1st piece

Puzzle
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung doesn't know how to be discreet. At all. Tell him to be low-key about something and he'll do the opposite. Like now, Jimin has his hands covering his face in embarrassment as Taehyung looks around the cafeteria for the guy Jimin had mentioned.
 

"Taehyung, can you not be so obvious?!" the latter whisper shouted as he glared at his friend through his fingers.
 

"Well, give me his exact location and I won't." said Taehyung, he gave up his search and turned to grin at his friend.
 

They were currently sitting at their favorite table in the cafeteria and Taehyung noticed Jimin was a little distracted. So, after endless pestering, Jimin finally gave in and told Taehyung he was looking at someone. It was that guy, Seokjin, who's a year above them and the most mysterious person in the school. Everyone knew who Seokjin was, but no one actually knew him.
 

"He's near the back, the table beside the pillar." said Jimin as he took off his glasses to clean the lenses.
 

"Gotcha." said Taehyung with a bright smile.
 

He then turned in his chair again and angled his head every which way in a non discreet manner until his eyes finally landed on the person he was looking for. There was Seokjin, or Jin as everyone referred to him as, sitting alone at the table with his head down as he scribbled away on his notebook. Which was odd because he never seemed interested in schoolwork. Taehyung turned back around and gave Jimin, who had his glasses back on, a non impressed look.
 

"Why are you crushing on Jin, anyway? Is it because he has that whole mysterious-bad-boy image? Tch, you can do way better than that." he said, sounding like he was nagging and whining at the same time.
 

"I'm not crushing on anyone." said Jimin defensively, his cheeks turning red.
 

"You can't lie to me, Jimin." said Taehyung with a teasing smile, "Your voice gets higher when you do."
 

"It does not!" exclaimed Jimin, blushing even more when he realized his voice pitch did rise a bit.
 

"You don't even know if Jin likes guys." said Taehyung as he crossed his arms.
 

"I don't care what he likes because I'm not interested in him." said Jimin through gritted teeth.
 

"Then why were you staring at him?" asked Taehyung with raised eyebrows.
 

"Can't a person just look at someone out of curiosity?" countered Jimin.
 

"That's how stalkers start." said Taehyung with a grin, then laughed when Jimin threw a crumpled napkin at him.
 

"I only see one stalker here, Taehyung, and it's you." said Jimin, his attention was then diverted towards the back.
 

Jin had gotten up from his chair and was leaving the cafeteria, notebook in hand and not once sparing a glance at the people around him. Jimin watched him go with a feeling of wanting to go after him, but stayed put because he didn't want to prove Taehyung right about the stalking.
 

"Come with me to the bathroom." said Taehyung all of a sudden.
 

Jimin looked over at his friend in confusion, but Taehyung just grinned as he got up and grabbed him by the arm before pulling him along out of the cafeteria. They walked with their arms linked, which was nothing new, and Jimin looked at Taehyung again. The latter had a small smile on his face as he kept his gaze straight ahead. As they neared the bathrooms, Taehyung pulled his arm away and instead draped it over Jimin's shoulders.
 

"Why do I have to come with you again?" asked Jimin, still confused about all this.
 

"Because." replied Taehyung simply.
 

"You've never asked me before." said Jimin with a blink.
 

"Oh, look, there's Jin." said Taehyung casually as he pointed, Jimin looked over and there was the older male standing in front of his open locker.
 

There was a concentrated frown on Jin's face as he looked down at his phone, completely unaware of anything else. Jimin was so busy staring at the older that he didn't notice Taehyung's smirk nor the way his arm slid off his shoulders. Next thing he knew, Jimin was forcefully pushed forward and crashed right into Jin.
 

"GET SOME!" was all Jimin heard followed by running footsteps as they hit the floor.
 

Jimin opened his eyes and felt his face grow hot when he noticed he had landed right on top of Jin, his glasses had fallen off and his cheek was squished against the older's chest. He quickly scrambled off and felt around the floor blindly for his glasses, panic rising inside him.
 

"I am so sorry, Seokjin!" exclaimed Jimin, his hands frantically searching.
 

Jin groaned in pain as he slowly sat up, he looked beside him and saw the glasses Jimin was looking for. He picked them up and held them out to the younger, who squinted at them then took them with a quick thanks. When he put his glasses back on, Jimin gulped and was frozen to the spot as Jin slowly got up, their eyes locked. He slowly got up as well and the height difference was something Jimin had expected, but wasn't actually prepared for. With his face still void of what he was thinking, Jin took a step forward and Jimin instantly shut his eyes in fear.
 

But when nothing happened, Jimin slowly opened his eyes and looked up to see Jin just silently staring at him; as if observing him. Seeing the older up close like this made Jimin's heart flutter because damn... Jin was very, very attractive. With that black hair, those dark eyes smoked out with eyeliner, and the way he towered over Jimin made the latter a little weak in the knees. Even in his white button up school shirt and black school pants, Jin looked damn good. Jimin realized he was openly staring and quickly averted his gaze to the floor as his face grew warm.
 

"I-I'm really sorry for crashing into you and knocking you down." said Jimin, his voice a little shaky from how nervous he was.
 

"People usually look at the person they're apologizing to." said Jin.
 

Jimin couldn't tell if the older was mad or not, but he still raised his eyes so as to not cause any more trouble. He wasn't expecting the small and amused smile on Jin's face.
 

"But you're kind of cute, so I'll forgive you." said the older.
 

Jimin blushed as he just stared back at Jin with big eyes, the older chuckled and went back to his locker.
 

"You should get going now, Jimin, lunch is almost over and the hallway's going to get crowded." said Jin without looking at the younger.
 

"O-Okay... um, sorry again." said Jimin with a bow before stepping around and hurrying away.
 

He walked a few steps before realizing he never actually introduced himself to Jin. So how did the latter know his name? Jimin stopped in his tracks and spun around, his eyes wide, but Jin was no longer there.

Please log in to read the full chapter