Twenty

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

SeolHyun's POV

My heart has been fluttering for no apparent reason at all times ever since Wonho held my hand like that. I keep on telling myself it's nothing, that it will pass, but it doesn't. We're two weeks further and I haven't seen Wonho once. He's been busy with working on their new album and doing variety shows. I, on the other hand, have been busy with doing the live performances and fan signs. The fan signs have been going to well, so far. Most of them are girls, there is an occasional boy in the crowd too. It's good to see such a variety in people whenever we hold the fan signs, it really encourages me to do more. Our fans keep telling us they vote for us and are supporting us in whatever we do. It's kind of emotional saying goodbye to them. I finally get how Wonho was feeling in the end. You don't want to leave them, it

"Earth to SeolHyun", MiNa calls out my name and I snap my head up. I've been drifting off lately. 

"Sorry, what?" I say with full interest. This is taking a toll on my leadership skills. 

"We were talking about what we should do for our goodbye stage", EunHa informs me and I nod at her as a thanks. 

"Are we going to do something special?" YeonA says while playing with locks of her hair. 

"Yeah, how about we do a girl group dance?" I suggest and they all hum in agreement. 

"That doesn't even sound half as bad! Which song did you have in mind?" JiHee asks while picking up her iPod to search for a song herself. Our goodbye stage is in a week, so we don't have that much time to waste. 

"I was thinking maybe Girl's Day? Something? That gives them something to look at", I joke and they all smile at me. Oh, they're taking this seriously?

"Yeah! That's so y!" YeonA agrees immediately. She's all for that stuff. The hormones on that girl. I'll have to help her keep them in check. 

"We'll do that then?" I ask and they all nod. We're really doing this. . Now I have to figure out a way to pass this to our manager. I stand up from the ground and tell them I'm going to see the manager for a second. He's usually in his office by now when he's not around us all the time. When I get to his office I see I'm right once again. He's sitting behind his desk, typing away at his computer. 

"Manager-nim?" I as quietly while knocking on the door before going in. 

"SeolHyun! Come in", he motions for me to sit down in the chair opposite him. "What's the matter?" 

"We have decided on a special stage", I bow my head a little while sitting down in the chair. 

"Oh! That's great! What is it going to be?" He seems really excited too. What if he doesn't like it? Then we don't do it, simple as that. 

"Girl's Day's 'Something'", this is so damn awkward. 

"Well, that's fine with me. It'll gain you lots of fans", when I look up I see his genuine smile. In the beginning we didn't really get along well because he didn't want to be assigned to a girl group. And you could tell he didn't like the job at all. But ever since we debuted he's been better. It's like he's accepted it and even likes it. 

"Thank you, I'll go tell the girls then", I smile back and he nods. 

"Good, keep working hard. Fighting!" he puts his fist up to emphasize the 'fighting'. I feel energized after leaving his office. The girls will be really happy to start learning the dance and words to this song. It started out as a joke by me, but now it has become reality. 

"We have the okay!" I say while walking into the practice room again. They cheer and plug in the music. I've danced to this song a lot so I know all the moves by heart. It'll be my job teaching them the right moves. I'm happy Pledis is giving me the opportunity to do such things and don't only give choreographers for us to follow. We can write and compose our own songs too, which is what a true artist really does. They've given that privilege to Seventeen too and they're really happy. Seventeen is currently in New York, doing KCON while Wonwoo is staying home to strengthen from an illness. He looked really bad last time I saw him. Seungcheol told me that it's gastritis and he's really weak. 

That's why I'm on my way to see him right now. I've got soup and energizers in hand for him to get better. It must be very lonely in the dorms all by himself. He is the type to keep to himself, but he shouldn't be alone too much. The door to the dorms is locked, but I know where the spare key is anyway. I let myself in and put the stuff on the counter of their kitchen. It's so quiet in here, like it's abandoned. Usually there's a lot of noise, since there are 13 of them. And some of them are really loud. 

"Wonwoo-sshi?" I yell through the hallway and hear a groan in the back. He's here. I go to his door and push it open a little. "Are you decent?" 

"Yeah, you can come in", his voice croaks a little while I finally get to see his face. He still looks ill. 

"No offense but you look like ", I tell him while sitting down on the end of Mingyu's bed. 

"Thanks, that's the sweetest thing I've heard all day", he starts laughing but it ends in a coughing fit. 

"It's good that you're not in New York with the rest of them", I sigh and move my hand to feel his forehead. It's still really hot. "I have some soup with me to help you regain your strength." 

"Thanks. Have you heard from them?" he casually asks me while sitting up a little. 

"Seungcheol called me a while ago to ask me to check up on you. Apparently someone was very worried about you and kept bugging him", I chuckle at the thought of Seungcheols annoyed voice on the phone earlier.

"Who was it?" Wonwoo seems really serious. 

"Kim Mingyu, who else?" I search my pockets for my phone to let him see the picture Mingyu sent afterwards. It's one of him and the doll they use for Wonwoo. Mingyu is pouting and holding up a sign that he misses Wonwoo so much. "Here." I hand over the phone and Wonwoo looks at it. He's smiling, Wonwoo rarely smiles and Mingyu has the gift of always making him smile.

"Dork", Wonwoo smiles at the phone once more before handing it back. "He needs to grow up, not grow more inches. I swear he gets taller every single time I see him." 

We talk some more and I give him his soup. Wonwoo is a pleasant person to be around when the others aren't bugging him. I know he has trouble communicating with lots of people at the same time and that's why he keeps in the back at most times. It must be nice to have a break from all of that. 

"I wanted to go to New York with them", he suddenly blurts out. His cheeks are red and he's staring at his, now empty, bowl of soup.

"Ara, but you should rest more. They want you to get better at once, not just a little better, but all the way. For that you have to rest", I say in a soft voice for him.

"You're right", his sigh is deep and contains a lot of mixed emotions. "I see you're doing well on the live performances."

"You see?" I up an eyebrow and look at him.

"Yeah, I have too much time on my hands so I watch your performances", he sheepishly admits to me. Of course he would be so cute to do so. 

"You're cute!" I say pinching one of his cheeks and then running off.

"Yah! You're lucky I'm sick!" he yells after me and I just laugh. It's time for me to clean up and meet Wonho for a change. I still can't believe it's been two whole weeks without him. I kind of missed him and I hope he missed me in some kind of way. We're trying to figure this out in our own time, but still. 

"I need to leave, but I'll come again some time tomorrow?" I ask Wonwoo while taking the bowl from his hands. 

"That's fine. Come whenever you feel like it. I like talking to you", he flashes me a shy smile and I knock my hand into his shoulder. 

"Get better", I say and go to the kitchen. Cleaning up goes a lot faster than I thought and I yell out another goodbye before pulling the door closed behind me. Wonho should be waiting downtown in a little café. We found it a while ago and it's perfect for meeting. Not a lot of people go there. The girls think I'm still with Wonwoo, so that's alright. 

I'm half an hour too early to our meeting spot, but go in anyways. It's dangerous to keep waiting outside. What if people see me while they pass by? I sit at our table way in the back while the waitress comes to take my order. I always order a Caramel Macchiato with lots of whipped cream. Not too much later Wonho walks in. He still turns heads wherever he goes. And I have to admit he looks really good in all black with a baseball cap on. 

"Oh, you're here already? Have you been here for long?" He sits down and shoots me a worried look. 

"I just came in, so no", I smile at him and squint my eyes from happiness. I feel so good while talking to him. 

"I planned to be here before you, so you've ruined that", Wonho pouts and then takes my hand in his. This is as far as we've gone in all that time. My heart starts beating really fast and my cheeks heat up. It's like I'm floating on a cloud somewhere in the sky whenever he touches me like this. It's so chaste, yet so sweet. 

"I'm sorry", I say while looking from our hands to his eyes. He's smiling at me like a fool while his thumb caresses the back of my hand. My heart flutters once again. I feel like I might die of happiness. 

"You should never be sorry towards me", he says while leaning in a little. Before we know it the waitress comes back with my coffee and interrupts whatever we were about to do. What am I getting myself into?