32nd piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Careless. Yoongi had been absolutely careless and it angered Jin. He had known his cousin was going to be the reason for Jimin finding out about them, but he didn't know it was going to be this soon. Had he known it was going to happen today, he would have found a way to buy himself some more time. He's mad at himself for not being fast enough, for not getting to Jimin before the latter saw what Yoongi had been doing.
 

He actually had it planned out, he was going to tell Jimin everything during their date. But given the current situation, Jin's beginning to doubt that date will even happen. After Jimin had asked him that one question, Jin had completely shut down. He didn't say a single word and just stared at the younger, knowing he was glaring if Jimin's nervous expression was anything to go by. But Jin wasn't glaring at Jimin, he was simply glaring because he was so angry.
 

Namjoon had come up to them and grabbed Jin around the elbow, the latter looking at his friend and channeling to him how mad, nervous, and scared he was. He channeled to Namjoon the question Jimin had just asked him and what he should do or say.
 

Take my car and bring Jimin some place where the two of you can talk without interruption, the rest of us will just hang out at Taehyung's place... channeled Namjoon.
 

Jin nodded and his gaze softened immediately when he looked back towards Jimin, who had been carefully watching them.
 

Contact me if you need anything channeled Namjoon before patting Jin on the back while giving him the keys to his car, then smiled stiffly at Jimin and took his leave.
 

"I need to clear the air with you once and for all." said Jin, his voice wavering a bit.


============================
 

Jimin knew Jin was angry, it was written all over the older's face. But strangely enough, he knew the anger wasn't directed at him. As he watched the scenery go by, Jimin was thinking about how he was finally going to know Jin's biggest hidden secret. He could tell the older was also nervous, the way his hands trembled when he had started the car being a giveaway. The ride had been in complete silence, not even the radio was on, but Jimin thinks it's better that way.
 

Finally recognizing this road, Jimin concluded Jin was taking them to that forest; he was proven right when they reached the destination a few minutes later. Jin got out of the car first and just started walking, making Jimin scramble out of the car and catch up. Jin was a bit further ahead, but stopped when he reached the tall bushes with the thorns. He looked over his shoulder at the younger and smiled just the slightest bit.
 

"Be sure to stay close to me." he said, just like last time.
 

Jimin nodded and walked up to Jin until he was right behind him, the older faced forward again to start moving branches. And just like last time, Jimin had reached out to grasp the back of Jin's shirt as they walked. But the difference this time was that Jimin didn't need to hold on, he just wanted to somehow let Jin know he wasn't going to run away. The familiar sound of a stream filtered through Jimin's ears, bringing a small smile to his face as the same beautiful scenery from last time appeared before him. The stream was still crystal clear, the trees were still tall and mossy, that rock was still huge.
 

"I thought this would be a good place to sort things out." said Jin, his voice quiet as he walked up tp the stream and crouched down, "It's away from prying eyes."
 

Jimin walked up next to Jin and crouched down beside him, ready to listen to everything the older had to say. After a moment of silence, Jin took a deep breath and decided to just sit on the grass as he stared into the water.
 

"Yoongi's telekinetic and I... I'm a few things." he began, then let out a breath and shook his head while letting out a humorless laugh, "Ahh... this is going to be harder than I thought."
 

"Take your time." said Jimin softly and placed a comforting hand on Jin's back, the latter stayed quiet for a bit before running his hands through his hair and looked down at his lap.
 

"I can... hear what people are thinking." he slowly began, "I can communicate with spirits, and... and I sometimes have visions."
 

Jimin looked over at him, but didn't remove his hand. There was a conflicted, pained, and vulnerable expression on Jin's face that made his chest feel a twinge.
 

"It was hard growing up." the older continued, "The neighbors thought I was a troublemaker because I would accidentally spill their secrets and my parents thought I might be schizophrenic because they would catch me talking to someone who wasn't there."
 

"I didn't have anyone, the kids in school would call me a freak and the teachers eventually gave up trying to stop them. The name-calling got worse, some of them would even push me or throw things at me. It got to be too much for the school to handle, so my parents thought it would be best to send me to my grandmother who lived here in the city."
 

Jimin's eyes watered as he listened to Jin's story, feeling angry at those children for being so cruel.
 

"She knew right away what was going on with me and told me there was nothing wrong with me. That I was one of a kind... which was something I had never heard before." said Jin, a small sad smile on his face, "I started homeschooling instead and she would teach

Please log in to read the full chapter