Fifteen

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

Wonho's POV

Today is one of our last stages. It's kind of sad because I loved being around SeolHyun at those times. It wasn't weird and it wasn't at night. We could just talk freely and be friends since everyone backstage is like that. We'll have to do these crazy meet ups at night again, not that I mind losing sleep for her. It's just that she's finally letting me in, or at least she's trying to do so. And I can't ask more of her than this. 

"I can't believe promoting is almost don", Kihyun sighs as he drops down on the couch beside me. He's been complaining about it all week. That and the fact that we never clean up after ourselves. What can I say? We are boys after all. 

"Same here. I wish it would last longer", Hyungwon drops down on the other side of me. He's been very clingy these days for some reason. 

"Guys, this is not the end, you know..." I tell them both since they seem to be depressed about it.

"No, but I'll miss the fans cheering for us. And I rather liked this comeback", Jooheon has joined us and is sitting on the ground with his computer. All he seems to do these days is compose new songs. Where he gets the inspiration beats me completely. I'm always totally exhausted after practice and doing our stage. 

"Guys, come on! Cheer up, as Twice would say!" Minhyuk walks into the room. He's such a ray of sunshine most of the time. He's followed by Changkyun. We're all sitting in a semi circle by now, the only missing member is our leader. Where did he go this time? 

We hear the lock of our door open as Shownu walks in with a bag in his hands. He smiles while coming over to us and completing the circle we tried to make. His hands dip into the bag and he hands us all ice cream. 

"You've all worked really hard this time. I'm proud of you, of us. This is my treat, so enjoy it!" He tells us while smiling with his eyes. We all start unwrapping our cone and before you know it we're all quiet. We're never like this unless we're eating. Which we love doing by the way. Kihyun hates it because he always has to clean up after us, but he doesn't complain too much anymore.

"So, Wonho, how're things with your friend?" Jooheon questions and I shoot him a death glare. He's been really pushing it ever since he caught us in our room. There wasn't even anything going on, but he just has to make something big out of it. 

"She's fine, thank you very much", I try to be as polite as I can be.

"She's very pretty", Hyungwon joins in and nods. 

"Yeah she is", Changkyun comments. He's way too young to be thinking about girls like that if you ask me. 

"Can we just drop the subject please?" I sigh and finish my cone. My hands are going through my hair again, a bad habit for whenever I'm nervous and don't want to talk about it. 

"How long have you known each other for?" Minhyuk also joins in as he's finishing his cone too.

"For as long as I can remember", I let my mind wander back to the little girl running through the neighbourhood. She was the cutest thing ever and all my instincts screamed to protect her. They still do that even now, whenever I see her. 

"That must be nice", Hyungwon mumbles next to me and I'm confused. He's been like this ever since me and SeolHyun have reconnected again. 

"It is." On that note I really want to finish the conversation. That's why I get up and actually clean up for once too. Kihyun stares at me with big eyes. "What? I can clean up, you know."

"I know you can clean up, I've just never actually seen you do it before", he raises his eyebrows at me while I'm rolling my eyes. These boys are just like girls. They have to make everything more dramatic then it already is. 

They're getting on my nerves so I walk back into my own room. Jooheon is in the living room anyways so I have it all to myself. Why do they keep on insisting on talking about SeolHyun? They should've gotten the hint by now. She's off limit to everyone. Speaking of her, she's been texting me all morning in between practices. She always is these days. It seems like she's really working on the whole trust thing. I decide to call her.

"Seollie!" I yell into the phone and she giggles on the other side. After that she scolds me for calling her by that nickname. Secretly she loves it, I know she does.

"What up, WonHOE", she jokes and I pout for no one to see. 

"I told you not to use that", I whine on the phone. She laughs again.

"And I told you not to call me Seollie. It's your punishment", I can almost see her lifting her chin in the air like she does every time she's proud. This girl, really. 

"Fine, I'll stop", I give up in the end. I always do.

"Why are you calling me anyways? You're lucky practice just finished", she comments while I hear some noise in the background.

"Why are you guys still practicing? You're already the best out there after EXO. You were even so close to winning last time!" I accuse her. It  did kind of sting because we've been doing this longer than her and she's already almost getting prizes. 

"So I can beat your ", she jokes on the other side and I roll my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes, Wonho. It doesn't suit you."

"How do you even know I'm doing that?!" She's inhuman, I swear. 

"I know you." 

She's right on that account. We've really gotten to get to know each other of the past few days. We've spent a lot of time talking about what we like these days. And some things have stayed the same over the years too. 

"Fine. What does suit me?" 

"Avoiding my questions. You still haven't answered why you called me in the first place", touché again. 

"Okay, I guess I just wanted to know what you were up to", I sigh and fall back into my mattress. 

"You just miss me, admit it", she's getting bolder and bolder these days. And my feelings aren't subsiding in any shape or form. 

"I missed you." 

The line stays still. I guess it's because I actually admitted to it. Plus it was in a way too serious tone too. , I've ruined it. 

"You alive on the other side?" I ask, a bit unsure. 

"Yeah, sorry." Her voice shakes a little.

"What's wrong?" I ask, completely worried now. 

"Nothing. Sorry I have to go", the line suddenly goes dead. What was that all about? Was it because I told her I missed her? .

"Loverbooooy! We need to leave!" Jooheon calls out to me. 

I slam the door on my way out of the room. The rest of them notice I'm really annoyed by this point and don't say anything else during the whole car ride over. We get out and I go change immediately. I hope to see SeolHyun here too, but she's nowhere to be found yet. She'll have to tell me what's wrong. I told her exactly what she wanted to hear, so why did she freak out? If I messed this up I'm going to be so pissed at myself and the rest of the world. 

In the end she arrives with the rest of her group. Something seems to be really off too. They're all a bit quiet as they make their way over to their dressing room. Maybe it didn't have anything to do with me after all? I wait for her in the hallway. The rest of the group greets me politely as the elder I am. She's the last one to come out and I take her wrist carefully. 

"What's wrong?" I ask while her eyes dart all around. 

"We just got some bad news, that's all", she reassures me but the smile on her face does not convince me at all. 

"What is it?" I ask, pulling her to a more comfortable spot to talk freely. 

"The president. He collapsed during a meeting and is in the hospital", she tells me while removing a tear from her cheek. I remember her telling me how important he was for all of them a few days ago. Especially for her since he really looked out for SeolHyun. "We got the news when you were calling me." 

"I'm so sorry. Is he fine now?" I inquire and she nods her head slightly. 

"We're just a bit shaken up by everything", she says and this time she smiles a bit more genuine. "The only thing we can do now is win today." Her determined look says it all. Whenever Seollie wants something, she gets it. 

"I'm glad you're fine", I say relived and she looks up into my eyes. 

"Thank you", she says genuinely and kisses my cheek. This is the first real body contact we've had next to hugs and it takes me by surprise. My heart makes a little summersault as she pulls back again with a shy smile. "I  have to go practice." 

After that she's gone and I'm left, all stunned. She's letting me in more and more. Maybe I'm special after all. Who am I kidding? Of course I am. I watch them on the screen and we're right after. I'm giving all I have for the fans that are already here. They're screaming and fanchanting already, it's amazing. Friday will be our last performance, it's like 3 days away. It gives me an incredible high while walking off stage again. The boys are talking to me again since I'm not mad anymore. 

I immediately search for SeolHyun. She has to be here somewhere. I look everywhere and finally find her standing outside with someone else. It's that SeungJun guy from the debut group KNK. He's ridiculously tall if you ask me, and unnecessary handsome. It annoys the out of me. He's been eyeing SeolHyun ever since she first had to debut and now they're talking like old friends. SeolHyun is even laughing and smiling, which is not an easy task to do if you don't know her. She even slaps his arm for something and he flashes her a handsome smile. 

"Wonho, what are you staring at?" Hyungwon asks me and I turn around to take him with me. 

"Nothing." 

I hate to admit it, but it's true. I'm jealous as of that guy.