Five

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

SeolHyun's POV 

I look YeonA in the eyes, trying not to panic. 

"Shh, you're going to wake up the others. There is no reason for that", I shush her and she just looks at me curiously. 

"I want an explanation first", she says and sits down in our couch area. I haven't used it yet so I don't know how it feels. I sit down and find that it's really comfortable actually. 

"He's my childhood friend, okay? We've just kinds reconnected", I tell her nothing more, it's all she needs to know for now. 

"Wow, you're best friends with Wonho from Monsta X. How dare you keep that a secret from me? You know how much I like him!" She almost yells again and I cover with my hand. 

"I told you, don't wake up the others", I hiss and she nods that she'll stay quiet. "What are you even doing up?" 

"I went to the bathroom and heard talking outside so I went to look", she admits sheepishly. 

"Go back to sleep, it's an early morning", I tell her and she walks back to her room. 

I get into mine too and notice MiNa being asleep. She doesn't wake up like the other night, but I'm she does realise I was out late again. This is going to be fun in the morning. 

Wonho's POV 

The door closes behind her and I walk back to where I came from. It's weird to walk her home after all this time. She has changed a lot and not at all in another way. I can feel her being the same as she used to, but covering it up with a harder exterior. We all need to be hard if we want to make it in this business. 

Tonight was one of the best nights I've ever had since I left her at home. It was like we had never parted in some way. The only thing that still bothers me is that she's so guarded whenever she talks to me, like she needs to protect herself. Judging from how she looked when she came to the company I get that. Her parents must've gotten worse when I left. Or it was just always like that and I never saw the full extend of their hatred. A girl doesn't deserve to be treated like that by anyone, especially not by her parents. 

The only one she had was me back then and I just left her alone, never contacted her because of my own selfish reasons. That picture makes me feel even more guilty than before. That's why I took it with me, I need to feel guilty for it. 

By the time I make it home it's already past 2:30 am. My night's rest will be short and I'm not even sure I can sleep at all after this kind of night.

Jooheon is the only one still up when I get home, it figures. He's always working on some new music whenever he gets the chance. It reminds me of how SeolHyun wanted to dance in her free time. The only free time we really get is at night. And then we need to sleep because we have a hard day coming up. 

"Where are you coming from?" He asks me while taking his headphones off. 

"I had to meet someone", I explain. Jooheon can be trusted with these kind of things.

"A date?" He brings up his eyebrows. 

"No, childhood friend. We reconnected somehow", I tell him and he nods.

"She must be special if the great Wonho is willing to give his beauty sleep for her", he laughs and turns back to the computer. 

"She is." That's when I go into my bed and try to sleep, not bothering in changing. Sleep does come in the end, about when Jooheon goes to sleep. 4am it is then.

SeolHyun's POV 

The morning comes way to soon. I'm barely asleep when the light starts seeping in. To my surprise I'm the last one to wake. Everyone looks at me funny because I'm not usually the last one. SooMi eyes me suspiciously, I'm sure YeonA has told her something about my meeting last night. They talk a lot. Damn it, why did he have to walk me all the way home? And why the hell did I let him? The question is on my mind as I get ready. It's not fair to the girls that I'm this distracted, but I can't help it. 

MiNa notices, but keeps quiet. She's a good friend like that. All she does is cover for me while we make our way to the dorms by car. Some of the girls want to know if I'm sick or depressed. She tells them I'm just nervous about our debut and that caused me to practice until very late. Some of them buy it, not all. YeonA looks at me with a smirk. I stick out my tongue, a little childishly, but what the hell. 

She throws back a smile because I'm finally truly awake. We laugh a little in silence because it would be weird for the rest of them to see. When we get to the practice room I can't help but remember last night. Wonho and I have grown a little closer, mending the broken relationship we have. It feels weird to look at the room and kind miss him. What has happened to me? I'm sure he's already forgotten about it all. 

1 new message

Wonho: 

Is it just me that's happy we got to talk last night? 

His message takes me by surprise as we sit down and set up to dance in a few. 

Me: 

No, I'm kind of happy too. 

read: 8:12 am 

Wonho: 

Kind of? Just kind of? Oh how you kill me! 

Me: 

Okay, fine. A lot. Dramaqueen. 

read: 8:18 am

Wonho: 

That's better. And hey, I'm your elder, you have to pay some respects!

Me: 

Whatever, Wonho. I have practice, talk to you later?

read: 8: 21 am

Wonho: 

Sure thing! Show them what you're made off! Can we meet again tonight? 

Me: 

Can't get enough of me, huh? Fine, same place same time? 

read: 8:25 am

Wonho: 

Can't wait to see you! 

 

He seems to be pretty excited to see me again. It toys with both my head and heart. But why am I so bothered by it all? I guess it's hard to trust someone again after they let you down like he did with me. Hearing the reason behind it all didn't actually make it better, like I initially thought it would. It only makes me doubt him more, but he was honest about it. That's a start. 

The practice starts and I'm unable to get him out of my head. I don't actually screw anything up, I'm just not really into it either. After dancing with Wonho like that last night, this seems like nothing at all. How did I ever find this hard? At least he challenges me to do something more. We take a break to eat. I haven't really eaten anything all day and MiNa has noticed. She throws me a sandwich while sitting down beside me. 

"You okay?" she takes a sip of her water while looking at me with expectant eyes. 

"I'm fine. Just a bit tired I guess", I smile a little to let her know. 

"From all your nightly meetings?" she whispers and I almost choke on my sandwich. It really sounds wrong when she says it like that. If anyone hears her, they'll get the wrong idea of me. And Wonho. We're just friends, jeez. 

"I guess", I nod my head in agreement, hoping she doesn't say anything like that again. 

"Maybe you should come home earlier", again I almost spit out my sandwich. Why does it all sound so wrong? Especially coming from her? 

"I will, tonight, promise", I really want to got to bed early tonight. At least what you can call early these days. We're always stuck here until midnight and then I'm meeting Wonho, for god knows how long. Why does he have to show up when I'm about to debut. We used to just practice until 10, but it's way busier now. 

After our break our manager walks in. SungMin seems a little tired too. Of course he needs to take care of us and sort a lot of stuff out for us. Must be hard too, not as hard as this, but still. He calls us all over and gives us a shy smile. We still haven't really gotten used to each other, so it's awkward. 

"Hey girls. The teachers tell me you've been doing really well. I also heard some of the vocal parts of the song! EunHa, great job! MiJin, MiNa, YeonA and SeolHyun too! SooMi, they want you to write an original rap together with JiHee. You can have the afternoon to do so. The rest of you will go to the hairdressers", he nods at us and we all agree. 

"Neh!" We say and bow for him as he leaves. 

SooMi and JiHee are our rappers. I know JiHee has always wanted to write her own rap piece, so it's really nice of the company to grant it. She is all smiles while she walks out with SooMi. They're busy talking while we just stand there and grab our stuff. We decide to shower a little before changing into something less casual for the hairdressers. They come here for us, so we don't have to go out, but still. I want us to make a good impression. I do wonder what they're planning on doing with us. Please don't cut it short. 

The hairdressers are nice as we sit down in their chairs. There are enough of them for all of us. We are all kind of nervous while they put their hands on us. The mirrors are coated so we can't see. They're all really busy with doing our hair and I can't look at the rest of my members because I have to keep my head still. I'm so nervous when I see some hair fall. What if they do give me a short bob or something? 

In the end they finish up and reveal us in the mirrors. When I finally see myself I'm surprised. They did a deep brown red colour for me and I love it. I have slight bangs and my hair is curled at the ends. It looks way better than it ever did before. I gasp and the rest does too. 

YeonA has blueish hair now. It suits her lively and young self so good. She seems to be really happy too. EunHa has gone blonde and it is just too weird for words. But it actually suits her. MiNa is grey and I laugh a little at first because she used to always say how much she hates it. But seeing her with it, it looks good! She seems to come to terms with it. MiJin is the only brown headed girl now from the four of us. They did do her a few shades lighter to make is more bronze. We all smile and thank the hairdressers. 

I slip out of my chair and grab my phone. Wonho needs to see this. 

Me:

Look at this: 

Look at this: 

read: 2:48 pm

(for everyone reading this story, this is just about the hair, the girl does not resemble SeolHyun at all, okay? Bear with me, please)  

Wonho: 

Wow! That is seriously the most beautiful hair I have ever seen. The girls wearing it is not too bad either ;-)

I roll my eyes at the screen because of the cheesiness. 

Me: 

I have the afternoon off

read: 3:01 pm

Wonho: 

I'm coming! 

Me: 

Eager much?

read: 3:20 pm 

Wonho: 

I'm here. 

That's fast. Did he run here? I say goodbye to the others, telling them I am going to relax a little. They wave goodbye and go down to meet him. The second I step out of the door someone pulls me aside and into an alley. 

"What's the meaning of this?!" I yell and try to break free from the man's grip. He places a hand over my mouth. 

"SHHT!" I look him in the eye and see it's Wonho. 

"Wonho?" I mumble against his hand, completely and utterly surprised by the way he is plastered against me.