the sound of birds chirping bringing a small smile to his face. Jin came up beside him and casually took hold of his hand.
 

"I used to come here all the time when I was younger." he commented as he too took in the nostalgic scenery, "Since this forest is close to where I live, no one knows about it."
 

Jimin looked at Jin, the way the sunlight was shinning on the older's dark hair took his breath away. He then looked down at their joined hands and moved a little closer while adding just the slightest bit of pressure. Jin looked at him the same time he looked up and the older's expression softened in a way that made Jimin weak in the knees. No one has ever looked at him this way; so warm, so caring, and so... something else. He still doesn't know what this new look is.
 

"I have something to show you." said Jin, his voice as gentle as his gaze.
 

They started walking and Jimin made sure to keep a firm grip on Jin's hand since the ground was uneven and there were branches everywhere. He wasn't nervous or scared at all as they walked further into the forest, his mind trusting Jin to get them to their destination safely.
 

"You have to be really careful right here." said Jin when they came to a stop in front of some tall bushes, "These bushes are real close together and the branches have some pretty sharp thorns."
 

Jimin nodded as he looked at them, then looked at Jin when the latter suddenly let go of his hand.
 

"I think it'll be better i

Please log in to read the full chapter