26th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin's eyes were wide and his mouth was slightly ajar as he watched the different fish swim by, completely fascinated by everything he has seen so far. His hands were pressed against the glass and his head was tilted up a bit, trying to catch a glimpse of everything in the huge tank. A blue tang fish swam to where Jimin was and he lightly tapped the glass with his pointer finger, letting out a giggle when the fish quickly swam away. He then looked towards his right and saw Jin leaning forward against the railing and watching the fish with a serene look on his face. Jimin still can't believe Jin went as far as bringing him to the aquarium, a place he's always wanted to come to.
 

Jin suddenly looked over, making Jimin quickly switch his gaze back to the tank before him. Feeling a light touch on the back of his head, Jimin didn't have to look up to know it was Jin.
 

"Are you having fun?" asked the latter.
 

Jimin merely nodded while smiling, without taking his eyes off the tank, making Jin chuckle as the hand on Jimin's head came down to rest around latter's shoulders instead. The blue tang came back and Jin lightly tapped the glass with his free hand the way Jimin did earlier and the younger pouted when the fish didn't swim away and instead came a little closer. He couldn't help but feel a little offended.
 

"Did you know, these little guys actually start off bright yellow with blue around their eyes." said Jin as he lowered his hand from the glass, "While they mature, their color changes and some even get white spots on their sides."
 

Jimin's pout turned into a look of fascination as he looked at the blue tang closely this time, noticing the white spots Jin had mentioned. He then noticed this one and others of its kind were on their own instead of in a group.
 

"They're solitary creatures." said Jin, "But you can see them in groups when they're eating."
 

"Kind of like you." said Jimin with a cheeky grin as he looked at the older, "You're on your own all the time in school and the only time you're with people is when you're at the cafeteria."
 

"Did you really just compare me to a fish?" asked Jin as he looked at the younger with a raised eyebrow.
 

Jimin turned towards Jin and brought up his hand to his mouth just as a laugh threatened to come out, but a snicker accidentally slipped out. Jin actually pouted at that and turned away from Jimin as he crossed his arms, letting out a huff as he pretended to sulk. Jimin found this absolutely endearing and was on the verge of cooing out loud, but quickly composed himself and instead placed a hand on Jin's arm. Another snicker escaped and Jin looked over his shoulder at Jimin before huffing again and walked a short distance away. Jimin allowed himself to quietly giggle into his fist before he walked up to Jin and wrapped his arms around the latter's waist in a back hug since Jin still had his arms crossed.
 

"Seokjin~ Are you upset?" said Jimin, putting on the cute charm as he rested his head against Jin's back.
 

"Very." was the amusingly childish reply.
 

Jimin grinned and let go so he could stand in front of Jin, highly amused when he saw that pout still in place. He stepped up and put his hands on either side of Jin's face, then lightly pulled at the older's cheeks. Jin couldn't hold the facade any longer and smiled brightly, making Jimin let out a triumphant "Hah!" as his own face lit up with a bright smile. Jin laughed as he brought up his hands and gently took hold of Jimin's wrists, the two suddenly starting a staring contest.
 

Jin's hands were pleasantly warm against Jimin's skin and the latter felt his heart flutter when Jin's smile softened into a more tender one. Jimin's own hands had gone from pinching to just holding Jin's face, his thumb brushing against the older's cheek. The unconscious action made Jin close his eyes for a second and when he opened them again, Jimin was completely mesmerized. Those eyes were making him feel as if he was the only one Jin could see, and that had his heart racing.


Jin then tilted his head to the side a bit, making Jimin blush from how intently he was being stared at. He held the older's gaze for a few more seconds before shyly averting his gaze, making Jin chuckle.
 

"I'm definitely not upset anymore." he said.


Jimin looked back up and gave the older a mock glare before laughing, then lowered his hands and bit his lip to prevent a silly smile as Jin casually held onto one of his hands. They then headed to a different part of the aquarium and Jimin would tug on Jin's hand when a certain fish caught his attention, not seeing how the older would smile at his actions. They walked up to a large tank just then because Jimin had spotted some starfish and wanted a closer look. He let go of Jin to press his hands against the thick glass, his eyes big and curious as he took in the sight before him. Jin merely stood beside Jimin with his hands in his pockets as he too looked at the starfish, albeit less interested; he was content as long as the younger was having fun.
 

Jin then sensed something that made him uneasy and looked at his surroundings, but nothing seemed out of place. He looked back at the tank and the vision of something big and heavy dropping had Jin quickly pulling Jimin back by the arm to a safe distance. The younger looked up at him in confusion, but then gave a startled jump when h

Please log in to read the full chapter