Forty One

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

Wonho's POV

The weeks have begun to become so much busier. I haven't seen Seollie all this time and it's getting to me. I miss her more than I probably should, but the comeback stages have been piling up. Starship decided to have us do an extra long promotion of 'Fighter'. This is the best shape I've ever been in and everyone seems to notice. Except for the only one I want to notice it. 

Seollie has been preparing for her own comeback stage. She's been so busy she can't even call me back. I seem to be making time whenever I can, but she just can't pick up her phone. Neither does she answer my texts. Just when I thought we were finally getting to a place where we could be a little more at ease with each other. Is there something going on? 

The only who notices me having a near mental breakdown is Minhyuk. He's been staying by my side whenever I feel insecure, which has been a lot these days. He tries to cheer me up whenever he notices me being down. His way of cheering me up is acting like a complete fool in front of everyone. And somehow it works. I smile and he knows his mission is accomplished. 

"You okay?" he asks me before we have to go on and rehearse. 

"Yeah, I'm fine..." I say with a heavy sound. Of course he catches on immediately and comes a little closer to me. 

"SeolHyun?" he asks and has hit the nail on its head. I nod to him and he puts an arm around my shoulders. "Still haven't spoken to her?" I shake my head this time and he hugs me. Apparently I need a lot of hugs. 

"I'll try calling her again, I guess?" I ask him more than telling him. I hate being this insecure about myself. I've never once been like thise. Why does she have this kind of hold on me? It isn't even her fault, so I can't blame her at all. I have become weak, for a girl... 

"Everything will be okay! She's probably just rehearsing a lot... Like we all do before a comeback. Isn't hers next week?" Minhyuk tries to cheer me up. It's kind of working. 

"Maybe I should swing by later?" I ask myself more than Minhyuk. He is complaining about how I should give her space and not go there, but I won't listen to him. He gives up because he knows how head strong I can be. 

I'll go see her tonight, not too late because she might be too tired. I need to time this right. She'll be excited to see me right? The insecurity kicks in again... This really needs to stop. And it won't until I finally see her again. 

We finish our performance and eat something before I take off. She has to be back at the dorms by now since it's almost 1 am. I decide to call her on the way there to make sure she knows I'm coming over. The phone rings a few times before she picks up. 

"Wonho?" her voice is sleepy, did I wake her? 

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" I'm worried she might not be getting enough sleep and now I'm ruining it. 

"No we just got back. Why?" she asks me. 

"I'm on my way over to your dorms. I couldn't stand not seeing you anymore", I whisper into the phone because it is embarrassing. 

"Aww! Wait, I'll be out in a few!" She seems to be excited about me coming over, which is a good thing. I suppose. 

I wait in the playground a little farther from her dorms. We have to meet here for no one to see us. I swing around and just wait. She told me she'd be out soon, but it has already been 15 minutes... Will she be able to even make it? I call her again. 

"Sorry! On my way!" She says out of breath, making it look like she is running towards me. It makes me smile a little. 

"Don't be too long. I can't stand it anymore", can't believe I'm actually saying these cringe worthy things. Someone send help. 

"I'm here!" she yells and I get up from my swing to walk towards her, but she actually runs towards me and jumps into my arms. I spin her around as her legs wrap around my waist. She has lost weight again, I can tell from the way she feels. They need to stop putting her on a diet. 

We circle around a few times more before I take her to a nearby bench. There is no one around to see us like this, so it is okay. I've been longing to do this with her for so long now. She keeps on hugging me while I sit down. It's the best feeling in the world to feel this needed by a person. It's just pure happiness and nothing else between us now. I feel like a teenager all over again. 

"Have you missed me that much?" I ask her in a laughing tone. She kisses my jaw swiftly and then faces me. 

"Are you actually kidding me? I've missed you more than you can ever imagine", she pouts at me and I chuckle. She's too cute whenever she wants to be. 

"Then why have you been ignoring me all this time?" Now it's my turn to act cute in front of her. She hates it when I do that. 

"I was always training and when I actually wanted to call you at night I always fell asleep. This comeback has me worn out all the damn time..." She almost cries out. She is really exhausted, I can tell by the way she is leaning on me. 

"I feel so bad for calling you out right now..." I whisper and she shakes her head in response. 

"Don't be, I needed this. I needed you." I kiss her after that statement. It starts out softly but quickly turns out to be a very steamy kiss to have on the streets. She's still straddling my lap and I know we need to stop this. If we get caught it'll be bad for both of us. I stop the kiss. 

"We need to still be careful. My company still doesn't know about us", I warn her, but she wants to kiss me again. "Something is wrong, no?" I can feel that there's something she just wants to forget. 

"They're asking me to lose even more weight right now", she starts and already looks like she's starving. "I haven't been losing weight ever since I got to this point, no matter what I do..." She closes her eyes, clearly having difficulties with staying concious. Is it because of the not eating or the being tired? 

"Are they really pushing you that hard?" I ask while putting my hands on her now bony hips. 
I can feel every single bone through it and it's not okay. She seems underweight, even more than usual. 

"The pressure is high..." she admits. "The other girls have been doing better than me, but they are also younger than me so it's easier." 

"You will not starve yourself to death because of this, you hear me? We are going to get some food for you. It looks like it's been a while since you've eaten a proper meal." I pick her up and stand up myself. This should not be her reality. 

"No! I can't eat!" She starts whining and tries to get me to put her down. The thing is that she almost has no strength left, so it seems like she's really weak. I almost cry at the sight of it. 

"You're in bad luck. I will not have my girlfriend die because of starvation", I'm really stubborn, have I said that before? I put her down and take her hand in mine so we can walk like a regular couple. And of course to make sure she does not pass out from the lightheadedness. 

"Wonho..." she still complains to me, but she's gradually giving in to me. That's the power of my charms. And I'm going to charm the living hell out her every single day we're together. "I need to lose 3 more pounds before next week." 

"I don't care. You can barely even walk to a damn convenience store..." The way she is staggering around is breaking my heart. No one should make people do these kind of things. It's like she's being physically abused all over again at home. She didn't get any food there either. 

"What is the president saying about this? And your father? Or don't you guys talk anymore?" I'm very curious about this. They can not possibly agree with this . 

"They don't know..." she mumbles a little and I'm not even surprised. It's probably their manager who told them to do this. That way it will look better in the comeback. 

"I'll have to have a word with them.." I whisper, she does not hear me. Good, that way she won't get in the way of me wanting her to be healthy. 

We get to a convenience store nearby and I put on my mouth mask. She doesn't have hers with her, but it's okay. No one is paying attention to us as I buy her a mouth mask and some noodles. I even put in some cheese as I put in the microwave. She sits down in a seat outside and looks at me carefully through the glass. I want to flash her a smile, but the mouth masks are in the way. If they see us like this, it could be over. 

The food is ready and I take it outside for her to eat. She has to take off the mouth mask and I want to give her my hat, but my hair will give me away immediately without even trying.  Who can miss those blue tips and silver hair? 

"Eat up", I say and she starts eating slowly. It soon turns out into her gobbling down the whole thing in mere minutes. I smile and even go back inside to make her another one. She gobbles down that one too. God, I love seeing her eat like that. 

In the end she leans back into her chair, content and smiling like a fool. It must feel good to finally be able to eat something. I smile underneath the mouth mask and tilt my head to the side to take her in. She looks most beautiful like that. 

"Why are you staring like that?" A little blush creeps onto her cheeks as she tries to hide her face from me. "Did I eat too much? Do I have something on my face?" 

"Not at all", I chuckle and just take her in some more. "You're just so damn beautiful." 

"Stop it..." she is totally hiding her face now and I reach over to remove her hands. She looks so innocent when she is shy. The normally strong and independant woman turns into a cute girl when she is like this. It's nice to see her defenceless sometimes. 

"I will never stop telling you that", I say in a very serious tone. "You deserve to hear that every single day of your life because it is the truth. Both inside and outside." 

"Wonho..." She whines and I move my chair over to sit next to her. She leans her head on my shoulder while we sit in silence for the remainder of the time. There is absolutely nothing better than being together like this. 

"We should get going, you need to get some sleep", I whisper and she doesn't protest. We get up, she adjusts mask and we're on our way back to her dorm. We stay silent all the way there and I kiss her in front of her door. She goes inside with the promise to see each other in a few days and to talk on the phone. 

On my way back to my dorm I can't stop smiling. It has been an absolute perfect evening. When I walk inside of the dorm Shownu is waiting for me with his usual frown. But it is even deeper today. 

"What's up?" I ask him and he takes out his phone. He shows me some pictures that have been posted on dispatch. The headline says: 'Leader of new girl group in a relationship with an idol?' And it's Seollie's face that is plastered everywhere.