Three

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

Wonho's POV 

SeolHyun had really grown up. She looked fabulous, nothing like the little girl I used to know. I can tell she is extremely pissed with me and I can't even blame her for it. It's all my stupid, selfish fault. Seeing her walking away mad like that kind of leaves me feeling stranded. It's the first time ever that I feel this guilty over anything. 

The walk home makes me think in the cold night air. What even was the reason I never responded to her? Was there a legit reason to begin with? It's been too long... 

"Where are you coming home from?" Kihyun is standing outside, looking at the stars. 

"Nowhere in particular", I sigh and sit down on the bench in front of our dorms. There was a time when we weren't permitted to go out at all. These days we can go occasionally.

"A walk to clear your head?" He sits down beside me. 

"Yeah. Something like that", I admit and Kihyun picks on my undertone. He always does. 

"It did seem pretty cloudy in there today.." I laugh at his silly comment but realise he isn't laughing with me pretty soon. "I'm serious. This is the most troubled I've seen you in all our trainee days. Not even during 'No Mercy'." 

"Some things from the past have popped up again", I tell him, Kihyun has a way to get it out of you. 

"Are you dealing with it properly?" 

"To be honest? I have no idea at all." I sink back into the bench and look up at the stars. They shine oddly bright today.

SeolHyun's POV

When I arrive home all the girls have gone to sleep. I hare a room with MiNa so it's not that bad. She won't ask any questions. I open the door to our bedroom and it's all dark. MiNa is fast asleep while I climb into my bed. My clothes are still in because I can't be bothered to put them away. Wonho has changed so much.. He is not the person who left our town 5 yeas ago. Not at all. But there is still something of Hoseok in there too. There must be, I could see it when he grabbed my wrist. It transported me back into time when he held me to keep me safe. 

"SeolHyun?" I hear MiNa say quietly. 

"Go back to sleep MiNa", I whisper and she grunts and turns over to sleep some more. 

It's been a long day, I need sleep. But somehow it doesn't come at all. I stare at the ceiling all the time, while it doesn't change one bit. Sleeping in a foreign bed is always difficult for me, it reminds me of what my life used to be. The emptiness of it all keeps on scaring me as I try to fill my life with new things. Will it ever be enough to completely run away from it all? Or will I keep being stuck here? Wonho coming back into my life isn't helping either. He's only making things more complicated as I try to move on. 

The next morning

I'm up before MiNa. Hell, I'm up before everyone. It's the first day in our new dorms and I decide to be a true leader and make pancakes for breakfast. I don't care if we're allowed to eat carbs or not, they're not here to check on me. If I say we can eat pancakes, we can. We do have something to celebrate anyways. By the time I'm making my first pancake, the first member leaves her bedroom. EunHa is first, like she used to always be in the other dorms too. She smells the food and comes hovering over to me. 

"You shouldn't have!" she yells in excitement while sitting down to eat her first one.  

Not much later her roommate joins her in eating. SooMi is enjoying the food as much as EunHa. It makes me smile to see the girls come in one by one. The next is MiNa who shoots me a suspicious look while sitting down. After that the last roommates leave their room: MiJin, JiHee and YeonA are the last ones to come and join us. They look so sleepy, especially JiHee, I know she misses her sister, but I do have some news for her. The manager looked into it for me and texted me last night. 

Before she leaves to wash up with the other girls I stop her. 

"I asked manager-nim how your sister is doing last night", I say in a hushed voice and she seems to bloom open instantly. 

"And? Is she okay?" her eyes are big with the same question. 

"She's fine. The younger ones have taken her in their care. She was even playing a little last night", she sighs with relief. And I do too. Finally a big smile appears on her lips, the one I've been missing so much. I pat her on the back to signal she can get ready now. 

I'm already ready since I was up so early. I tried concealing the black marks under my eyes, but I'm not that good with make-up. The only one who noticed is MiNa, but that's because she knows me like no other. She's also done first with preparing and takes me into our joined room. 

"Where did you go last night that you can't sleep anymore now?" she's concerned about me, she always is. 

"I met someone I used to know well. It's been a while..." I tell her and cast my eyes down to the floor. 

"Oh sweetie, how did it go?" 

"He's a jerk, nothing like he used to be", it slips out of my mouth and her eyes widen. 

"He?" oh . 

"Yeah, he used to kind of be like a big brother to me. Then he upped and left to become a star here since he was scouted", what's the point in lying anymore? 

"So who is it?" she tilts her head, she always does whenever she's really interested. 

"Wonho from Monsta X", I admit and she shakes her head. 

"He's your friend? Or used to be? Damn! He's like one of the hottest guys out there!" It earns her a little smile. I can't deny the fact that he looks amazing nowadays. Even yesterday, in his casual clothing. He didn't wear any make-up or anything excessive, but he still looked amazing up close. 

"Yeah, but don't even bother. He's become this person I don't even know anymore", I sigh and then sink back into my bed. 

"Maybe you should give it time? I'm sure the friend you're looking for is beneath all of the drama he has to put on. Why don't you try?" As per usual, MiNa knows best. Even though she's a year younger than me, she knows what I need to do all the time. 

"Hmm, perhaps I should", I drape my arm over my eyes and groan a little. "But if he is just conceited, you're getting whipped."

"Fine! I'll take it!" she slaps my arm and pulls me up with her. "We need to get going if we want to be on time for our single." 

The car we need is waiting for us when we exit the building. It's ridiculous since it's only a 10 minute walk over to the main building, but they have to come pick us up. What if something were to happen to us? 

The recording is taking place inside the same booths as yesterday. Everyone needs to go in alone and do their part, hence the waiting I am currently doing. I'm always the last on things since I'm the leader and stuff. This makes me think about sending a certain someone a text. Of what the hell? 

Me: 

I'm sorry about being a last night 

read: 8:51 am

Wonho: 

It's fine. I deserved that one... Want to maybe meet up again tonight and talk about it all? 

Me: 

Yeah, why not? Same place and time?

read: 8:59 am

Wonho: 

Okay, I'm looking forward to properly talking to you! And I'll bring snacks, like I used to. 

Me: 

I can't eat any snacks, not allowed to

read: 9:03

That's when my name is called out. I make my way to the booth and they all encourage me to sing well. From what I've hear, they did really well too. Of course they did, we've been training for this half of our lives now. My singing goes smoothly and our producer is very happy with the sound. This is the title track for our first mini album. The album is called: Summer Flower. It just had to be something cute didn't it? It doesn't matter to me, the songs actually sound genuinely good to me. There's been put a lot of thought in it. 

After we're done we go to dance practice. I don't have the time to check my phone anymore since dancing is something I'm leading in. They chose me based on my dancing, and a little on my singing. I used to dance a lot with Wonho back home. We were always in the dance studio getting sweaty and dancing the world away. When he left, the studio kind of became a sad reminder of things used to be. But I never ever stopped dancing. 

The choreographer was told to work with me on the moves. She's a very lovely person who actually cares about what you do. The dance is good on it's own, but it misses some key elements like flow. We both think about how we can change it and suddenly it comes to me. We change some steps and add some things. When we dance it's more natural now. 

The other girls are absolutely good at this too. EunHa is a little less good at it since dancing isn't her biggest asset. She's the lead singer, so she doesn't need to dance too much too. Her eyes glisten while she dances because she's so happy. EunHa is a very spirited girl, she isn't too tall and has blonde hair now. They dyed it yesterday before the conference. It actually looks so stunning on her. She's 2 years younger than me, but we get along fine. 

When the dancing is finally done it's almost 12 pm. Oh ! I am supposed to meet Wonho in 10 minutes! , I'm all sweaty and sticky. Plus I'm wearing my gym clothes which consist of shorts and a sports bra. The only thing I have to cover me up is a long cardigan. It'll have to make do then. 

I run out of the practice room, telling the girls I'll meet them back at the dorms when they go home. They're all too excited to ask any questions at all. When I finally run out of the building it's already passed 12pm and I can see Wonho waiting at the fountain. Something has changed in him. He has blonde hair now, he didn't have that yesterday. A comeback is coming up then. He turns around when he hears someone running to him and I try not to pant too much. 

"Wow, did you run out of practice or something?" he asks while taking me in. 

"Actually: yes. We just finished for today. I'm sorry I'm late", I say in between breaths as he rakes one of his hands through his newly dyed hair. "Nice colour." 

"Thanks, I wasn't sure of it when they first put it on, but I kind of like it now", he smiles widely and I catch a glimpse of the boy underneath. 

"A comeback coming up?" I ask while sitting down on the side of the fountain again. 

"Yeah, in about a month we're coming back with a new song", he plays with a thread on his loose sweater. 

"We're debuting too then!" I am way too excited about this. 

"Aren't you cold?" he suddenly asks me while looking at the goosebumps on my legs. 

"Ehm, I'm fine", I say with a polite smile. 

Then he moves beside me and takes his shirt off. I can see a little of his tummy when he does so and I'm not even surprised to see a lot of muscle. He throws his shirt on my legs to keep them warm. He's in a long sleeved shirt now while he rakes his both hands through his hair to get it right. 

"Thanks", a blush creeps onto my cheeks. 

"Anytime, Seollie", he uses my nickname from when we were young and it actually makes me feel a lot warmer.