7th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

After school, Jimin was going to his locker when he spotted Jin walking in the distance with his phone held up to his ear and a frown on his face. Wondering where he was for the rest of the day, Jimin changed directions and followed. Jin looked unaware of his presence as he replied in a hushed voice to whomever he was talking to. Jimin ended up following the older towards a secluded part of the school and wondered if he should wait for Jin to finish his call or make his presence known. But what he heard next made him stay put for the time being.


"How did you even get that information?" Jin was asking, his tone sounding annoyed and disbelieving.
 

He stayed quiet as the other person replied, then exhaled through his nose as he closed his eyes; clear sign of trying to keep his patience.
 

"You're going to end up getting expelled one of these days." said Jin, he didn't give the other person a chance to reply when he said, "And don't lie to me, I know Jungkook wasn't here on his own accord."
 

He then suddenly turned his head and his gaze landed perfectly on Jimin, who gulped and took a startled step back. Those enigmatic eyes always got to him.
 

"I'll see you later, Namjoon." said Jin into the receiver before hanging up and stuffing his phone in his pocket, eyes still on the younger.


"I-I was going to say something, but I didn't want to interrupt you." said Jimin hurriedly, not wanting to come off as an eavesdropper.
 

"It's okay." said Jin, then tilted his head to the side, "Did you need something?"
 

"I just wanted to know where you were for the rest of the day." replied Jimin, feeling a bit shy all of a sudden, "Um, I didn't see you at all after lunch so... y-yeah, I was curious."
 

"You're a curious little kitten, aren't you?" said Jin, an amused glimmer in his eyes, making Jimin blush a bit as he looked at the ground.
 

"Why am I a kitten?" asked the younger, pouting a bit as he scuffed his shoe against the floor.
 

"Because you're cute like one." replied Jin; Jimin looked up and when he saw the playful grin on the older's face, he crossed his arms and frowned.
 

"I am not cute." said Jimin indignantly, "Cute is a word used to describe girls, children, and baby animals. And I'm none of those!"
 

"You're a kitten." said Jin with a raised eyebrow, "Therefore, you're a baby animal and I can call you cute."
 

"What kind of logic is that?!" asked Jimin incredulously.
 

"My logic." replied Jin with a shrug.
 

Jimin just looked at the older in disbelief for a moment before he started laughing, amazed that Jin could joke around like this. When he composed himself, Jimin looked at Jin again and shook his head in amusement.
 

"You're something else, Seokjin." said the younger with a grin.
 

"So I've been told." said Jin with a small smile, "But to answer your question, I was in the music room."
 

"What for?" asked Jimin curiously, making the older chuckle.
 

"There's a piano in there. I decided to play for a bit, but my skills are kind of rusty so I ended up spending more time in there than I thought." replied Jin.
 

"How long's it been since you last played?" asked Jimin.
 

"About two years now." said Jin.
 

Jimin just nodded as he looked at Jin in wonder, thinking that there's still so much more to know about him. But then he realized that he was the only one asking all the questions, not once has Jimin heard Jin ask anything. Was he perhaps being annoying with all of his questioning? And was Jin putting up with it just to be nice? Just as Jimin was beginning to feel anxious about this, he felt a hand on his head and looked up.
 

"You're thinking too hard." said Jin softly, his fingers then combed through the soft locks before letting his hand drop to his side.
 

"Never think you're being annoying, Jimin. Contrary, you're pleasant to be around and I like answering your questions." he added with a warm smile.
 

"T-Thanks..." said Jimin, not expecting that and felt his cheeks grow warm as he bashfully averted his gaze.
 

"You're welcome." said Jin with a chuckle, "If you don't mind, can we start heading out? I need to meet up with someone right now."
 

"Oh, um... Sure!" said Jimin with a bright look, they then starting walking down the hall in a comfortable silence.
 

As they neared the exit, Jimin could faintly see Taehyung in the distance as he lightly kicked at the dirt by the gates. He looked over to bid Jin farewell, but blinked in confusion when he didn't see the older beside him anymore. Jimin looked towards the halls, but Jin was nowhere in sight. Where did he go so fast? And now that he thought about it, how did Jin know he had thought himself annoying back there?
 

Jimin left the school with double the confusion, not noticing the very faint red mist trailing behind at his feet.


==============================================


"You could have at least let me say goodbye to him." said an irritable Jin as he briskly walked down the street.
 

"Namjoon was getting impatient." said Jungkook with a shrug as he easily kept up with the older.
 

"Why didn't you just teleport us into his dorm room, then?" grumbled Jin, annoyed that Jungkook decided to pop up from behind and snatch him; the younger improved a lot since Jin didn't sense him.
 

"He wanted to meet away from the academy and I'm not about to pop up out of nowhere in an unfamiliar place and expose myself." replied Jungkook.
 

"You did just that a moment ago." said Jin with a frown.
 

"Yeah, but no one was there to see me." said Jungkook while rolling his eyes.
 

"Jimin was there. He was right next to me!" said Jin incredulously as he stopped walking to glare at the younger.
 

"I bet he didn't even notice." said Jungkook with a grin as he stopped as well, "Seeing as you're so quiet and could have easily slipped away."
 

"I may be quiet, Jungkook, but I'm not rude. I'm sure he's going to find it odd that I suddenly disappeared without telling him anything." said Jin.
 

"You used to walk out on me without saying anything all the time when you were still at the academy." said Jungkook with raised eyebrows, then crossed his arms, "Besides, what makes him so different from the rest of us that you care so much what he thinks?"
 

"I don't care that much." denied Jin as he averted his gaze and continued walking.
 

"You do, too." insisted Jungkook as he caught up, "You always kept to yourself at the academy and you didn't care about anyone in that new high school of yours until you saw him. You always blocked out everyone and all of a sudden you want to know what's in his mind?"
 

"Enough, Jungkook." said Jin, his low tone warning the younger to stop.
 

Jungkook just huffed and didn't say anything else for the rest of the walk, which was about five minutes. They reached a cafe and stepped inside, Jungkook knew where Namjoon was and lead the way. He then plopped down beside Namjoon and clung onto the older's arm while looking like a sulking child.
 

"What's up with you, Kook?" asked Namjoon as he tousled Jungkook's hair, the latter just shook his head and kept his eyes on the table as he rested his head on his friend's shoulder.
 

Namjoon looked up at Jin, who had seated himself across from them and saw a subtle look of guilt on his face as he

Please log in to read the full chapter