Twenty Two

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

SeolHyun's POV

It's Friday and time for our special stage. The PD's agreed to it right away and said they'd do anything to make the stage great. And they have gone all out. The decorations are amazing and it makes me feel like I'm really in Girl's day. We distributed the lines as best as we could since there are 7 of us and only 4 of Girl's Day. Everyone is excited and happy to be a part of this all. Our manager even picked out  good costumes and has been taking care of us better than ever. 

I'm nervous because me and Wonho haven't been talking at all. I asked him to give me time and he has done so, diligently. I didn't expect him to uphold his end of the deal like this. Most of the time he would be banging down my door the next day, but this time he's taking it serious. I kind of hate it. I want Wonho to beat down my door and barge in to make me tell everything. It's been so hard bearing this alone, only he can help me by softening this burden. 

I try calling him just once. He told me he'd pick up as soon as he could and Wonho kept his end of the deal. The phone only rings once, as if he's been waiting for my call for days. 

"Seollie?" he asked, out of breath, as if he'd been running around or something. 

"I'm sorry", is the first thing that leaves my mouth. I don't know why I'm apologising to him, but I feel the need to do so. 

"Don't apologise to me", Wonho laughs from the other side of the phone. I instinctively laugh with him and it relaxes me. I've been way too stressed out due to this whole situation. 

"Are you going to watch our special stage today?" I ask, twirling my hair around my finger, a bit nervous. If he says no I'll be so disappointed. 

"Of course I am", he says in a soothing voice. He can always sense when I'm being nervous and knows just what to do or say to make it better. Just like he's doing now. I feel the stress leave my body as he says those reassuring words to me. "Still not telling me what it is?" 

"You'll just have to see and find out", I joke, wishing I could wink at him. "After... the performance, let's see each other." The words sound foreign to me as I speak them, but it has to be done.

"Sure, where do you want to meet?" now he's getting nervous. It makes me giggle a little.

"The park where we went to that one time. It was nice and quiet. A good place to talk", I'm doing a word vomit, I know. 

"Sure, I'll be there whenever you want me to", his words make my heart skip a beat for some reason. He's always there when I want him to be there, always has been. 

"I'll text you when we should be done", I whisper and the conversation turns silent. None of us is speaking while I stare at the white wall in front of me. We don't need to talk since we'll be talking a lot this evening. I don't know what else to say. "I have to go and do camera practice." 

"Oh right, yeah. Well, fighting! I'll be watching!" he says cheerfully and I'm all energised by his demeanor. 

"Thank you, I'll see you tonight!" I put down my phone and sigh deeply. MiNa sits down beside me and I rest my head on her shoulder. She doesn't ask questions anymore, she's just here for me. Even if she'd asked, I couldn't have explained it either. Wonho has this strange effect on me all of the time. MiNa didn't even ask questions that night Wonho brought me home. She just went with the flow and accepted that this is the way things go for me. That's a good best friend in my eyes. She was there whenever I needed to cry or had a panic attack. She's never once asked questions since the first time it all happened. One day I'll be able to tell her why it all happened, but not now. The first person to find out should be Wonho, he deserves as much. 

"Come on. We need to do camera practice", MiNa lifts up her shoulder for me to get off and I smile at her. I don't thank her out loud, but she gets the gesture I'm making. She takes my hand and pulls me up and into a little hug. "You'll be fine." She whispers into my ear and we get going. Best friend ever

The camera practice goes well and smoothly. We're dressed in long black dresses, like the original Girl's Day performance. We even have the feather on our fingers, it'll be fun to do for real. We're all ready for it. Now we just have to wait until tonight to do it. In the meantime there have been new groups to come back with their songs. One of them is rookie group Astro. They're a few years younger than me, some of them. I've seen clips of them dancing and they are no joke. There are these two guys who dance better than anyone I've ever seen, including Wonho. Moonbin and Rocky are so in sync when they dance, they blow me away every single time. 

We watch them play around with each other from afar. No one has introduced us to them yet, so we stay back. They are a little more experienced than us in this field up until now, so they have to come to us. Otherwise it'll be weird for us, girls, to go up to them. In the end we get to talking with them because YeonA and Rocky bumped into each other while getting drinks. The guys are actually even cuter than on stage, thank god. 

Our stage gets closer too. After our special stage we're doing our normal one too, so it'll be a race against time to get it all done. Before we all know it, it's our turn to go. I'm nervous as hell, because Wonho will be watching again. All I want is for him to like what I'm showing for some odd reason. Am I actually falling for him? Is this really what this is? I'm not sure, not yet. 

The girls and I get ready and stand in our places as the music starts. Everyone is doing their part while singing or rapping a piece. I'm concentrating on the dance. No one misses a beat, it's just like we rehearsed it so many times. The thing I love about these girls is how much I can trust them to do a good job. We've been training together for so many years, I know I can count on them. We're a real team now, not just trainees. The eyes of the world are on us and we need to do a good thing. We're in sync as much as we can be while dancing and I'm actually trying to hide a huge smile when we end. There are a few boys going crazy in the room and it makes me happy. I can only imagine what Wonho must be thinking of me. 

We bow and thank the crowd before getting off stage. Behind the scenes, Astro awaits us and congratulate us with the successful stage. I wonder what they think about it, but don't ask. We've just met the boys. They're up next while we run towards wardrobe change and make-up change. It all takes up a lot of time and when we're done, it's our turn again to go on stage. I don't even have the time to call or text Wonho to ask what he thought of it. If he even liked it. It annoys me, the not knowing, but we have to move on. In the end all goes well again, but it could've been a bit better too. I don't complain since we're just tired from running around after the first stage. We don't win again, we're just in second place again, behind Sistar. Those ladies really deserve their win. 

I go outside for a bit of fresh air before we leave to the dorms again. The manager gave us some time to recollect ourselves before returning. I think he's turning soft on us after all this time. I stand outside, the sun has already gone down and made place for the moon with all of its stars. It looks stunning from down here. You can't see the stars all that often from Seoul. I used to see them every night, with Wonho, on his roof. Those stars were the only thing that kept me going for a very long time. 

"You looked amazing tonight", I hear a familiar voice say behind me. I smile to myself and turn around to face Wonho. I have no idea of how he got in, but he's here. 

"Did you like it?" I ask, a bit shyly. Wonho doesn't look like his usual, composed self. He's not joking, there is no humor in his eyes as he comes a bit closer. 

"I didn't like it", he tells me while taking another step towards me. 

"Oh, what was wrong with it?" I'm even more timid now. There's something very different about his demeanor and it's setting me off. It's as if he's a time bomb waiting to blow. 

"Nothing. You were perfect", he sighs as one of his hands reaches down to take one of mine. He intertwines our fingers, as if it's the most natural thing to do in the world. 

"Then why didn't you like it?" I'm so nervous. 

"Because I was not the only one who got to see you like that. I'm jealous of all the guys falling in love with you tonight because I want you for my own", he confesses to me as his eyes find mine. They're determined to get what they want. His other hand reaches up to rest in the crook of my neck. I lean into it, instinctively, as his face comes closer to mine. "Because tonight, I really fell in love with you." 

His words are a bare whisper. His breath is hot on my lips as suddenly my body craves for his touch everywhere. This sensation is new to me, I've never had it before, but it's already all-consuming. All other thoughts leave my body as his gaze keeps a hold on mine. His lips are inches away from mine, but I don't dare closing the gap between us. 

"Did you?" my voice trembles as the question escapes my lips. He nods his head, brushing his lips against mine as he does so. I feel like as if I'm going crazy right now. My heart is beating overtime while the hand that was holding mine releases. It finds its way up my waist, resting it there, with a firm grip. 

One more look into his eyes sets him off. His lips come crashing down on mine as my hands immediately, and instinctively, find their way around his neck. I pull myself up to reach better. His lips are soft against mine, but have a pressure to them too. It's clear he's been wanting to do this for quite some time now. The hand in my neck pulls me closer to him, so our lips can touch even better while my body presses against his. His tongue slides over my bottom lip, begging for entrance, I grant it to him. The kiss is like fireworks going off on the 4th of July. It feels as if every single piece of the world is finally falling into place again. My heart may be beating overtime, but my mind has never been more at ease than now. And that's all I ever needed.