Twenty Eight

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

SeolHyun's POV

I run back inside to tell them not to wait for me. For all they know I'm walking home, thinking and mulling things over. The real thing I'm doing is going with Wonho. I just kind of need him tonight, more than other nights. It's been so emotional during these past few hours, I don't know how to really give it all a spot in my mind. Wonho usually helps me wind down and create some room to think. Or to not think. He makes me forget about most things, but also reminds me of the painful parts of my past. For some reason I'm still not over that. He still gives me that same feeling. 

"Are you okay?" he asks, concerned. 

"I'm fine. A little overwhelmed, that's all", I reassure him while resting my head on his shoulder. We're on the roof of his company building and it's the most at peace I've felt in years. Every single doubt and memory has been temporarily washed away. 

"You can talk to me, okay?" he's still worrying about me. Even more so since I told him everything. It doesn't bother me all that much anymore. 

I gently look at his features and the way he pulls his eyebrows together whenever something is bothering him. He's thinking hard about something. My hand instinctively reaches up to wipe away the creases on his forehead. 

"You'll get wrinkles that way", I joke and he lightens up a little. 

"Don't say silly things", he smiles for the first time in an hour. 

"Maybe you'll turn ugly or something..." I comment to see his reaction. He stiffens up and glares down at me. 

"You and I both know I'll stay handsome forever", he says, head held high. His nose is in the air and I burst out laughing. He's being totally ridiculous and serious at the same time. Which is no easy task. We laugh for a little while longer before a breeze comes in. I shiver a bit and Wonho is the first to take off his jacket. He did this the second night we met, after being apart for so long, too. It feels really sweet and nice. I instantly lean into him some more and press my lips against his throat. His hand is on my waist as he pulls me a little closer. "I've missed this."

"Me too. I always felt so safe whenever I was with you", I admit to him. Admitting has become a lot easier these days. He mostly guesses what's on my mind anyways. I guess those are the perks of knowing each other so well. 

"That's the only thing I ever wanted to do: keep you safe", he whispers, more to himself than to me. I smile at the little confession. My heart keeps on blooming for him. 

"And it's the only way I've ever wanted to feel: safe", I sigh and close my eyes and remember the days. My heart is heavy while my mind swirls very fast. I need to get over this feeling, I need to be normal again. But what is normal? I don't think I've ever known something like 'normal'. For some kind of reason my 'parents' have robbed me from that privilege when I was young. They took all innocence away from me and made me grow up way too fast. I never got to experience what is was like to feel like a regular kid. At school everyone was always running around while playing. I was always too sore to participate, which led to them excluding me from everything. It was the same in middle school. Except for the fact that there were always rumors. People at that age always want to bring you down. There was talk of me having an abusive boyfriend after Wonho left me. That I was going down the wrong path because I was lonely. If only they'd known the truth. The truth behind why I can't wear a normal tank top. The truth behind all the bruises and broken bones. The truth behind all the silly lies. But people never look past that, they see what they want to see. Nothing more, nothing less. Except for Wonho. He was always the one to look beyond that and see through my facade. I guess that's why we became friends in the first place. 

"I know I've been gone for a long while, but I want to keep you safe again. I want to be by your side for whatever happens in the future. Most of all, I want you to never feel scared again. You should feel safe and at ease with me. That's the thing I hope for most", he makes the hairs stand up in the back of my neck. 

"Thank you", I say and try not to cry. It's too late though. Some tears have escaped and are rolling down my cheeks. I turn my head away into his sweater and try to conceal the fact that I'm crying, again. He already said it was fine, but still. 

"It won't be easy, I know", he his right hand over my hair and down my neck a little. Then  he starts at the top again. I decide to focus on that and his breathing to calm me down a bit. It always works. 

"I just..." I choke out, but am unable to say anything else due to the lump in my throat. I don't think I've cried this much ever since leaving home.

"Do you want me to make you forget?" his voice is soft and right next to my ear. I give him a small nod and his hand is in my neck, tilting my head upwards. His thumb caresses my cheek lightly while I can feel his breath on my lips. The best way to forget is kissing. To have him nearby. His lips touch mine before my brain can register any kind of movement. It starts out slowly, lips just touching and moving together. It escalates a little when our mouths open up to each other. The pressure he applies is a bit harder and his other hand finds the small of my back. He presses his hand flat against it, making me come closer to him. Our bodies are touching while his tongue begs my mouth for entrance. I play a little before I let him inside and fully melt away. My brain turns to mush as he explores my mouth like never before. Most of our kisses are hasty and don't last this long. This time he takes his time to turn every single bone in my body to pudding. And it's working. It's working better than expected. I feel as if I'm a liquid substance inside his arms, ready to disappear completely. He doesn't let go and pulls me even closer. My heart is hammering inside my chest while my hands rest on his. It's hard to not give in completely, but there's still some kind of wall up inside my brain. It won't let me go any further than this. Luckily Wonho can read the situation and stops pushing me any further. He just keeps me that way, his hand still in my neck, thumb on my cheek and hand on my back. I don't need anything more than this. 

After a good make-out session we pull back and just look at each other. It's like seeing each other for the first time. It doesn't make any sense at all, but it feels like it. I can't explain it any other way. His eyes are soft and skim my face for any kind of restraint. Then he looks me in the eye and I just melt from the inside out again. His chocolate brown eyes make my knees weak again, just after they've regained their balance. 

"Was that good?" he asks while pulling me in for a tight hug. He's holding back, I know, for my sake. 

"It was perfect. You are perfect", I assure him. His body seems to relax a bit against mine. It relieves me. 

"I was thinking..." he starts out very hesitant before pulling back a little to look at me. 

"Yes?" 

"You have a few days off, right?" he casts his eyes down and takes my hands in his. He keeps his gaze locked on that. 

"Yes I do", I nod a little. Where is he going with this? 

"Well, I have a few too. Just a day or two. Maybe we can go on a trip?" His words are very silent. I'm not even sure I really heard him well. 

"Did you just say you want to go on a trip?" 

"Yes." 

"Where?" 

"Don't shoot me, okay?" his eyes finally find mine again and they mirror my confusion. "I maybe want to visit home, with you. If that's okay?" 

I immediately pull back from him. Is he even in his right mind? Why would he take me back there? Why would he want to? It's nothing but a place of bad memories for me. I haven't been back there in all these years, and neither has he. It kind of hurts me to think he wants to take me back to the place that hurt me the most. The people that hurt me the most. 

Wonho's POV

The look in her eyes says it all. It speaks of betrayal and hurt. I know she's thinking of me wanting to hurt her. And why would I really want to take her back there? Well, it's simple. I want her to move on with her life and leave it all behind her. She can find closure there. At least that's what the psychologist I talked to told me. He said she needs to close up the chapter and start with a new one. And she can only do that when she faces the facts. She's been hiding here for way too long. 

I never ever want to do something that hurts her, physically of mentally. This is just something that needs to be done. The closer I come to her, the more she moves away. This is exactly the result I was expecting from her. Maybe it's too soon? 

"Listen, I don't ever want to hurt you or let them hurt you again. Hell, they will have to go through me if they want to lay a finger on you again. This is just me wanting to help you move on and maybe even see my family again. Trust me on this one, okay?" I explain to her. Her look is still cautious, but she's letting her guard down a little too. Something in her eyes tell me she wants to trust and believe me. It's just so hard for her. 

She comes closer again. I guess her heart won out over her mind and she's deciding to trust me. Her arms wrap around me as she presses her cheek onto my chest. She squeezes me tightly before looking up. 

"I'm deciding to trust you." This is a milestone. And I've never been happier to have her say this.