28th piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung was frozen in his seat on the couch as he read the message, his hand gripping his phone tightly and his face was pale; Jungkook had just texted about his and Jimin's whereabouts. Of all the places that kid could have teleported to...
 

It's been over an hour since Jungkook disappeared with Jimin and they had first tried driving around town to see if they could find a trace. They then tried texting and calling Jungkook since he was the only one with a phone, but the youngest had turned it off. So they ended up coming back to Taehyung's house, where the latter had restlessly paced around before eventually sitting down. He had been on edge since Jimin accidentally saw Jungkook materialize and when the latter suddenly lunged at his best friend and they disappeared, he almost lost it.
 

And now that he had received this text from Jungkook, it only confirmed his suspicion and fear.
 

"What is it, Taehyung?" asked Namjoon with a concerned expression, who was sitting beside him.
 

"He's got something." said Jin as he sat up attentively, then frowned for a moment before shooting up from his seat and hurried towards the front door.
 

"Jungkook and Jimin are at the academy!"
 

=======================================
 

Since he didn't know how long the talk was going to be or when the others were going to get here, Jungkook had followed Hoseok towards one of the vending machines to get something to drink. They then sat side by side on the floor by the lockers and just... talked. Lately, Jungkook had been slowly letting Hoseok in and he's not so distant towards the older anymore. They have developed a rather nice friendship and even though Hoseok's still romantically interested in the younger, he's more subtle about it. But one habit he hasn't been able to shake off is his death glare, one that he gives to any and every male that gets just a little too close to Jungkook.
 

The latter looked over at Hoseok, who had tugged down his mask to drink from his soda can, and wondered if it was possible to get over his crush on Jin. He's been crushing on the older for a while and the fact that he knows Jin doesn't feel the same way doesn't seem to stop his heart from racing whenever Jungkook sees him. Hoseok has even told him at some point that he's willing to help Jungkook get over his feelings for Jin, but the younger never gave a proper answer. How Hoseok found out it was Jin whom Jungkook liked, the latter didn't know.
 

"You're staring." said Hoseok quietly, breaking Jungkook out of his thoughts as he quickly averted his gaze.
 

"Sorry." said Jungkook quietly, then took a sip from his own soda can to cover up his embarrassment.
 

Hoseok chuckled beside him and Jungkook saw out of his peripheral vision how the older turned his head to look at him, then felt a hand on his nape.
 

"You're so cute." murmured Hoseok, his thumb lightly brushing against Jungkook's skin.
 

The latter looked up at Hoseok and when the older's face suddenly turned serious as they kept steady eye contact, Jungkook's heart suddenly skipped a beat.
 

"If I kissed you right now, would you push me away?" asked Hoseok, his tone low and his gaze suddenly very alluring.
 

Jungkook's own gaze dropped to the older's lips before giving a small shrug as he looked back up. Hoseok slightly tilted his head and slowly started leaning in, giving Jungkook more than enough time to pull back or turn away.
 

"Last chance..." whispered Hoseok when they were mere centimeters apart.
 

Jungkook responded by closing his eyes and very slightly leaning forward, making their lips touch just the slightest bit. Hoseok's fingers slid upward into Jungkook's hair as he closed the remaining distance in a fervent yet gentle kiss, making the younger blush almost instantly. Jungkook could feel every single emotion the older was pouring into this kiss and it was making his heart pound like crazy, never having felt this before; not even when he's around Jin. But none of that mattered right now as his senses were completely being taken over by Hoseok. When Jungkook started to hesitantly kiss back, he heard a low and satisfied rumble coming from Hoseok as the latter started to gently nip at his bottom lip.
 

A pleasant jolt went through Jungkook at this new sensation and found himself leaning in further, strangely wanting more as he unconsciously rested a hand on Hoseok's knee. The latter took that hand in his and gave it a light squeeze before raising it to his chest as he pulled away, both opened their eyes at the same time and Jungkook was completely spellbound; something inside telling him not to tear his gaze away. Hoseok's stare was as intense as always, but the younger noticed a warmth to it he hadn't before... Has Hoseok always looked at him this way?
 

Jungkook could feel the heartbeat under his hand, it was beating just as fast as his own.
 

"I really want us to be together, Jungkook." said Hoseok quietly and in all seriousness, "But it just doesn't sit well with me that you like Jin."
 

"How did you find out I like him?" asked Jungkook a bit nervously, "I've never told anyone about it."
 

"I have eyes." replied Hoseok with a light frown, "I could see how you acted around him, see how you would smile at him. You didn't act that way with Namjoon or with anyone else and that made my blood boil... I couldn't stand Jin having all of your attention."
 

"Well, he was the first person I met when I first got here." said Jungkook with a frown of his own, "Jin has always been there for me and he's helped me so much throughout all these years that out of nowhere I started having these feelings for him."
 

Hoseok stayed quiet as he just stared at the younger, not daring to interrupt.
 

"I never meant for that to happen." continued Jungkook, his tone and expression changing into a more vulnerable one, "Do you think I enjoy liking someone who will never see me the same way? No, Hoseok, I don't enjoy it. I-It really hurts, especially now that I know Jin's

Please log in to read the full chapter