Nineteen

Day&Night (Wonho Fanfic)

SeolHyun's POV

Wonho stands in front of me while just looking at me breathlessly. I don't know why I'm being so bold with him, but it just kind of happened. Now he's really close and my heart skips several beats as he looks up and down my face. I my lips without thinking and focus on his lips. My body is anticipating what is going to happen next, but Wonho doesn't move an inch. He just stands there, making me go crazy with every passing second. I put one hand on his chest and feel him stiffen under my touch. After that he relaxes again and closes his eyes. My heart is going crazy inside my chest. Then he shakes his head and steps back, breaking all contact between us. I look at him confused, but he ignores it and just steps back some more. 

"We should get back", he says in a hoarse voice while turning around. This didn't go the way I wanted it at all. Then again, what is wrong with me? Did I really want him to do that? Why am I ruining this new built friendship all of a sudden. 

"Yeah", is all I say before following him back in. My face must be burning red by now and I'm just so embarrassed because he kind of just rejected me. But why? 

We step back inside and both find our ways back to our groups. No one questions why we're not together like always, they just go with it. I sit down and secretly stare at him while he acts normal around s. 

"Stop staring at the guy", MiNa whispers in my ear before sitting down next to me. Okay, maybe it wasn't so secretly at all. 

"I wasn't", I scoff and avert my eyes to look at something else. 

"He has a hole in the back of his head from your staring", MiNa jokes and I glare at her. "What did he do this time?" 

"Nothing. I don't want to talk about it", I mumble and lean my head back. 

"Fine", MiNa sighs and joins me in looking at the ceiling. "Are you ready for today? In those clothes?" 

"These clothes have been made by the devil himself to torture me", I groan loudly, maybe a bit too loud since it's attracting stares. I blush again and then look at MiNa. 

"You're exaggerating", she rolls her eyes at me. She always thinks I am, for the record. 

"I am not. They have been made to ruin my life", I pout a little at her for not believing me. They almost ruined my friendship with Wonho. Or did it ruin it already? 

"Drama queen", MiNa breathes out and then stands up. "Come on, time for our rehearsal." 

We go on stage and perform the dance in these clothes. It goes better than expected at first. They're not in the way at all while I dance. It helps that I'm trying to not think about them at all. The dancing goes smoothly by now, we've gotten used to being on a stage. It might sound weird, but it gets really comfortable after a while. The rehearsal doesn't take up long and we go back in a matter of minutes. The PD's are very pleased by how diligent we are. I guess Pledis taught us well. 

Backstage everyone is talking with each other again. It's kind of nice to be here with everyone else. They're always really friendly, unless they just don't like you. There are some rookie girl groups that don't like us because we've already won a trophy. That and because I'm always talking to Wonho these days. He seems to be really popular with the girls. SeungJun is really popular too, which isn't weird. He's very handsome and tall, really tall. We haven't really talked since the dat Wonho got mad at me for being so comfortable around other guys and not him. All the other people are friendly because they understand the struggle we all went through to get here in the end. 

"Hey", SeungJun is suddenly beside me and smiling his goofy smile. "Wanna grab a drink?" 

"Yeah fine", I say and we go to buy drinks for the our groups too. I try to keep things with SeungJun friendly and not go too far with him. I do like him as a friend, but he doesn't make my heart skip a beat. Not like Wonho did earlier. What am I even thinking about? I shouldn't be thinking about this. He's my childhood friend that left and kind of forgot about me after a while. I should be mad at him, not falling for him. When did I even began thinking of him like that? 

"Earth to SeolHyun", SeungJun says with a little chuckle after we get our drinks. 

"Sorry, I tend to drift off sometimes", I smile at him while walking back. I'm trying to sort out the different feelings inside my body. It's very difficult to do. 

"I've noticed", he says while we reach KNK. "Our promotions end today too, you know?" 

"Really?" I'm really surprised. 

"Yeah, we're done for this time. I'm kind of sad", he's just like a little kid when he acts like this and it's so cute.

"Oh, why are you sad?" I ask, a bit curious. 

"I hate leaving our tinkerbells. That and I won't get to see you until next time", he winks and it's honestly too cute. 

"Tinkerbells are your fans? And aww, I'll miss you too", things are always easy when I'm with SeungJun. 

"Yeah, they are. And really?" his eyes are as big as a kid's when they get a new toy. 

"Really", I smile my teeth bare and he seems to be really happy with this. In the corner of my eye I see Wonho glaring at us. Oh so now I have his attention again? 

"Well, I'll see you around?" he asks a little scared while we pass drinks out to his group. 

"Yes we will", I wink and say hi to the rest of his group. They're really nice too. 

After that I make my way back to my girls, but not before a hand grabs my wrist. I turn around and see Wonho. He's dragging me outside again. What's with going outside all of the time? We come to a stop once we're out of sight from everyone inside. He stands a good distance from me while I eye him suspiciously. 

"Finishing what you started earlier?" I joke and his glare gets even more intense. It's scaring me. 

"Is there a drink for me?" he jokes back, ignoring my last comment. Smooth, Wonho, smooth. 

"If you want one?" I offer him a bottle of water and he takes it, the health freak he is at times. 

"So what were you and the little giant so smiley about?" he asks while sipping his drink. It seems so casual, but his undertone suggests something entirely different. 

"I sense some jealousy again, Wonho", I say while sitting down on some steps again. This is so familiar. We did this already. 

"I'm not jealous, just looking out for you", he buffs his chest and sits down too. 

"Are you sure about that?" I eye him from the side and he smiles a little while taking another sip of his bottle. 

"It's their last day too. SeungJun asked me if we'd see each other again", I tell him, why lie? 

"And what did you tell him?" 

"That we'd see each other again", I hold up my hands to make it seem like nothing. Wonho on the other hand almost chokes on his water. 

"Why would you say that?" he asks me in disbelief. 

"Because he is my friend, that's why..." I roll my eyes, he's being totally ridiculous. 

"And what am I to you?" he asks me a little more quiet. 

"I think I kind of made myself clear before..." I  say while staring at my feet. 

"Did you really want me to kiss you?" he's clearly surprised by it. 

"I wouldn't have said it if I didn't... But it's fine, I know you don't see me in that way", I smile a little to make it seem like it's really okay. 

"I never said I didn't want it", he mumbles back at me. 

"Then why didn't you?" 

"Because I'm kind of confused by everything... I don't know if this thing I'm feeling is because you grew up so well and look absolutely smoking hot. Or if it's because I have feelings for you. I want to make sure I can separate the two before I even try something. It could ruin our friendship in horrible ways", he sighs after saying his explanation. 

He's right though. Is this thing I'm feeling real or just hormones raging? I've always thought he was good looking, even when other people didn't think he was. But since he became an idol, he's become 100 times hotter and I'm kind of attracted to him. I wasn't attracted before, but maybe it's because I was so young when he left. Too young to know what it's like to really like someone in that way. Wonho is waiting for my response while I mull it all over. 

"You're right", I finally agree. "I think it's the same for me." 

"We need to figure it out", he puts his head in his hands and then goes through his hair. He's nervous again. 

"We'll figure it out together?" I ask him, I don't want to lose him again. At all costs. 

"What do your propose?" He's intrigued. 

"That we maybe try taking it really slow. We can take baby steps towards something more. We can figure it out while making our way there. If one of us feels like this isn't working, we can call it quits whenever we want to", I suggest. It's rash and I know this is not the right thing to do, but I can't help myself. I want to figure out just what he means to me, why I always react the way I do around him. 

"That's fine by me", he smiles a little and it almost breaks my heart, almost

"So what do we do now?" I ask and look at my feet. Wonho makes the first move and takes my hand in his. He intertwines out fingers and it feels absolutely great.

"Is this okay?" he asks quietly, not like he usually is. 

"Hmm", I say, afraid of my own voice while I look at our joined hands. My heart is beating really fast again while he's golding my hand. It's stupid because we're just holding hands, nothing more. But it's the furthest I've ever gone with anyone. That makes it special to me. 

"I take that as a yes", his smile grows, I can tell in the corner of my eye. His thumb is caressing the back of my hand and it's way better than they make it seem in all those dramas. Those dramas can't even compare to this. Yes, I watch them way too much. 

"Is it okay with you?" I finally ask while looking up. 

"More than fine", he's blushing. Wonho is blushing. I've never once seen it happen to him and here he is. Wow, I feel really good by now. I squeeze his hand and then lean in to rest my head on his shoulder. We sit like that for just a while longer. It feels right for some reason.